2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 White/Gold Titanium 2.0 AWD
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a message from FordPass on the app telling me that they had some trouble and it was resolved. It suggested that I update the app. After updating I now have the oil life gauge back. It is under Vehicle/Status.
It's a nice feature. I only need it to tell me when I hit about 50%. That's when it time to do an oil change. (about 5000 miles, all synthetic). I can't believe that Ford recommends synthetic blend and 10,000 mile changes. I do about 10,000 miles a year so it's no big deal to change 2x yearly

·
Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,835 Posts
LOL.... Ever look at what a dealer or the oil change places charge for full synthetic?
I can pick up 5 qts of Pennzoil full synthetic for $2 more than MotorCraft synthetic blend at WalMart, the oil change places usually bump the cost $20-$30 for this (nothing like a nice profit margin).

·
Registered
2017 White/Gold Titanium 2.0 AWD
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In 2007 my mother stopped driving (blind) and gave me her 1998 Ford Contour Sport V6 spoiler with 8,000 miles on it. I found receipts for oil changes from Firestone in the glove box for full synthetic that she had changed every 3 months for the 9 years she had the car. The bill for the change was about $175 X36 changes=$6300 in oil changes. At that rate you can have the engine changed and forget the oil changes. I also found a bill for 4 new tires that were replaced in 1999when the car was 1 year old. They charged her $1000 for the Chineseium never heard of the brand tires. I guess someone in the Firestone store needed 4 new Firestone FireHawk tires that were original equipment on the Contour. This is a game played in Florida to screw the seniors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts