2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is much discussion about ESP. I have looked at Flood & Lombard. On Lombard site they mention an inspection must be done on used before esp can be bought & a $99 charge. How do they do this when you are states away.
Inspection Required
All Used Ford ESP plans require an inspection of the vehicle before an application for coverage can be reviewed for acceptance and the coverage become effective.

Also, I saw no mention of this on the Flood website.

Thanks..

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E AWD
5,218 Posts
Usually the best answer to any question about a specific vendor's policies or procedures is gotten by contacting that vendor.

Just sayin' .....

Reactions: Tall Timbers

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Once you are out of warranty then you have to pay for an inspection for the ESP, this is to prevent fraud. If you are still under warranty then you don't need one.

This is why it best when buying used to get a CPO car, it comes with basically the premium care ESP, and while you have it you can extend it without having inspection.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
819 Posts
Found out an interesting thing when I went to get an ESP.
1) You can give them Lombard/Flood Ford's price and they can actually meet it most of the time, this is a pure profit item for the dealer
2) The price the dealer finance guy gives you (especially on the Premium Care) by default includes Lighting, Rental, Remote, etc coverage, they have to actually manually uncheck the option. The policies sold by Lombard and Flood are priced with all "options" unchecked and on the close you can add them back, so price them with everything back in and compare the price with your dealer's if you want a true apples to apples comparison.
3) If you buy the plan on a used car out of warranty from the dealer that sold you the car within 30 days they can waive the inspection fee.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0l Ecoboost
972 Posts
Found out an interesting thing when I went to get an ESP.
1) You can give them Lombard/Flood Ford's price and they can actually meet it most of the time, this is a pure profit item for the dealer
My dealer can't or won't negotiate their price for the ESP. I would have paid them more than my already researched online price by a few hundred dollars just to support the local business but they said they can't lower their price. So either they can't or they won't...

We're a small isolated community with no competition outside of the internet. I talked to my salesman about it after the fact and he said that the larger the dealership the lower they can sell the ESPs for. It's kind of a benefit of moving a lot of vehicles. That was his explanation for why they couldn't dicker on the price with me. Whether there's any truth to that or not, it doesn't really matter on account of I just went with the lowest price I could find online at the time.

·
Registered
2017 Escape SE 2.0
20 Posts
Hi, I have a pricing question about the Ford ESPs. I went to Lombard Ford website and plugged in my current mileage of 48,000 miles and compared the ESP prices at 59,000 miles (before powertrain warranty expires) and the prices at 48,000 miles and 59,000 miles were exactly the same.

I can see no advantage for a ESP powertrain warranty of buying it now vs waiting to just before the original powertrain warranty expires at 59,000 miles. I feel like I am missing something, I would have thought there would be a discount if you bought a powertrain ESP at 48,000 miles vs 59,000 miles...?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts