2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I just noticed a few days ago that my FordPass on my Samsung smartphone quit working. I've had my 2019 Escape for just one year (June 14th). I haven't been back to the dealer since I bought it, because I've been handling oil changes and maintenance issues myself. Does anyone know if FordPass is disabled after a year? Does this become a 'pay' item at this point?

Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, free for life if I recall.
thank you for the reply - I just tried a uninstall / re-install, still no luck. I can live without this app, but it was kind of handy once in awhile. My phone is a few years old right now, but I would think if it downloads and installs it should work?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
thank you for the reply - I just tried a uninstall / re-install, still no luck. I can live without this app, but it was kind of handy once in awhile. My phone is a few years old right now, but I would think if it downloads and installs it should work?
May be an app thing? The latest iOS one, for me anyway, crashes a lot. Really annoying for the rare time I want to use it.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Escape Trend 2L, Ruby red,Technology pack, SatNav, dashcam etc.
902 Posts
If you haven't already done so try un-installing your phone from the sync and do a sync master reset before re-installing the phone with the FordPass app again.
That worked for someone else here recently who had a similar problem.

·
Registered
267 Posts
May be an app thing? The latest iOS one, for me anyway, crashes a lot. Really annoying for the rare time I want to use it.
It also crashes a lot on my iPhone as well. I'd hope an update is coming soon. Very annoying.

·
Registered
326 Posts
It also crashes a lot on my iPhone as well. I'd hope an update is coming soon. Very annoying.
I've had no trouble with mine: iPhone 6S/ ATT&T. I just did the Sync 3 update on my FE from the prompts and links on the FordPass app/ iPhone Hotspot- no hiccups. Maybe a FordPass update has been done, there is a new "skin" on the home page since I last used the app. I rarely use it: mostly in the winter to start the car if it's outside, and I do use the "find my car" feature sometimes when parking- much simpler and faster than Apple or Google maps.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Strange. I hardly ever use the FordPass app and just tried it on my Android and it crashes too. They may have pushed a bad update.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I saw you still are having no joy with your Ford Pass App. Try here and scroll down.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium - The Dark Knight
51 Posts
My Fordpass is giving me so many issues, it's almost a subscription worth :(

When it works, it works fine, but when it "loses its mind I have the following random issues:
  • Randomly logs out
  • Randomly loses my preferred dealer setting
  • Randomly thinks my car is so far from where I am that I would need a taxi to get to it and won't find the car even with a refresh
  • Randomly the Apple Watch app thinks I need to log in on the phone
Using an iPhone XS Max on a 2020 FEH, everything updated as far as I can tell (SYNC, iPhone, iWatch)

Any suggestions?

NefCanuck

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
My Fordpass is giving me so many issues, it's almost a subscription worth :(

When it works, it works fine, but when it "loses its mind I have the following random issues:
  • Randomly logs out
  • Randomly loses my preferred dealer setting
  • Randomly thinks my car is so far from where I am that I would need a taxi to get to it and won't find the car even with a refresh
  • Randomly the Apple Watch app thinks I need to log in on the phone
Using an iPhone XS Max on a 2020 FEH, everything updated as far as I can tell (SYNC, iPhone, iWatch)

Any suggestions?

NefCanuck
Only thing I can think of is uninstall and reinstall the app.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had to delete the data associated with the app. Uninstall the app. Turn off the phone. Turn on the phone. reinstall the app. Re-add my credentials and it's now working again. I have an Android.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium - The Dark Knight
51 Posts
I had to delete the data associated with the app. Uninstall the app. Turn off the phone. Turn on the phone. reinstall the app. Re-add my credentials and it's now working again.
Is your phone an iPhone? I'm not sure where the user data would be (and if I even have access to it, thanks Apple :unsure:)

NefCanuck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts