2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a CPO Ford Escape SE 2017 from a Ford dealership about 3 months ago. Today, I noticed that my driver's side headlamps are not working but the passenger side ones are.

The white LED lights under the headlights are working fine on both sides.

The car is still under CPO warranty. I was just curious if someone has been through this before? What was the issue?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Are both high and low beams not working?

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Yes, that is correct. Both are not working.
Seems strange that low and high beam globes would both blow but it appears they need replacing especially considering the passenger side headlights are ok.

·
Registered
59 Posts
See if you have any DTC error codes. You can get them read at Autozone if you don't have a reader. Don't clear them. This could be a Body Control Module (BCM) issue. As I understand, the headlight relays are integral to the BCM. Failure of a relay on the BCM could definitely cause this. Such a failure may require a BCM replacement (which is around $1000). Your BCM should be covered if you have even a half-way decent warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay I will get it checked for DTC codes. I am in Washington and the closest appointments are more than a month out.

Even my car dash is not showing a message about the headlights being out. My old Ford Fiesta 2011 used to do that.

Do you know if the Ford warranty covers BCM repairs?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So I double checked and it looks like it's only my low beam headlight that burned out.

I am wondering why the car didn't show an error on the dashboard?

Anyone know if it's possible to get these halogens replaced by LEDs by the dealership?

Regarding CPO warranty, my car is still under factory warranty until next year and it will be under CPO warranty the year after that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE: It was just the headlight that was burned out. It sucks that headlights burn out in Fords (at least from my experience) than other brands e.g. Toyotas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.