2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using FordPass App on my iPhone X and my Apple Watch for a while and now for some reason I cannot get it to work on my Apple Watch. I have deleted the App on both my iPhone and Watch and then reinstalled. It still will not work on the watch. When I try to use it on the watch, I get the following display on the Watch:

Tapping Refresh does nothing. This happens on my iPhone and watch and on my wife’s iPhone and Watch.
Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
2020 escape SEL 1.5 AWD
98 Posts
the problem I have is the inability to lock/unlock/start my car from the watch. When I tap and hold on the icons, the blue circle fills up about 25% and I get the refresh screen.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the problem I have is the inability to lock/unlock/start my car from the watch. When I tap and hold on the icons, the blue circle fills up about 25% and I get the refresh screen.
When mine was working I could start it with no problem. Now the only screen I get is the "Refresh" which does nothing.

·
Registered
2020 escape SEL 1.5 AWD
98 Posts
When mine was working I could start it with no problem. Now the only screen I get is the "Refresh" which does nothing.
Yea I get so annoyed. I wish I could just say hey Siri start my car.

·
Registered
59 Posts
just double checking op you updated it? maybe the ios app is not updated with fordpass on iwatch? sometimes there are different versions and things can get finicky and not work as the should. have you looked elsewhere online? i know there was a security fix for apple ios just very recently. things get screwy with apple updates and i tend to sometimes not update for fear of battery drain,apps not working, etc.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape Titanium/AWD
168 Posts
Just as an update, my Watch app does almost the same thing. It tells me to authorize my vehicle on my phone (it is) and then goes back to refresh screen.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just as an update, my Watch app does almost the same thing. It tells me to authorize my vehicle on my phone (it is) and then goes back to refresh screen.
An update for the FordPass was released today which fixed my Apple Watch app problem. The Apple Watch app took about 15 seconds to reset and revert to a usable app with the control buttons.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks line Ford is pulling the App. Mine just disappeared of my watch after last update.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium - The Dark Knight
155 Posts
Only way to use the watch right now to interact with the car is to use the Hey Siri shortcuts that can be found and installed from the Ford Escape reddit thread.

NefCanuck

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fordpass got updated a few days ago to 3.30.0 and claimed it would now work with the Apple Watch. It does not work for me.I downloaded the new app and updated my watch. Now when I select FordPass on the watch get a screen message to "connect Apple Watch to my phone.

So I guess it has not been fixed.
Watch Hand Arm Communication Device Portable communications device

Watch Hand Arm Communication Device Portable communications device

1 - 14 of 14 Posts