2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
hi, do you know how to activate 2nd trip computer?
Here is some data I discovered during testing:

720-34-01 xxxx xxx* xx
1 default for my vehicle
0,2,4,6,8,A,C,E changed Trip 1 & 2 into just Trip
1,3,5,7,9,B,D,F no apparent change

Edit: Added FLA242 quote

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
@FLA242...Menu left button, scroll down one and press ok.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
i know how to switch on the board computer, my question is how to activate by forscan 2nd trip computer
Oh, ok...sorry, misunderstood your question, unaware you meant by Forscan. ?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Is there a way to set the trip odometer longer than the 2000 miles rollover set by Ford using Forscan? This limit kind of suck because I want to use it to track more miles than the current 2000 miles setting.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I've had very good luck using Forscan to install satellite navigation in my 2014 SE Escape with MFT (Sync2) that did not have it (you can find that info by searching this site)...but now I need your help on something equally important. I forgot to turn off the traction control driving in the snow yesterday and got stuck. My Escape automatically engages traction control each time the car starts. Is there a way to reverse that and make traction control OFF when the vehicle starts and only activate when I go into the system and select activate (basically reverse of what I have to do today)? Traction control is a joke and can cause some seriously sketchy situations driving in snow. If I ever want to use my Escape to do J-strips in the rain or drag strip challenges, I can turn it on manually...but I would rather it be off all the time so I don't forget to turn it off in critical situations. Have any of you done that or have any experience in that? Is it even possible? Any info would be apprecaited and thank you.

·
Registered
93 Posts
There are some good resources on 2gfusions. Assuming you’re looking for programming mods using FORSCAN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,513 Posts
Looking for spreadsheet of mods to use on 2015 Escape SE.
I merged your thread with this existing thread on Forscan. I don’t think anyone has posted a spreadsheet, but I could be wrong. Have a look through the other posts for the different mods the other members have done.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello,

I'd like to change / setup time when the puddle lights are switch ON after closing door
Current status:
1. I unlock the car — puddle light are ON
2. I open door puddle lights are ON
3. I close door puddle light switch OFF imediately -> it is possible to set up cca 5 or 10 seconds (delay) that puddle lights will be ON

Cargo Light switch ON after car unlocking.
I want to have the cargo light ON only when the trunk door is opened

Thank you!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I own the ODB MX+ for doing alfaodb mods to my ram. Will that allow forscan to do all of its changes? I keep seeing the hardwired elm327 with a switch on it.

I also didn't see anyone mention the process on how to reset the battery.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,173 Posts
I own the ODB MX+
That's way better than any modified ELM327 for Fords- compatible out of the box with Ford's Medium Speed CAN Bus protocol. A lot safer using FoCCCus too.

You'll need to hook it up to your Escape and have a look through the ForScan options. It should be listed under BCM (or BCMII?) You don't need the extended licence.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You'll need to hook it up to your Escape and have a look through the ForScan options. It should be listed under BCM (or BCMII?) You don't need the extended licence.
It's in the service functions part of forscan, not the module editing. Here's a quote from a different thread:

Then I went to forscan website, downloaded and installed ForScan for windows free version 2.3.19 beta.
I did not apply Extended Licences.

Then I connected this BF32302 to my Escape. There is a box on the driver side marked as OBD II. Near the driver's left knee. Open the box and plug the adapter in.

Start FORScan on my laptop.

Insert car key and turn to On position, don't start the engine.

In Forscan, select Vehicle ( the First icon on top left), then click Connect icon at the bottom left. Connect FORScan to vehicle, follow the instructions in ForScan.

After FORSCan finds all modules, click the Service Functions (the wrench icon)

Click "BdyCM: Battery Monitoring System Reset"

Click Play button at the bottom left

Follow the on screen prompts

When finished Forscan reported that BMS was successfully reset.

Check/clear any DTCs

Disconnect FORScan from vehicle
Link: DIY Battery Monitor System Reset

There's also a hidden procedure to reset the BMS. It worked in my friend's 2013 Escape and I verified with forscan that the battery was reset to 0 days old.

Vehicles without rear fog light key:

Perform steps 1-3 within 10 seconds
1. Ignition ON, Engine OFF
2. Activate the bright headlight flasher 5 times.
3. Fully depress the brake pedal 3 times.
4. If the battery charge indicator lamp in the instrument cluster flashes 3 times in 15 seconds, then the reset was successful.

Edited to clarify that Step 2 uses the bright light switch, not the standard headlight knob.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
It's in the service functions part of forscan, not the module editing. Here's a quote from a different thread:

Link: DIY Battery Monitor System Reset

There's also a hidden procedure to reset the BMS. It worked in my friend's 2013 Escape and I verified with forscan that the battery was reset to 0 days old.

Vehicles without rear fog light key:

Perform steps 1-3 within 10 seconds
1. Ignition ON, Engine OFF
2. Activate the bright headlight flasher 5 times.
3. Fully depress the brake pedal 3 times.
4. If the battery charge indicator lamp in the instrument cluster flashes 3 times in 15 seconds, then the reset was successful.

Edited to clarify that Step 2 uses the bright light switch, not the standard headlight knob.
Thank you! I need to do this and a few other edits before I sell this Escape to my sister :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I’m curious if the BMS reset above actually works. The thread tagged in the post asks if the reset is for other countries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I just tried the bottom method for battery reset, didn’t work.

I tried to used forscan with my odbmx+ on my ms surface PC. Kept getting elm errors. So I am assuming I need a usb dongle elm to make changes not the wireless one

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
well it should work, so i looked on forscan forum, then monkied with the windows BT and module, somehow got it to work and now am making changes etc.

Did the battery reset and sync BT name change so far

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Here is the horn disable

Double Horn Honk DisableBCM726-01-01xx*xxxxxxxxxdisable = default hex minus 8
Bluetooth pair nameAPIM7D0-04-01xxxxxxxx**xx00=sync / 08=escape

Battery Reset in forscan
Connect via forscan
click the wrench on the left
scroll down to BdyCM - Battery Monitor System Reset
Click in and it will do the battery reset

I didn't do any more config changes as the vehicle as I will be selling it.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts