2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
I would be less surprised. The "Escape" already exist in two forms, the Escape and Bronco Sport, which doesn't really make business sense. And it sounds like a lot of the old classic "rebranding" talk. The actual products (a compact crossover in this case) will continue with their normal updates, refreshes, a redesigns, but the names will be changed and hyped as the latest, greatest, and newest thing.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Thought the Escape is or was there best seller besides the F-150....That means we have collector items now, especially the gas engines ones...:):):)

·
Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
2,489 Posts
The 2013-2019 Escapes were all part of the C462 chassis family along with the Focus & CMax, so saying the current Bronco is the Escape in a slightly different form isn't really correct since that chassis is intended to be Ford's new base chassis. I think what we're seeing is Ford doing a reality check and picking an entry price point after the whole EcoSport debacle where you got more car for the same money by buying an Escape. As the Escape already exists in HEV & PHEV I can see the death of the other powertrains since Ford is heavily investing in battery production and design.
There have been pictures out of the prototype "Fusion Active" for a bit now.
If they are to be believed it looks like a slightly stretched Escape with a different roof line, so what we may have is this taking the place of the Escape in the price point line up and the Escape dropping to the new entry point for a Ford.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Yeah kill top selling product everywhere else except for American crowd which prefers junk such as Rav4s and CRVs.

·
Registered
615 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Titanium PHEV, Agate Black Metallic
46 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Farley already said Ford has too many SUV’s. Maybe so, but buyers wanting an Escape or Edge may not want a Bronco Sport. I have owned three Escapes and don’t need or want 4 wheel drive for extra money. Farley does not want to sell “commodity vehicles” like Edge or Escape. Many companies make a ton of profit on commodity vehicles and other industries like computers or appliances.

·
Registered
2015 Ford Escape Titanium 2.0 awd
11 Posts

Doesn't surprise me, the 4th gen escapes look like fish bowls and Americans want power. I bet it will be replaced by something all electric that's quick. Ford has the Mach E, which is attracting non-Ford and non-Mustang Lovers. They have 3 more EV's coming, and are sharing the VW ID4 platform and one or two sound like they will be made in Germany.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0l Ecoboost
1,227 Posts
Ford is one of the companies I have invested in... I've not heard anything about the Escape going away. The Ecosport factory in India is getting shut down and there's plans to replace that with a new SUV... another subcompact. The current Escape lends itself more to people attracted to sedans while the Bronco Sport looks and feels more like a "potential" off road vehicle. I see a place for both those vehicles in the Ford line up.

We'll see, I reckon...

Reactions: Gryffindor101

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
This is surprising news to me! What do you think? Could the upcoming rebirth of the Ford Focus SUV be planned to replace the Escape?

I agree with TallTimbers above. i've heard nothing about offing the Escape either except for some vaporware discussions by unreliable sources. However, the games are afoot, once more. How the mfrs react to consumer trends will be head-scratching. How consumers who desperately need a car in today's market move will grab some attention. And won't be long maybe before the banks start their vollyball. In fact, there already is a rising trend in sub-prime auto loans. And then there's Washington...

·
Registered
615 Posts
After almost 2 years of ownership I still believe Escape is a brilliant car for me and my purpose. Still in honeymoon phase with it. The only change I want to see is better frontend and interior materials/dash and keep the price low. Though I am not your average consumer and Ford will follow the trend rather then what a few fans want.

Reactions: JimSmith94

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ford is driving customers (me) away. I do not understand what they are thinking. First cancelling the next ten Edge. I have a 19 Edge and most likely would have replaced it with a new edge in a couple of years but it won't be available. Now the Escape. I have a 20 Escape Titanium that I would probably pass on to my son in a couple of years and will be looking to replace it. I have looked at the Bronco Sport but I do not like that you can't get the 2.0 L in anything below the Badlands and I an not really looking for off road. The Outer Banks would more closely match my needs except cannot get 2.0 L engine and some other options available on the Escape are not available on the Outer Banks.

I am not ready for an EV especially when you see on the west coast there are lines just to get to the charging stations which could take hours. I have been a loyal Ford customer over the years but may now be forced to look elsewhere. I guess Ford is ok with that.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Is your son starting to drive? I have similar dilemma about passing my Escape 2.0 to daughter in a few years but I think it's too much of a car even though it's going to be 4 years old by then. Corolla Cross would be better fit, cheaper, slower, more efficient.

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
6,184 Posts
Now the Escape
There has been nothing confirmed that the Escape is going away. I would wait for the official news before you worry too much about this.

·
Registered
2014 Escape Titanium
259 Posts
I would be less surprised. The "Escape" already exist in two forms, the Escape and Bronco Sport, which doesn't really make business sense. And it sounds like a lot of the old classic "rebranding" talk. The actual products (a compact crossover in this case) will continue with their normal updates, refreshes, a redesigns, but the names will be changed and hyped as the latest, greatest, and newest thing.
I agree. It could be that the "next" Escape will have a different model name. Like the Taurus becoming the Fusion. Then the Taurus name going to what was essentially the 500. Since that name didn't go over well. Or the Mustang Mach-E, to piggyback off the Mustang reputation.

Reactions: Tall Timbers

·
Registered
65 Posts
Is your son starting to drive? I have similar dilemma about passing my Escape 2.0 to daughter in a few years but I think it's too much of a car even though it's going to be 4 years old by then. Corolla Cross would be better fit, cheaper, slower, more efficient.
No, My son is 27. Until recently he did not have a steady job paying a decent salary. Originally we bought him a new Focus as his first car. It was a left over and cost about 14,000. At the time he contributed $5,000 of his money that he saved toward the car. His $5,000 made the cost about the same as buying a used car and he got a new car with a 3 year warranty. After that when we were ready to buy a new car we gave him the car we would be replacing and used his car as the trade in. The last car we gave to him was our 2015 Escape Titanium when we bought our 20 Escape Titanium. The previous car we gave him was a 2010 Fusion that had over 100,000 miles on it when we used it as the trade in. I also bought a 4 year Ford used Premium care ESP for the car as the ESP I already had on the car was expiring so he would be able to keep the car for 4 years and not be concerned about major repairs while he owned.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts