2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

ForScan for 2013-2016 Escapes

89K views 128 replies 35 participants last post by  APEscape 
#1 ·
So tonight I finally decided to download ForScan and play around with the settings.. I was able to Enable Global Open/close.. yea.. and set the Fogs to stay on with the high beams.

I also want to increase the Intelligent turn signal time from 3 to 5 and I see videos of how to do that but I dont see the SCCM module to make the change in my list.. I see the guy on youtube has a OBDII reader with a switch from high speed to medium/slow speed reading.. Mine doesn't have that switch and not sure if its an auto switcher.. I bought it about 2 years ago and its basically a no name one I found on here(I think) Anyone else been able to get to that setting?

#113 ·
I just installed a new Dorman backup assist camera to replace the one that broke on my vehicle. Any idea how to to the LIN programming so that the gridlines will show up? I can't use the zoom function and do not get the back up grild lines for backing up to populate. Apparently I need to tell the module I installed a new camera so that it can program the LIN and then do a calibration (at least htat is my understanding).

#114 ·
My understanding is the only camera that will show the dynamic gridlines is the Ford one. However, I have just had a look at the Dorman website and they do imply it will function as the factory fitted one. The Ford camera has a separate feed for the LIN connection which is pin 2 on the factory fit camera. If the camera you have purchased isn't wired for pin 2 then it's not going to work as the Ford one does. I also couldn't see them giving an option for a 2013 Escape and it's from 2014 onwards.

Here in the UK our cars were a bit behind your model. In 2013 we only had sync 1 where you got sync 2 with the MFT touchscreen. Not sure if this was an option or standard on certain models. On our sync 1 cars with the small non-touch display, the cars had a separate camera module. This was done away with on sync 2 as the camera works directly from the APIM (sync 2 screen). The BCM also changed on our model from 2014 as did the reverse camera type.

Does your car have sync 1 with the small screen display and not touchscreen. If so then you could try a reset of the camera module in service procedures using Forscan.

Is this the one you bought.

590-419

#115 ·
My understanding is the only camera that will show the dynamic gridlines is the Ford one. However, I have just had a look at the Dorman website and they do imply it will function as the factory fitted one. The Ford camera has a separate feed for the LIN connection which is pin 2 on the factory fit camera. If the camera you have purchased isn't wired for pin 2 then it's not going to work as the Ford one does. I also couldn't see them giving an option for a 2013 Escape and it's from 2014 onwards.

This was done away with on sync 2 as the camera works directly from the APIM (sync 2 screen). The BCM also changed on our model from 2014 as did the reverse camera type
I seem to recall reading somewhere that early Escapes (2013) has the Image Processing Module which was required for dynamic lines where as later (no info on build date) didn’t need this as it was built into the AIPM
unsure If this was a general Sync 2 thing either..
my 2013 Wiring diagram still notes a IPM and 6 pin plug (pin 1 not used) - sort of relating to your Sync1 comment too.. maybe early Sync 2 got the Sync 1 camera setup?

id love to know too if later models ditched the IPM as then I can consider binning my aftermarket camera for a factory option from a later model (as ive got what I believe to be a late ‘14 AIPM, which may have internal processing)
My Aftermarket camera, Crutchfield Vox - has dynamic lines that swing with the wheel (though not entirely accurate) but won’t zoom nor display the parking warnings (where the green/yellow/red boxes appear as you back up)

#116 ·
Thanks for the replies and info! Mine has Sync 2 (6" touch screen). It also has the 6 pin camera connector. That's an interesting thought about the IPM and maybe I can dig around for that. I also have been curious as to why I could not find a camera for the 2013 model, even though that is what mine has. Maybe it is a long lines of what both of you are mentioning where it's a bit of a hybrid between sync one and sync 2. I'll keep taking around and if anyone has some more info please let me know.

#118 ·
If you have an IPM it will show up in the module list on FORScan. On the UK cars I can check on etis.ford.com using the VIN number to see what modules were factory fitted. I am not sure if you have that ability to check that over there. You could have a look on motorcraftservice.com/asbuilt and check by putting your VIN number in. It should list a module beginning with "706" if it has a separate IPM module.

#122 · (Edited)
I would imagine the one touch up and down for the windows would need to be standard and enabled in the car in the first place for the global function to be enabled successfully on Forscan. Is this the case?
Mine is a 2017 mid range model and the Global function works without being enabled on Forscan but the one touch up and down function on all windows always worked from inside the car.

#128 ·
Just in case anyone else has missed this, Vgate released a new adapter fairly recently that is pretty much a $35 VCMII. It's the vLinker FS. It's not even J2534, yet it allows full access to all functionality of the extended license Forscan, not just config changes, but module resets, relearning, full reflashing of modules if you know what you're doing and are so inclined. None of my previous ELM adapters let me do certain functions, or they'd try and then error out. I also have one of those $100 VCX Nanos (chinese knockoff of a Ford VCMII device, and even comes with a pirated copy of IDS), which worked for a lot of things, but was still kind of buggy. This vLinker has been flawless so far. I reprogrammed a new solenoid body strategy into the Escape's PCM with Forscan with this one last week, after the VCX failed to do it, Forscan kicked it out halfway through with a generic procedure aborted message.
This is not a sponsored message, I'm just freaking excited I found this thing 😅 I've been looking for an affordable adapter that does more advanced functions for a while now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.