2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,173 Posts
I tried to used forscan with my odbmx+ on my ms surface PC. Kept getting elm errors. So I am assuming I need a usb dongle elm to make changes not the wireless one
I was hesitant moving to a Bluetooth connection to do the changes, but the MX is a lot better than a hardwired ELM327. It's the recommended OBD2 interface on a number of Ford forums for ForScan. It was probably some configuration issue with your laptop that was the problem. Good to see you got it sorted.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I was hesitant moving to a Bluetooth connection to do the changes, but the MX is a lot better than a hardwired ELM327. It's the recommended OBD2 interface on a number of Ford forums for ForScan. It was probably some configuration issue with your laptop that was the problem. Good to see you got it sorted.
Oh yeah. the clone elm's are causing soooo many issues. I love my mx+, works with android (alfaodb), my iphone for diagnostics, laptop for forscan etc. And you don't need to do the high/low switch stuff. I am glad I got it going, was not looking forward to having another dongle/wire to use in programming. Well when the Explorer gets home, I'll pull/save all the modules and start seeing what I can do with that!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Hmmm, my phone in my pocket was connected to it as well. I connected to my explorer and it did it again, disabled BT on my phone and re connected the dongle to my surface and it worked. Maybe make sure the phone isn’t connected as well

·
Registered
17 Posts
The newest version of forscan can program new keys for 2013-16 Escapes with push button start. I just successfully added a 3rd key to my vehicle. The procedure had a 10 min waiting time but no codes were required.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Oh shoot! Speaking of keys!!!

My dad has a 2014 escape titanium, push button start. He lost one of his two original keys. Is there a way to program a new key? Or is this a dealer visit plus new key purchase.

I have only programmed addition keys to old fords.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Oh shoot! Speaking of keys!!!

My dad has a 2014 escape titanium, push button start. He lost one of his two original keys. Is there a way to program a new key? Or is this a dealer visit plus new key purchase.

I have only programmed addition keys to old fords.
Yes, you can choose between wiping clear all keys and starting fresh or just adding a key. Be careful with the first one since you must have two good keys available if you start fresh. Many cheap clones don't get accepted by the car.

I had bought a key last year before finding out there was no built-in programming procedure. It was nice to see it finally added to forscan.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m curious if the BMS reset above actually works. The thread tagged in the post asks if the reset is for other countries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It works. I performed it and then turned on forscan and it said battery life was 0 days old. This was in my friend's 2013 right after he got a new battery.

For other countries, the step with the high beam switch uses the rear fog light switch instead. When you're doing that step for US cars, make sure you are pulling the high beam lever torward you instead of pushing it away.

·
Registered
2015 Escape 1.6L Turbo SE 4WD
70 Posts
Hey all, just bought a 2016 Titanium 2.0L a couple weeks ago. I've been using Forscan for a few years on my F-150 so I'm pretty familiar with it. Anyway, I've been doing some trial-and-error using values from other model Fords to see what works in the Escape. Here are a couple I found that worked for me that I have not seen well documented for the Escape.

In the APIM module:
7D0-01-01 x*xx xxxx xxxx - Reverse camera (8" screen only): 0=disabled, 2=enabled, A=enabled with obstacle detection

My car had a 3 in the * position which is not one of the values listed. However, changing it to an A worked to enable the obstacle detection picture when the camera activates. If you have front sensors, they're also shown. Additionally, when moving forward slower then 5mph with the camera not active, a pop-up screen comes up with obstacle detection for just the front.

In the APIM module:
7D0-04-01 xxxx xxxx **xx - Bluetooth pairing name

00=SYNC
02=Focus
03=Fusion
04=C-Max06=Mustang
08=Escape
09=Edge
0B=Explorer
0C=Expedition
0E=F150
0F=F250
10=F350
19=MKZ
1B=MKC
1C=MKX
1E=Navigator
20=Fiesta
24=Mondeo
2D=Raptor
2E=Continental

My car had a 00 in the ** position which just displayed "SYNC" when bluetooth pairing to my phone. Switching to 08 resulted in the name "Ford Escape" when bluetooth pairing to my phone.

In the BCM module:
726-01-01 xx*x xxxx xxxx - Double honk disable: *new = *old - 8

My car had an 8 in the * position and 8-8=0. Changing the 8 into a 0 worked to disable the double honk when I get out of the car with the key while it is running. Note: If you have a letter in this position just use this code: A=10, B=11, C=12, D=13, E=14, F=15. For example if you hav an E then 14-8=6 so put in 6.

I'm trying to figure out a few more things and will update if successful.
Hi, I have a '15 Escape SE with MFT/sync2. I am trying to find a spreadsheet, no luck from Ford website, only lists the codes without the functions. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
2015 Escape Titanium 2.0 AWD
3 Posts
The newest version of forscan can program new keys for 2013-16 Escapes with push button start. I just successfully added a 3rd key to my vehicle. The procedure had a 10 min waiting time but no codes were required.
Would you mind sharing the process of how you did this? I've done some searching around and so far haven't been able to figure it out. TIA!

·
Registered
2015 Escape Titanium 2.0 AWD
3 Posts
One thing to add is that it used the 10 min timed acess instead of coded access so no codes were required.
Ahh, little bit of a bummer, but that's not too bad. Can tend to the smoker while I wait or something. Hahaha

·
Registered
2015 Ford Escape, 2.0 AWD
31 Posts
I have a 2015 2.0 Escape and would like to get ForScan in order to have the ability read DTC (error codes). From reading the many ForScan threads it appears the consensus is to get the OBD Link MX Plus. I don’t want to connect this through a phone/tablet and want to exclusively use a laptop that a few years old. Since I don’t think my laptop has Bluetooth and I would prefer to use a wired connection over a Bluetooth, would you still recommend OBD Link MX Plus? I see they have a Bluetooth to USB adapter that I would have to buy separately in order to use the OBD Link MX Plus without Bluetooth on the computer side, and when you add the cost of the two it starting to get a little up there ~($175), so wondering if you recommend any other options for what I’m try to do? I don’t mind spending the money if that’s the best/most reliable route to take. I know a lot of people seem to use the software to make changes to manufacturing settings. That would be nice but i’m more concerned with reading any DTC codes. Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
3,173 Posts
You can get a USB version that's compatible with Ford vehicles- the EX model I think?

·
Registered
2015 Ford Escape, 2.0 AWD
31 Posts
You can get a USB version that's compatible with Ford vehicles- the EX model I think?
So there is a OBDLink EX model that only connects via the usb. What this one work on a 2015 Escape utilizing Windows/Laptop?

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,513 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,173 Posts
So there is a OBDLink EX model that only connects via the usb. What this one work on a 2015 Escape utilizing Windows/Laptop?
A quick internet search would have provided the answer OBDLink® EX | OBDLink® | OBD Solutions LLC ;)

OBDLink® EX

Plug-and-play design
  • Maximum vehicle coverage
  • Custom-Designed for use with FORScan
  • Electronic Switch allows access to all CAN buses simultaneously
  • Maximum Throughput -up to 20 times faster than “toggle switch” adapters
  • Rock-Solid connection avoids data corruption and dropped packets

·
Super Moderator
3,173 Posts
OBDLink EX and MX lines use STN chips. They're far superior to the ELM327 chip based devices and compatible "out of the box" with Ford's Medium Speed CANBUS protocol (which is what you need to add the switch for on an ELM327 based interface.)

61 - 80 of 93 Posts