2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

Ford Raptor Style Grill

301K views 272 replies 57 participants last post by  Ken Curtis 
#1 ·
Someone installed a Ford Raptor Style grill and it looks sick !!! It is not an official Ford product and is made in China but from what
it looks, it looks like from factory. It also comes in painted gray according to the owner and she had it color match her car, which is black. I am now contemplating of getting it cuz it really looks good. What do you guys think?

CTTO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#5 ·
Kinda weird that it says 2016-2017... I don't see how it'd fit a 2016.

#10 ·
And in the description is says: "The LED Accents include a wiring harness that simply splices into your Ford Edge's existing factory headlight harness. The LEDs will automatically activated in conjunction with your Ford Edge's running lights."

It doesn't appear that it would fit the 2013-2016...**** shame.
Most eBay auctions that are from China have typos or other things that don't seem to make sense. Most of this is attributed to either the language barrier/translation sotware or the fact that they probably have so many products they copy and paste a lot and don't catch all of tye changes they need to make for the new product. At least that's what I've notice in most of the eBay items I've ever looked at.

In the compatibility section, when you choose the 2017 Ford Escape it will tell you "This part is not compatible with 2017 Ford Escape." but obviously it should since the picture of the vehicle in the listing is of a 2017 FE. This is probably one of the copy and paste or template issues that I was talking about. But yes, I don't think this will fit a 2016 since the grill is different.

#6 ·
OK - so now we need our photoshop experts to start photoshopping these on each color of '17 Escape - LOL.

#7 ·
Someone installed a Ford Raptor Style grill and it looks sick !!! It is not an official Ford product and is made in China but from what
it looks, it looks like from factory. It also comes in painted gray according to the owner and she had it color match her car, which is black. I am now contemplating of getting it cuz it really looks good. What do you guys think?

CTTO

This does look pretty sweet. I've always liked the Raptor and the grill was probably the biggest reason why. I wonder if this hinders any of the venting that goes on in the grill area. Am I correct in thinking that there are vents in (or behind) the grill that open and close?

It looks really nice on that FE since it's black. I wonder if it will look good on a silver FE and what color if any to paint it.

Thanks for the link.

#9 ·
And in the description is says: "The LED Accents include a wiring harness that simply splices into your Ford Edge's existing factory headlight harness. The LEDs will automatically activated in conjunction with your Ford Edge's running lights."

I sent the seller a message asking him/her to clarify.

#136 ·

I sent the seller a message asking him/her to clarify.
Please post what you find out. Thanks,

#12 ·
'17 Raptor Grille - LOOKS AWESOME

Hey all,

Did a lite review of the '17 Raptor Grille on Amazon and eBay for '17 FE's...

I know some of us have seen some of this already, but a guy named Vincent on the Ford Kuga UK Owner's group posted pics of his install today and it is just so awesome.

I'm calling it a LITE review as I'm not in the position to give more details other than pricing as my FE is a '13! Wish I had a '17 to show it though!.. and to do the install myself!

Here's the video with links to Amazon or eBay in the description on YouTube :)

Thanks and hope you like it if you're interested!

-Rahrena

#13 ·
For those who have white 17 Escapes, this will how it will look like. I think it really looks better on darker Escapes

#14 ·
For those who have white 17 Escapes, this will how it will look like. I think it really looks better on darker Escapes ....
Agree with that. IMHO the black-on-black in the first post is too 'stealthy', I like a bit of contrast. I think my favorite combo for this would be the lightning blue with dark-grey (charcoal?) grill matching the side trim (other dark front trim bits coated to match of course).

Having said that, it would be interesting to see a white-on-white gloss body-color match .... that might 'work' (?)

I do like this grille more each time I revisit this thread .... cool option for lucky '17 owners.

Unfortunately, even if offered I don't think it would 'work' with the larger '13-'16 grille (yes, a tinge of envy) :crying:

;)

Reactions: rahrena8690
#26 ·
That is HOT !!! The grill is perfect. It finishes off the car sharp. I'm really getting on the fence about getting it...getting closer. But, amazingkarma, would you do one in Magnetic Metallic (gray) pls lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#28 ·
Hey - if you get it - can you please do a detailed write-up on the installation process? I HIGHLY doubt it'll take only an hour...like the eBay ad states. I'm assuming the original one comes out and this one goes in its place - but won't the bumper have to come off? I'm having nightmares of having to take off the bumper from my 2008 Malibu to replace headlight bulbs.......

#27 ·
Debating on whether I can sneak it onto my wife's Magnetic Grey 2017 without her noticing, lol. Actually I kind of like the original grille because I always admired the Edge's grille. Now if it were all black, like in the first post, I'd be all over it and just black out the entire vehicle.

#29 ·
Right - I'm beginning to like it on the black - but again, I think any of the FEs with the sport trim would go well with this grill. Non-sport trim...still debating...

#36 ·
Every bit as good as photoshop (minus a few filters and a few other high-end features) but free. Been using it for years.

https://www.getpaint.net/

#37 ·
I like it, but I prefer the standard honeycomb grille.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152542660628

2017 Escape Titanium 2.0L 4WD - White Platinum - Sport Appearance Package

300A/Navigation/Panoramic Vista Sunroof/Adaptive Cruise Control/Remote Start/Backup Camera/All-Weather floor mats

#39 ·
Not affected at all as the air will still pass thru

#41 ·
Do it! Do it! Do it!! We totally need a write up on the install too!

#42 ·
Has anyone else placed an order yet? I really hate to be the guinea pig with a new vehicle and a new product, But I do think it would look very good on the canyon ridge colored escape.

#44 ·
Don't think anyone has placed an order yet. I still need to install the sharkfin antenna I had ordered, eventually order and install the spoiler I want to add, and then look into getting this. I can't be stock piling items to add to the FE and then never put them on or the wife will be furious.

I do love the Raptor grill on the actual Raptor very much but I would need to see a very good photoshop version of the silver Escape with that grill before I can pull the trigger on it.

Good lord this is going to look SICK with the rest of my sport appearance package!! :eek: :) Thank you so much OP, I've been looking for some kind of payback on the wife for sending my brand new car to the body shop and this will fit the bill perfectly lol. Maybe some matte black winglets for the rear too...
I was thinking that this grill would be perfect if I had the Sport Package. I think that is what it would look best with since it has all of the black trim on it.

Reactions: roadshow
#43 ·
Good lord this is going to look SICK with the rest of my sport appearance package!! :eek: :) Thank you so much OP, I've been looking for some kind of payback on the wife for sending my brand new car to the body shop and this will fit the bill perfectly lol. Maybe some matte black winglets for the rear too...

#46 ·
Debating on whether I can get this on my wife's car, then switch the cars around in the garage so she "accidentally" takes mine to work instead of hers. She doesn't pay too much attention to detail...hmmm. I'd feel kinda bad if she wandered around the parking garage for an hour looking for her car.

I can hear it now;

RIIIING, RIIIING, RIIIING,

"Hi, sweetie"

"Hey babe. I can't find my car. Do you think someone stole it?"

"Hmmm, do you see a red one that sorta looks like yours?"

"Yes."

"Ok, gimme a second (mouse clicking in background) Ok sweetie, go ahead and use your keys and drive the red one"

"What do you mean? It won't work."

"Of course it will sweetie. I'm in IT. I can do anything."

LOL

#47 ·
Debating on whether I can get this on my wife's car, then switch the cars around in the garage so she "accidentally" takes mine to work instead of hers. She doesn't pay too much attention to detail...hmmm. I'd feel kinda bad if she wandered around the parking garage for an hour looking for her car.

I can hear it now;

RIIIING, RIIIING, RIIIING,

"Hi, sweetie"

"Hey babe. I can't find my car. Do you think someone stole it?"

"Hmmm, do you see a red one that sorta looks like yours?"

"Yes."

"Ok, gimme a second (mouse clicking in background) Ok sweetie, go ahead and use your keys and drive the red one"

"What do you mean? It won't work."

"Of course it will sweetie. I'm in IT. I can do anything."

LOL

My wife, on the other hand, gave me full access in whatever I want to do with my car. She just bats an eyelash when I showed her the Raptor grill lol.

Still debating ....

#49 ·
I think I am going to get this but before I do I am going to remove the current grill to see what the process will be and to verify that nothing on the stock grill attaches to the active shutters directly behind it. If everything seems to check out I will buy this within the next month or so and have it color matched by a local body shop so it doesn't have the cheap plastic look. First on my list is installing an Aeroforce Interceptor single guage. Each day I look at the forum my planned modifications list grows, haha.

#50 ·
The active grill shutters are below it so it should not be affected. The shroud of the Raptor grill doesnt extend to the full fascia.

Here you can see the fromt bumpers taken off and the grill shutters are down below it

#55 ·
So I cooled my head after my initial "OMG I NERD THIS!" reaction and I'm starting to feel like I may pass after all. Just doesn't feel appropriate to "bling" out this car. People mod trucks, jeeps, sports cars but CUV's... not really.
Judging by the reactions of people I've run this concept by so far I get a pretty strong feeling I'm going to get more smirks and snickers than thumbs up. If there was 400+ horsepower under the hood yeah I could definitely pull it off but that's not the case.

#56 ·
If there was 400+ horsepower under the hood yeah I could definitely pull it off but that's not the case.
Get to work, hehehehehe. No better reason to get 400HP under the hood than to buy the grille, right? ;)

Besides, I do my mods for me, not for the haters. Haters are always going to hate. I painted my engine cover for me. :D I'd buy this grille in a second if I had a '17.

#58 ·
Seriously...do mods cuz YOU like them. I washed my car today and noticed a tiny rock chip in the "chrome." I'm thinking of getting this to eliminate that problem lol.

#59 ·
So, after some thought, and chatting with friends, I am fairly certain I'm gonna do this mod. However, it's going to take a month or two...as a teacher, I haven't gotten a paycheck since mid-June...lol...so, money for mods is tight right now. I'll be sure to do an install write up and share that with you if no one's done it yet at that point :)

#60 ·
A write up will be much appreciated. I'm fairly certain I will be doing this too, even though the wife's response when I explained (didn't show her any pictures) was "nope". She can do whatever she wants to the FIAT, the FE is mine to mod. The only thing holding me back right now is waiting to see if it is real difficult to do, needing to see a mock up of a Silver Escape with the grill, and the fact that I still need to install my sharkfin antenna that's still sitting in it's box inside the garage. Not to mention I wanted to add the spoiler after the sharkfin antenna.

I'm going to try and hit up my people I know that might be Photoshop inclined and see if they can help with the mock up. I will post it here if I do end up getting one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.