2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

601 - 620 of 642 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Having dumb problems with my first go at this and admittedly I'm a little non-savvy with Windows 10, been using mostly all iOS for quite a few years but....using a windows 10 tablet for this. I can scan the escape (its a 2016 SE), get all connected, it finds all the modules via the high and medium can bus switch, go into the main BdyCM Central Config, then it asks me to switch back to HS can. Then it wants to download the F1DT-14C097-AA.vbf calibration file which it does. It stops there asks me to copy it into C:\Users\Documents/CalibrationFiles/F1DT-14C097-AA.vbf then tells me with the red "X" me it has an error opening it thus cancelling the whole procedure. So I look in the users\documents folder and it is there but when I go back in it and reconnect to the car it seems to not be able to find it and tries to download it again, rinse and repeat. I'm missing something stupid I guess....lol

Update: after looking at some stuff....the file is compressed/zipped that I get sent. I attempted to unzip/compress it but it says the file is empty. Went back out to the car went through the process again, same result as in the first few tries above. Is there maybe a glitch with the file I'm getting sent to download currently?
Looks like you are missing a folder with your Windows 10 username between Users and Documents.

The file location should look like this:

C:\Users\Username\Documents\CalibrationFiles\F1DT-14C097-AA.vbf

·
Registered
233 Posts
Looks like you are missing a folder with your Windows 10 username between Users and Documents.

Ok, very well could be. I'll give it a look. Thanks!! Like I said been a bit since I've had the "displeasure" of dealing with Windows and seem to have forgotten alot of simple things that I should know.

·
Registered
233 Posts

Actually that is all correct. User name is in there. Seems the zipped/compressed file I'm receiving is empty so it cant do anything with it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Never mind I figured it out. Went directly to the ford service website and downloaded the same file from there which was useable. Guess the one I was getting sent via the link Forscan was sending me to was no good. Had nothing in it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't know if before the mod you could just get out of your car while it's already running, get the double honk telling you that, and another person without a key could drive it. I never checked before I did the mod, and I don't care to go back. Keep in mind that my vehicle has the "Push Button" start, with the key in your pocket.

There's no way you could do it using the remote start, as you need your key for the dash to light up, and allow you to drive. Give it a try and report back!

I can assure you that after using this mod if you leave your vehicle while it's running, it will not double honk when you leave the vehicle, but it will chime in the interior of the vehicle twice.

I also confirmed that if you do leave the vehicle while it's already running, and leave the keys 30 feet away, anyone can hop in the car and drive!

I hope this information helps out the community!

Doc
Has anyone tried the Secure Idle mod that is on the F150?
726-42-01x*xxxxxxxxxxSecure Idle Enable Cfg: 0=disabled, 1=enabled

My understanding is that this locks the shifter if the FOB is outside the vehicle... FWIW, it seems that as of 2018, F150s came with this enabled.

Al
2019 F-150, 2019 Platinum Escape

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone tried the Secure Idle mod that is on the F150?
726-42-01x*xxxxxxxxxxSecure Idle Enable Cfg: 0=disabled, 1=enabled

My understanding is that this locks the shifter if the FOB is outside the vehicle... FWIW, it seems that as of 2018, F150s came with this enabled.

Al
2019 F-150, 2019 Platinum Escape
I should have added that this change is in the BdyCM module for F150s.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This seems to be the definitive thread for Forscan for the 3G Escapes. So I was wondering, has anyone been able to increase their turn signal blink count from the default 3? Obviously these escapes do not have an SCCM (which is where this change can be made in the F150s) so I am guessing it's somewhere in central config, but I've searched through here and Google but can't seem to find anyone who has done this mod in their Ford escape.

·
Registered
223 Posts
2019 Escape...
Is there a way to change the TPMS trigger value in ForScan?
Running winter tires on 17's...they don't need to be at the same PSI as my 19" summer tires!
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone got a ford escape 2019 spreadsheet?? I’ve tried with various other sheets but no numbers match mine.
I'm looking for codes to set up the tail lights in FORD ESCAPE 2019 stop with turn signal, i want change for europe only turn signal without stop blink.

·
Super Moderator
5,945 Posts
Has anyone got a ford escape 2019 spreadsheet?? I’ve tried with various other sheets but no numbers match mine.
I'm looking for codes to set up the tail lights in FORD ESCAPE 2019 stop with turn signal, i want change for europe only turn signal without stop blink.
I merged your thread with this existing thread on Forscan for the 2017 and newer Escapes. Have a look at some of the other posts for the help you need. This was easily found with a quick search.

·
Registered
223 Posts
You mean, a separate turn signal and separate brake light?? I think the hardware isn't there for this... You probably need a Euro BCM and wiring harness to the rear.

On the same note, I have no clue why Ford does stupid stuff like this. HUGE down grade from the previous amber turn/LED signal. I mean, seriously, in a $42k car?
I should of waited for a 2020.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Reactions: chrisgb

·
Registered
4 Posts
I merged your thread with this existing thread on Forscan for the 2017 and newer Escapes. Have a look at some of the other posts for the help you need. This was easily found with a quick search.
I'm sorry I couldn't find you. ford escape 2019 has other settings bdycm less records to edit I can not find rear lamp configuration

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone, I just did the global open/close on my 17 with forscan it's pretty cool. Took me a couple tries but I got it.
Thanks to everyone for the good write ups

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi everyone, I just did the global open/close on my 17 with forscan it's pretty cool. Took me a couple tries but I got it.
Thanks to everyone for the good write ups
Best mod yet!

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
326 Posts
You mean, a separate turn signal and separate brake light?? I think the hardware isn't there for this... You probably need a Euro BCM and wiring harness to the rear.

On the same note, I have no clue why Ford does stupid stuff like this. HUGE down grade from the previous amber turn/LED signal. I mean, seriously, in a $42k car?
I should of waited for a 2020.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
And at that only for the one model year, 2019

Reactions: wungun

·
Registered
4 Posts
And at that only for the one model year, 2019
I have a separate stop light and a separate direction indicator. Only, in American cars, when the direction is turned on, the stop light is also on. In fusion fords, previous escape could be done in the forscan in Bdycm in position 726-28-01 xxxx xxxx x*xx
Stop Position Lamp Cfg: 0=Position_Only, 1=Stop_Only,
2=Stop_Position, 3=Stop_Position_Turn, 4=Stop_Turn

in Ford escape 2019 the last record in bdycm is a record
726-06-01 hence the question where to look for settings !

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have a separate stop light and a separate direction indicator. Only, in American cars, when the direction is turned on, the stop light is also on. In fusion fords, previous escape could be done in the forscan in Bdycm in position 726-28-01 xxxx xxxx x*xx
Stop Position Lamp Cfg: 0=Position_Only, 1=Stop_Only,
2=Stop_Position, 3=Stop_Position_Turn, 4=Stop_Turn

in Ford escape 2019 the last record in bdycm is a record
726-06-01 hence the question where to look for settings !
I was not aware the 2019 EU Escapes still had the separate turn signal bulbs; they were combined in the US for only the 2019 model year.

·
Super Moderator
2,335 Posts
I was not aware the 2019 EU Escapes still had the separate turn signal bulbs
It would be the same for the Australian models. You don't see any locally sold vehicles with the combined brake/ indicator.

·
Registered
223 Posts
It would be the same for the Australian models. You don't see any locally sold vehicles with the combined brake/ indicator.
Which really makes Ford's move to change them in North America for 1 model year before discontinuing that generation, even more confounding.

Reactions: chrisgb

·
Registered
223 Posts
Been there done that. Not much posted there. Thanks for the suggestion.

looks like I’ll just dive in and see what shows up in plan English and do a cross reference spreadsheet.

I have downloaded my as built configurations from Ford so I can go back to stock if needed.

I plan on doing my normal backup of as builts, plus my changes for each module
I had issues with my 2019...msg'd the dev and he gave me a link to a beta version which worked...
An option if you run into problems.

601 - 620 of 642 Posts