2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone installed a Ford Raptor Style grill and it looks sick !!! It is not an official Ford product and is made in China but from what
it looks, it looks like from factory. It also comes in painted gray according to the owner and she had it color match her car, which is black. I am now contemplating of getting it cuz it really looks good. What do you guys think?

CTTO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
That's pretty slick - I like it!

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Kinda weird that it says 2016-2017... I don't see how it'd fit a 2016.

·
Registered
208 Posts
OK - so now we need our photoshop experts to start photoshopping these on each color of '17 Escape - LOL.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Someone installed a Ford Raptor Style grill and it looks sick !!! It is not an official Ford product and is made in China but from what
it looks, it looks like from factory. It also comes in painted gray according to the owner and she had it color match her car, which is black. I am now contemplating of getting it cuz it really looks good. What do you guys think?

CTTO

This does look pretty sweet. I've always liked the Raptor and the grill was probably the biggest reason why. I wonder if this hinders any of the venting that goes on in the grill area. Am I correct in thinking that there are vents in (or behind) the grill that open and close?

It looks really nice on that FE since it's black. I wonder if it will look good on a silver FE and what color if any to paint it.

Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
710 Posts
OK - so now we need our photoshop experts to start photoshopping these on each color of '17 Escape - LOL.
Ha, I had just posted something about wondering how it looks on a silver FE. This is a good idea if someone has that skill.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
And in the description is says: "The LED Accents include a wiring harness that simply splices into your Ford Edge's existing factory headlight harness. The LEDs will automatically activated in conjunction with your Ford Edge's running lights."

It doesn't appear that it would fit the 2013-2016...**** shame.

I sent the seller a message asking him/her to clarify.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Kinda weird that it says 2016-2017... I don't see how it'd fit a 2016.
And in the description is says: "The LED Accents include a wiring harness that simply splices into your Ford Edge's existing factory headlight harness. The LEDs will automatically activated in conjunction with your Ford Edge's running lights."

It doesn't appear that it would fit the 2013-2016...**** shame.
Most eBay auctions that are from China have typos or other things that don't seem to make sense. Most of this is attributed to either the language barrier/translation sotware or the fact that they probably have so many products they copy and paste a lot and don't catch all of tye changes they need to make for the new product. At least that's what I've notice in most of the eBay items I've ever looked at.

In the compatibility section, when you choose the 2017 Ford Escape it will tell you "This part is not compatible with 2017 Ford Escape." but obviously it should since the picture of the vehicle in the listing is of a 2017 FE. This is probably one of the copy and paste or template issues that I was talking about. But yes, I don't think this will fit a 2016 since the grill is different.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
'17 Raptor Grille - LOOKS AWESOME

Hey all,

Did a lite review of the '17 Raptor Grille on Amazon and eBay for '17 FE's...

I know some of us have seen some of this already, but a guy named Vincent on the Ford Kuga UK Owner's group posted pics of his install today and it is just so awesome.

I'm calling it a LITE review as I'm not in the position to give more details other than pricing as my FE is a '13! Wish I had a '17 to show it though!.. and to do the install myself!

Here's the video with links to Amazon or eBay in the description on YouTube :)

Thanks and hope you like it if you're interested!

-Rahrena

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For those who have white 17 Escapes, this will how it will look like. I think it really looks better on darker Escapes

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
For those who have white 17 Escapes, this will how it will look like. I think it really looks better on darker Escapes ....
Agree with that. IMHO the black-on-black in the first post is too 'stealthy', I like a bit of contrast. I think my favorite combo for this would be the lightning blue with dark-grey (charcoal?) grill matching the side trim (other dark front trim bits coated to match of course).

Having said that, it would be interesting to see a white-on-white gloss body-color match .... that might 'work' (?)

I do like this grille more each time I revisit this thread .... cool option for lucky '17 owners.

Unfortunately, even if offered I don't think it would 'work' with the larger '13-'16 grille (yes, a tinge of envy) :crying:

;)

·
Registered
710 Posts
For those who have white 17 Escapes, this will how it will look like. I think it really looks better on darker Escapes

Did you photoshop this, or is this an actual picture of a white FE with the grill on? I would love to order this but not knowing how it will look before I make the purchase is really freaking me out.

Also, anyone know how the little LEDs on the grill connect to the FE? hopefully it is not a real technical thing because that would sort of deter me since I don't want to mess with the warranty or anything like that.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Agree with that. IMHO the black-on-black in the first post is too 'stealthy', I like a bit of contrast. I think my favorite combo for this would be the lightning blue with dark-grey (charcoal?) grill matching the side trim (other dark front trim bits coated to match of course).

Having said that, it would be interesting to see a white-on-white gloss body-color match .... that might 'work' (?)

I do like this grille more each time I revisit this thread .... cool option for lucky '17 owners.

Unfortunately, even if offered I don't think it would 'work' with the larger '13-'16 grille (yes, a tinge of envy) :crying:

;)
According to the description on Amazon, it states the charcoal color is to match the factory trim. I'm going to have to look at my Escape while holding the phone out in front and try to picture this on the FE.

On a side note, you can get the grill on Amazon w'instillation for a measly $650 more!

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
.... Also, anyone know how the little LEDs on the grill connect to the FE? hopefully it is not a real technical thing because that would sort of deter me since I don't want to mess with the warranty or anything like that.
With any mod, your warranty is in jeopardy only to the extent that the mod is attributable to causing the specific problem that would otherwise be covered by the warranty (Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act in the US; may be different in Canada).

IMHO with low-current LEDs, a simple tap to the incandescent parking-lamp circuit would be a very low-risk mod.

·
Registered
208 Posts

;)
I think any '17 FE with the sport trim would look nice with this grill. I also agree that the grill on the completely blacked out black color is "ok" - I'm starting to think it might look good on my ruby red too - there is a little black trim on the front....hmmm....gonna have to seek out a photoshopper...

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
.... I'm starting to think it might look good on my ruby red too - there is a little black trim on the front....hmmm....gonna have to seek out a photoshopper...
Yepper, that'd likely look sharp with your red, but of course take care of that lowest silver crossbar in the process (IMHO best as body-match to 'close' the bottom of the front; making that dark would give an 'over-bite / gap-tooth' appearance since it would get 'lost') !

:D

Lol, I'm reminded of the "Too many notes" scene in the movie Amadeus .... it's a delicate balance, the number of different colors on a car

;)

·
Registered
710 Posts
Yepper, that'd likely look sharp with your red, but of course take care of that lowest silver crossbar in the process (IMHO best as body-match to 'close' the bottom of the front; making that dark would give an 'over-bite / gap-tooth' appearance since it would get 'lost') !

:D

Lol, I'm reminded of the "Too many notes" scene in the movie Amadeus .... it's a delicate balance, the number of different colors on a car

;)
That's the beauty of the Ingot Silver Escape, the silver at the bottom of the front and rear look pretty darn close to the color of the car and don't stand out. Not exactly the same but close enough to not have to think about painting it like some have done.

1 - 20 of 255 Posts
About this Discussion
254 Replies
51 Participants
Nunuzor26
2013+ Ford Escape Forum
On Ford Escape Forum discover news, discussions, service tips, & technical help for your 2013+ Escape.
Full Forum Listing