·
Registered
1,075 Posts

Same applies to the 2017 Escape.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
6,066 Posts
So I know this has been talked about to death, but I'm still a little weary of lifting my escape; The last thing I want to do is explain crushed body panels to my wife because "I didn't trust iffy lube to rotate my tires properly". I know I can lift it by the suggested scissor jack points using a hockey puck and a floor jack, but then where do I put my jack-stands? Should I instead lift the vehicle near the middle using the jack and lower it into jackstands placed at the suggested lift points? If it helps I have a harbor freight cross beam lift bar that splits the jack into two lift points.
I merged your thread with one of the existing threads on this topic. Have a look though the other posts for some ideas.

·
Registered
2018 Ford Escape SW 1.5L
1 Posts
Hello Ford Escape Forum members.. I just recently purchased my company vehicle - 2018 Ford Escape SE 1.5L. I have been researching several topics on this forum and found it to be very helpful - thanks to the moderators for making this forum available.. Recently I wanted to rotate my tires and did find several good post here on how people are jacking up their FE for maintenance.. I was however less than impressed with the owners manual when it comes to showing jack points on the FE..

Below is a picture showing where I jacked up the vehicle and the jack stand locations. I put the jack just behind front wheel at the recommended pinch weld location. Once I got the car lifted off the ground I moved the jack out of way and just used the jack stands however thought it might be good for folks to see where I jacked the vehicle... I found the jack locations to be stable to hold the car up along the pinch welds. I also purchased one of the tools to go with my jack that helps you line up with pinch weld so as to not crush it.. Took me about 30 minutes to jack up vehicle and rotate the tires and torque them to correct spec.

Look forward to helping contribute to the forum and hope one of my pics below will help someone else out..

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0l Ecoboost
859 Posts
Welcome to the forum, UGADawg! I remember the first time I needed to switch to winter tires and realized I couldn't do it until I purchased those thingies that protect the pinch weld.

Reactions: UGADawg

·
Super Moderator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
6,066 Posts
Hello Ford Escape Forum members.. I just recently purchased my company vehicle - 2018 Ford Escape SE 1.5L. I have been researching several topics on this forum and found it to be very helpful - thanks to the moderators for making this forum available.. Recently I wanted to rotate my tires and did find several good post here on how people are jacking up their FE for maintenance.. I was however less than impressed with the owners manual when it comes to showing jack points on the FE..

Below is a picture showing where I jacked up the vehicle and the jack stand locations. I put the jack just behind front wheel at the recommended pinch weld location. Once I got the car lifted off the ground I moved the jack out of way and just used the jack stands however thought it might be good for folks to see where I jacked the vehicle... I found the jack locations to be stable to hold the car up along the pinch welds. I also purchased one of the tools to go with my jack that helps you line up with pinch weld so as to not crush it.. Took me about 30 minutes to jack up vehicle and rotate the tires and torque them to correct spec.

Look forward to helping contribute to the forum and hope one of my pics below will help someone else out..
Merged your thread with one of the existing threads on this topic.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts