2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017,Ford,Escape,2.0L
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been looking over forum and haven't been able to find solid answers as to if climate controls can be enabled on a 2017 escape se with sync 3 nav screen? If it can what are the changes needed?

·
Registered
2017 Escape Titanium / 2021 Ford Bronco Sport OB+
64 Posts
it is definitely in the thread, though not discussed in depth. Its a huge thread and easily missed.
The ability to enable the functions are found in central configuration in the APIM. I cannot remember all of them off the top of my head. But be warned, not all of the functions work properly, and thus likely why it was disabled in the first place. Basic functions do work though, but things like heated seats, steering wheel do not work and a few other quirks are present (I think AC was inversed? off means on, etc)
Good luck!

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
819 Posts
The 2016 was the last year for the Escape having climate controls in Sync 3.
If you go to the ForScan forum there are discussions about putting them back on the Focus which is part of the same chassis family as the Escape/Kuga.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
The 2016 was the last year for the Escape having climate controls in Sync 3.
If you go to the ForScan forum there are discussions about putting them back on the Focus which is part of the same chassis family as the Escape/Kuga.
There is another post somewhere on these forums about enabling climate control on sync with forscan not being entirely successful.
Apparently some settings were reversed on the screen and it was difficult to negotiate.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
819 Posts
In ForScan you have to select LH or RH drive otherwise the L/R sides are reversed, the AC Off/On in the climate screen works the opposite of what it should but the other controls work correctly.

·
Registered
2017,Ford,Escape,2.0L
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so I got into it today and was able to easily change and add a few things. I started with climate controls everything works great after testing except AC is backwards but AC max is perfect no biggie that is the only flaw. I also disabled Start/Stop which is great and also changed splash screen, other then that there really is not much else to do.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts