2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tonight I finally decided to download ForScan and play around with the settings.. I was able to Enable Global Open/close.. yea.. and set the Fogs to stay on with the high beams.

I also want to increase the Intelligent turn signal time from 3 to 5 and I see videos of how to do that but I dont see the SCCM module to make the change in my list.. I see the guy on youtube has a OBDII reader with a switch from high speed to medium/slow speed reading.. Mine doesn't have that switch and not sure if its an auto switcher.. I bought it about 2 years ago and its basically a no name one I found on here(I think) Anyone else been able to get to that setting?

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E AWD
5,218 Posts
IF your switch-less interface device looks like the one in this article, the procedure described therein may work to add MS capability - I modded a cheap clone ELM327 USB device per those instructions years ago and it works great with FORScan on both busses, read and write (everything my 'modern autoswitch' OBDLink BT interface device supports). I actually prefer using the old switch-modded USB device for most of my FORScan playing.

I don't recall seeing any Steering Column Control Module programming options available for the Escape using FORScan, but admit I wasn't really looking for it. Was the YouTube you are mentioning specific to the Escape? Got a link?

If I have a chance I'll plug it all in and take a look tomorrow (though I've no interest in testing/tinkering with that setting).

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The video I found is for a Fusion.. I also saw someone who did the same thing on his Explorer..

I made some changes to my settings for the obdII reader but havent tried it on the Escape yet:

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E AWD
5,218 Posts
@xr4tiboi -

I watched the YouTube you linked, then took my laptop PC out to the Escape ....

I'm running FORScan 2.3.15 beta; (vehicle info in my sig block)

First - without the extended license I connected using both my 'switched' clone ELM327 interface and my OBDLink BT.

Then - I renewed & loaded my extended license and again connected using both interface devices.

In all cases the SCCM does not appear on the list of either HS or MS connected modules, nor does it show up on the list of modules under the "Configuration and Programming" menu.

So, either I'm doing something wrong (always possible) or for whatever reason FORScan 2.3.15 does not access that module on the 2014 Escape (the Model Year I tested, likely the same for all '13-'16).

I'm confident that both of my OBD devices provide full HS and MS support for FORScan - both reported the same lists of HS and MS modules on all tabs in FORScan.

All FWIW, hope that helps even though not the answer you were hoping for.

PS - when connected, look at the "Modules" tab under "Vehicle and interface information" to see the list of connected modules sorted by HS/MS bus - if you don't see any MS, then probably safe to assume your interface isn't supporting MS connection / data transfer.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help!.. I also plugged into my F-150 and didn't see the info either..so it may be the OBDII reader I have.. shrug.. I was able to make a change or two on the F-150 that was fun..haha..

Thanks again for trying appreciate you taking the time!

@xr4tiboi -

I watched the YouTube you linked, then took my laptop PC out to the Escape ....

I'm running FORScan 2.3.15 beta; (vehicle info in my sig block)

First - without the extended license I connected using both my 'switched' clone ELM327 interface and my OBDLink BT.

Then - I renewed & loaded my extended license and again connected using both interface devices.

In all cases the SCCM does not appear on the list of either HS or MS connected modules, nor does it show up on the list of modules under the "Configuration and Programming" menu.

So, either I'm doing something wrong (always possible) or for whatever reason FORScan 2.3.15 does not access that module on the 2014 Escape (the Model Year I tested, likely the same for all '13-'16).

I'm confident that both of my OBD devices provide full HS and MS support for FORScan - both reported the same lists of HS and MS modules on all tabs in FORScan.

All FWIW, hope that helps even though not the answer you were hoping for.

PS - when connected, look at the "Modules" tab under "Vehicle and interface information" to see the list of connected modules sorted by HS/MS bus - if you don't see any MS, then probably safe to assume your interface isn't supporting MS connection / data transfer.

·
Registered
274 Posts
simple forscan mod tutorial

Ive been reading a little about the forscan mods and honestly am kinda overwhelmed at the amount of info and topics. In my case, have a 2016 SE. Would like to perform the Bambi mod, global window opening, and learn how to reset the battery monitor system when it comes time to replace the battery in the future. Does anyone have or have already posted a simple DIY how to on just these more popular mods? Thanks. I do have the "lite" app and am going to order an OBD to USB adapter with a CAN switch.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ive been reading a little about the forscan mods and honestly am kinda overwhelmed at the amount of info and topics. In my case, have a 2016 SE. Would like to perform the Bambi mod, global window opening, and learn how to reset the battery monitor system when it comes time to replace the battery in the future. Does anyone have or have already posted a simple DIY how to on just these more popular mods? Thanks. I do have the "lite" app and am going to order an OBD to USB adapter with a CAN switch.
Trashhauler has put together a simple tutorial and posted it on google docs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OHaBAxllW1yYgEAEKmGTh28Z6iro6BU0/view

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,520 Posts
I merged your thread with this existing thread on Forscan for 2013-2016 Escapes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
--SNIP--
I did enable the heated seats on the touch screen, however changing the heated seats temperature doesn’t seem to change the icon on the touch screen. May revisit this part of the APIM to see if there is another setting that will enable the heated seat icons to change with the controls.

--SNIP--
Because I'm an idiot I bricked my APIM & the replacement APIM I got came out of a Lincoln. In the process of changing the colors/splash screen I too enabled the heated seat icons & they did not work. This is on a 2016 Escape Ti.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great forum & thanks!

Just wanted to post a positive story. I have an 2016 Escape with Sync 3 v1.0 purchased new in Aug of 2015. The dealer told me & I heard through other official Ford channels that there would be an upgrade to allow Apple Car Play/Android Auto. Well 3 years later better late than never, right. Of course I bricked my APIM during the upgrade process because the vehicle just shut off. At that time I did not know there was some kind of "idle timer" I suppose it is a "smart" feature but you can bet I had some very unkind, not family friendly words to say about Ford at that moment. After much gnashing of teeth, I decided to get an aftermarket APIM. It came out of an 2017 Lincoln MKC. I (& more importantly, my wife) were happy that the radio was back working, but those Lincoln colors were driving my crazy. I became aware of this forum & Forscan as a potential solution. I was hesitant to try another "do-it-yourself" software attempt after the results of my initial foray but my OCD got the better of me. Needless to say I am quite pleased with & actually surprised at how easy it was to change those settings back to "Classic Ford".

Now I still want that new version of sync 'cause Waze is the bomb so if anybody has any experience on upgrading the Sync 3 software without bricking your radio, I would be most appreciative. :)

For anybody that wants it: here are the codes for changing the color scheme of the radio. Go into APIM - AS BUILT

7D0-03-01 xxxx x*xx xxxx Visual Design Variants: 0=Ford Classic, 1=Ford Timeless, 2=Lincoln Timeless, 3=Lincoln Next, 4=Ford New Blue GT (must also set 7D0-02-01 xxxx xDxx xxxx)

7D0-01-02 *xxx xxxx xxxx Brand: 0=Ford, 8=Lincoln, C=Configurable Splash Screen

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Just wanted to post a positive story. I have an 2016 Escape with Sync 3 v1.0 purchased new in Aug of 2015. The dealer told me & I heard through other official Ford channels that there would be an upgrade to allow Apple Car Play/Android Auto. Well 3 years later better late than never, right. Of course I bricked my APIM during the upgrade process because the vehicle just shut off. At that time I did not know there was some kind of "idle timer" I suppose it is a "smart" feature but you can bet I had some very unkind, not family friendly words to say about Ford at that moment. After much gnashing of teeth, I decided to get an aftermarket APIM. It came out of an 2017 Lincoln MKC. I (& more importantly, my wife) were happy that the radio was back working, but those Lincoln colors were driving my crazy. I became aware of this forum & Forscan as a potential solution. I was hesitant to try another "do-it-yourself" software attempt after the results of my initial foray but my OCD got the better of me. Needless to say I am quite pleased with & actually surprised at how easy it was to change those settings back to "Classic Ford".

Now I still want that new version of sync 'cause Waze is the bomb so if anybody has any experience on upgrading the Sync 3 software without bricking your radio, I would be most appreciative. :)

For anybody that wants it: here are the codes for changing the color scheme of the radio. Go into APIM - AS BUILT

7D0-03-01 xxxx x*xx xxxx Visual Design Variants: 0=Ford Classic, 1=Ford Timeless, 2=Lincoln Timeless, 3=Lincoln Next, 4=Ford New Blue GT (must also set 7D0-02-01 xxxx xDxx xxxx)

7D0-01-02 *xxx xxxx xxxx Brand: 0=Ford, 8=Lincoln, C=Configurable Splash Screen
I did the forced usb syned 3 update on my RS, looking to do a friends escape and then when I find the sync3 screen and apim i'll do my wifes escape (15'). It is fairly simple, just need a usb stick and the files

https://www.fordescape.org/forum/el...g/105209-sync-3-ver-3-0-available-now-31.html
we dont have too much talk about it on this forum, but on the fusion, mustang, RS and f150 they have been playing with these for the year.

https://www.focusrs.org/forum/30-focus-rs-electronics/82042-unofficial-sync-3-3-0-update-19.html

·
Registered
93 Posts
Because I'm an idiot I bricked my APIM & the replacement APIM I got came out of a Lincoln. In the process of changing the colors/splash screen I too enabled the heated seat icons & they did not work. This is on a 2016 Escape Ti.
What changes did you make in forscan to the colors/splash screen to get the heated seats icons to work on your escape?
Thank you

·
Registered
274 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thank you. I assume this would be similar to my 2016? Just asking since I see it is for a 2017 which should be similar.
It’s similar, but trashauler does caution to be sure of the changes before making them and he cannot be responsible for any damages. Well, you can read that for yourself to get his exact wording. Oh, make a backup of your current configuration before making any changes. As a Technical Coordinator and a trusted Network Technician, caution is always the best attitude to take when making changes with anything computerized system.

However, the bambi mode, the global windows, and the start stop disable seem to be the same for both 17 and 16. Other then that, I would suggest doing your homework and keep in mind that the mods for one model may not be applicable to another model. It depends on your trim package. Even two escapes with the same trim and are the same year that are manufactured for a different country, can differ in what you are able to change or not change.
The other changes I made, the adding the climate control to the Sync 3 touchscreen and changing the color of the graphics and the change in the boot screen also seem to work on both 16 and 17 escapes. The global lock and unlock was changed in the edit screen, rather then the as built screen and was pretty straightforward.
Happy modding!

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,176 Posts
Pre 2017 can utilise FoCCCus which gives you a lot of options you can change and service functions like wiper alignment. I think there's another thread on it. Use with caution as modded ELM327 devices are likely to crash while you're reading and writing.

·
Registered
274 Posts
It’s similar, but trashauler does caution to be sure of the changes before making them and he cannot be responsible for any damages. Well, you can read that for yourself to get his exact wording. Oh, make a backup of your current configuration before making any changes. As a Technical Coord

Thanks. Yea, I plan to do a stock backup for sure! Looks like a person could really screw things up in there if you don't do everything exactly right. Surprisingly, my 16 SE already has the climate control functions on the Sync 3 screen. I found that odd seeing as how its just an SE with the convenience package that included the dual auto climate control and the the Sync 3 system. Pretty much the only 2 things I was really looking for as its more or less a garage dweller/secondary vehicle for us....didn't need the Titanium level of gadgets.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What changes did you make in forscan to the colors/splash screen to get the heated seats icons to work on your escape?
Thank you
It turns out you just have to go into the APIM module (the on without AS-BUILT) & you will see the options for the heated seats icons and the heated steering wheel. The Icons appear on both the home screen & the climate screen. They did not work, so I removed them.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hello - New member here looking for the "as built spreadsheet" for a 1.6L 2015 Escape to be used with Forscan.

This rabbit hole I dove into started when my wifes passenger side low beam bulb quit working and got a "Low Beam Fault". Changed bulb and still doesn't work. So, after some research I found resetting the BCM may solve this. I ordered an OBD2 cable (should be here tomorrow 2/11/19), downloaded, installed and registered Forscan. Then after a lot of reading and video watching, found that some cool things (if available) can be done to modify the car.

Seems like the Escape is the hardest spreadsheet to find... Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts