2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I am new to the forum. I was driving home yesterday and my check Engine light came on. I went to a local Pep Boys to have them hook the Escape up to the computer. The diagnostics came back with a DTC P26B7 code which is a fault with the coolant bypass Solenoid. I am bring the car to the dealer on Monday. Should I be concerned with this? Can I still drive the truck. I live in NJ and its very cold here will this effect anything.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
What is your build date?

There is a TSB on this issue, sorry it doesn't answer your safe to drive question but at least it will be a quick look up for the dealer.

TSB 13-02-15 – 2013 Escape – 1.6L GTDI – Service Engine Soon Light – DTC P26B7 – Built On Or Before 2/13/2013
Some 2013 Escape vehicles equipped with a 1.6L Gasoline Turbocharged Direct Injection (GTDI) engine built on or
before 2/13/2013 may exhibit a service engine soon
light on with diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P26B7 stored in
the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) memory. This DTC indicates a fault is present with Coolant Bypass Solenoid C, located at the rear of the engine above the starter/ bell housing, and below the vacuum pump. Follow the service procedure in this TSB to correct the condition.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pep Boys gave me the print out of what you typed. I am just worried that if I should be driving it. It's the yellow check engine light which means it's not critical, but I still worry. I do not know my build date. I bought in March of last year 2013.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Your welcome.
The fastest way to locate your build date is to open the drivers door and you'll find the month and year printed on the door sticker.

The exact day can be found on your electronic window sticker. The suggestion was made to add it to your forum signature some day.

From another thread:

This might be mentioned somewhere:
Just remember the build date isn't the date you see at the bottom of the window sticker that came directly off your vehicle. This is usually the print or publish date of that particular sticker. You'll find your build date on your electronic window sticker.
You can go here: How to Track Ford Factory Car Orders
Or click this LINK then add your VIN after the = sign up in the address bar with no spaces and hit enter.

The build date is the bold number at the bottom right of your electronic window sticker.
Example for mine: 1201308153034
Ignore the first number which is 1, then 2013 is year, 08 is month and 15 is day, ignore the last four.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Your welcome.
The fastest way to locate your build date is to open the drivers door and you'll find the month and year printed on the door sticker.

The exact day can be found on your electronic window sticker. The suggestion was made to add it to your forum signature some day.

From another thread:

This might be mentioned somewhere:
Just remember the build date isn't the date you see at the bottom of the window sticker that came directly off your vehicle. This is usually the print or publish date of that particular sticker. You'll find your build date on your electronic window sticker.
You can go here: How to Track Ford Factory Car Orders
Or click this LINK then add your VIN after the = sign up in the address bar with no spaces and hit enter.

The build date is the bold number at the bottom right of your electronic window sticker.
Example for mine: 1201308153034
Ignore the first number which is 1, then 2013 is year, 08 is month and 15 is day, ignore the last four.
Just a note - my window sticker and electronic sticker are identical. The electronic one looks like a photo of the window one. So the date can be retrieved from the window sticker as well in the same way.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Hi guys I am new to the forum. I was driving home yesterday and my check Engine light came on. I went to a local Pep Boys to have them hook the Escape up to the computer. The diagnostics came back with a DTC P26B7 code which is a fault with the coolant bypass Solenoid. I am bring the car to the dealer on Monday. Should I be concerned with this? Can I still drive the truck. I live in NJ and its very cold here will this effect anything.
Hi Rob - nothing to add about the the check engine light, but wanted to welcome you to the forum.

And though you have more important things on your mind now, when you get a chance, we ask that all members take a quick read of our guidelines (link below). Good luck - hope the issue is solved fast.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Thanks Pep Boys gave me the print out of what you typed. I am just worried that if I should be driving it. It's the yellow check engine light which means it's not critical, but I still worry. I do not know my build date. I bought in March of last year 2013.
The fact that the warning is described as the "Service Engine Soon Light" (emphasis added) suggests that you're probably OK for the weekend. But if I were you, I wouldn't take any long trips, or drive to remote locations, until I'd had the dealer check it out.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
rob316,

I'm happy to assist you with this. Go ahead and make an appointment with your dealer and send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll take a look on my end. :)

Ashley

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update the Check Engine Light is no longer appearing. I am now wondering if I just had bad gas.

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Update the Check Engine Light is no longer appearing. I am now wondering if I just had bad gas.
Just exactly what did you eat before you noticed the "bad gas?" Gosh I am very sorry rob316 - just couldn't resist!:)

·
Registered
875 Posts
Just exactly what did you eat before you noticed the "bad gas?" Gosh I am very sorry rob316 - just couldn't resist!:)
LOL... but it is not a bad question really:laugh:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'd still take it to your dealer if I were you. I'm assuming they'd still see the code until they clear it out. You can also bring your printout with you. Since there's a TSB on it, they'll take care of it for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's back

We'll that was short lived turned on car and now it's back. I am at the dealer right now. On a side note I received the recall letter from Ford.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got this too a couple times, but it went away and hasn't been back in several weeks. I did not notice a difference in performance or engine temp when it was on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We'll that was short lived turned on car and now it's back. I am at the dealer right now. On a side note I received the recall letter from Ford.
Was this resolved under warranty? My wife's car has the same code. It came on and went away about a week ago. It has revisited us and stayed on this time, so I need to have them service it.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Was this resolved under warranty? My wife's car has the same code. It came on and went away about a week ago. It has revisited us and stayed on this time, so I need to have them service it.
Hi RandR10,

I'm Todd, a Ford rep on this forum. What's the year and mileage of your wife's ride?

I'll check out how to best assist.

Todd

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same p26b7 code coming up. We just bought a 2013 two days ago I drove it a whopping 15 miles and now this. It's at the dealers even as I write this.:eek:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts