2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have recently bought a 50,000KM driven UAE (Dubai) Spec Ford Escape S Trim with a 2.5L engine. Absolutely love the car, it had service contract on it which just expired.
I am not having any issues with the car and its doing great. Love the seats, the drive, the comfort it offer. the S trim in UAE has Auto Climate control and other nice features from the upper tier trims.

Except

I am having issues with brakes & little squeaky sound from suspension on speed bumps. Dubai has insanely fast pace roads, casual driving too is at 100Km+ resulting in sudden braking at times.

The brake issue:
Whenever i press brakes very slightly i could feel the rumble strips vibration on my brake paddle. Also when on 20-50km speed when i press the brake paddle, i could feel it engaging and disengaging (press and depress).

My car brakes ask me to press the brake harder than usual and at times i find them a bit lazy as compared to other cars i drive.

The Suspension issue: whenever i pass speed bump, i could hear a squeak from the front suspension assembly, i am suspecting its the control arm bushes (or) possible strut.

Possible remedy: I am thinking to buy new front rotors and new set of front brake pads. will that help? Also will the replacement of control arm helps too?

Some pictures attached of the car. Car was delivered to me at home with balloons filled on the rear seat :D

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
On the brakes it's sounds like you have a warped rotor. Replacing the warped one (or more accurately the front or rear set of rotors) should solve your issue.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,391 Posts
For the squeak I'd soak the control arm bushings with WD40

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,396 Posts
It could be pad material deposited on the brake disc surface. Apparently a common issue that's often misdiagnosed as warped rotors. My wife's car is doing it at the moment, the cheapest DIY option is new pads and rotors. The squeaking could also be the anti roll bar bushes/ end links.

·
Registered
2017,Ford,Escape,2.0L
221 Posts
I find a lot of ceramic pads squeak , I'm currently running carbon/ceramic pads with drilled/slotted rotors and the braking is quiet smooth sharp braking👍👍

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,391 Posts
I've always used true MotorCraft or Akebono without any problems.
The current MotorCraft are made by Brembo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts