2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
10K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  itsmejs 
#1 ·
Any ideas what could be causing a noise under my driver-side floorboard? This happens only when I'm turning the steering wheel? It sounds like something is actually hitting the floorboard.

#2 ·
These CUV have a ton of plastic panels under the vehicle for the purpose of lowering drag and improving gas mileage. I suspect that one or more panels either in the wheel well or under the vehicle on that side is loose. Given that it only happens when moving the steering wheel i'm guess in the wheel well of the drivers side.

Get under the car and start wiggling panels.

Happened to my daughters 2017. The most annoying rattle on the passenger side over certain roads.. Sounded like it was coming from the kickpanel or door. Wasn't the door cos I did speaker upgrades and everything was tight. Wasn't interior panels because I checked the all. Turned out to be a plastic panel under the car on that side.

#3 ·
That makes sense as the steering feels fine otherwise. At least it isn't anything serious. Thanks for the help on this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.