2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
2,750 Posts
Based on the report of total potential affected vehicles in the US being 500k units and the projected fail rate over 150k miles for the 2020 is 0.38 while the 2021+ is 0.22.
Overall the odds are low considering they've only had 54 reports of under hood fires from all causes, overall its better than the 1.6L oil leak where they had to put a shield on the exhaust side of the head to keep oil off the turbo.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Based on the report of total potential affected vehicles in the US being 500k units and the projected fail rate over 150k miles for the 2020 is 0.38 while the 2021+ is 0.22.
Overall the odds are low considering they've only had 54 reports of under hood fires from all causes, overall its better than the 1.6L oil leak where they had to put a shield on the exhaust side of the head to keep oil off the turbo.
yes I did read deeper into it and it was them working on the crank case vent recall where they found two of the fires attributed to the crank case ventilation problem were actually cracked injectors.

·
Registered
2022 Escape SEL FWD
59 Posts
I just heard about this on the evening National News. I ran my VIN on the Ford recall website and it already showed up. PCM programming and drain tube installation, recall campaign # 22S73. Also, owners to be notified by letter starting December 19.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same here, looked up VIN and recall message showing up. 2nd recall this year. Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed, starting to question my decision purchasing my escape, I mean the car has been good, but these type of sloppy factory mistakes don't instill confidence. Maybe should have gone with Equinox or RAV4?

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape SE AWD
15 Posts
Can you provide links to the information on what you said? If true, I'd like to share it with others so they can have more accurate information. Major and local news outlets won't give out accurate information. I also have a 2020 Escape SE I bought last year that's already at 62k miles. I blew through both warranties sooner than I'd like, so I'm very attentive to any warranty that Ford issues (my AWD module had to be replaced after a failure a few months ago; awaiting to see Ford admit a recall for that just to piss me off lol).

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape SE AWD
15 Posts
I saw this in the NHTSA's website regarding the recall:
FORD MOTOR COMPANY IS WORKING CLOSELY WITH ITS SUPPLIERS TO PRODUCE PARTS FOR THIS REPAIR. WHEN PARTS BECOME AVAILABLE, FORD MOTOR COMPANY WILL NOTIFY YOU VIA MAIL TO SCHEDULE A SERVICE APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR DEALER FOR REPAIRS TO BE COMPLETED FREE OF CHARGE PARTS AND LABOR. PARTS ARE ANTICIPATED TO BE AVAILABLE BY THE END OF 1Q, 2023.
Considering the NHTSA has not issued their own number yet for this recall, I wonder if Ford will issue another update for their fix to the issue. Ford stated on their own website that Vitesco is at fault, so I would think that any cost would come from the manufacturer's pocketbook regardless if 500,000 sets of injectors are replaced or not.

·
Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
2,750 Posts

Repair costs do usually come from the vendor unless there's a major disagreement over who's responsible like the Ford-Firestone fight over the Explorer rollovers in the 1990. Firestone certified the tires for use at a minimum pressure of 30 psi, Ford dropped the pressure to 26 psi for ride quality, add some production issues at the plant and you have a lot of finger pointing.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape SE AWD
15 Posts

Repair costs do usually come from the vendor unless there's a major disagreement over who's responsible like the Ford-Firestone fight over the Explorer rollovers in the 1990. Firestone certified the tires for use at a minimum pressure of 30 psi, Ford dropped the pressure to 26 psi for ride quality, add some production issues at the plant and you have a lot of finger pointing.
Thank you. Yeah, I remember the Firestone tire issue. I was only a little kid but do remember seeing it on the news almost everyday. I also remember the cruise control recall with the Explorers (which prompted my folks to just upgrade to an Expedition a couple years later). I was also a member of the heavily recalled 3G Focus (2014 SE for me). Ford recalls just have a special way of elevating my heart rate and blood pressure. lol

·
Registered
105 Posts

it was not the 26psi Ford recommended, it was people not keeping up on the pressure in their tires that was the main cause. it is why we have mandatory TPMS in vehicles now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Unbelievable
Not if you know FORD's history. Actually very believable for them. I had a 5.4L 06 F150, so not sure what I was expecting differently, but not at all surprised. I wish FORD owners would unite the same way gamers do for PC building - because multiple times manufactures have been called out and burned if they didn't fix an issue out right. FORD is on a bullet train, and near impossible to stop. Plus, most people just simply have no idea and when a dealer tells them "it's fixed" they break out the credit card and say "thank you".

1 - 20 of 28 Posts