2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

621 - 640 of 652 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Escape
109 Posts
I’m on the latest version of the software. So it will be mostly looking around after I do the as built backups.

But, if I can find something simple to start with, maybe global window up/down, I see what I can decipher.

If I run into issues I’ll keep your suggestion in mind. Just out of curiosity, what is the release number you are running? Is it 2.3.32?

·
Super Moderator
6,000 Posts
I’m on the latest version of the software. So it will be mostly looking around after I do the as built backups.

But, if I can find something simple to start with, maybe global window up/down, I see what I can decipher.

If I run into issues I’ll keep your suggestion in mind. Just out of curiosity, what is the release number you are running? Is it 2.3.32?
I moved your other posts to a new thread in the 2020 section. In the future, if you don’t see a thread for your question, you are always welcome to create a new one

·
Registered
2018 Ford Escape Titanium
3 Posts
Just an update that I was successful in enabling Global Windows, Bambi Mode, and remove the dreaded "Double Honk" on my 2019 FE Titanium. No side effects so far, other than with the double honk removed and you left your car running (key is in your pocket) anyone CAN jump in your car and drive it away! I looked into a previous post mentioning another mod to solve this problem, but don't currently have access to the module I need to change it. It may not be accessible, since it's apparently for Police vehicles..
Did you ever figure out secure Idle? I've love to have this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Latest version of FORScan 2.3.33 has start/stop on the non as built line.
Does this actually work without going into as built line?
Anyone try this? I have 17 Escape

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone. I think I am officially done reading all 32 pages of this thread and ready to attempt a few things. Before I start. 2018 Escape Titanium did we verify auto start stop working or not? I see like 4 people say yes but then the spreadsheet says no. Also has anyone figured out secure Idle for these yet? Last thing. How do I look up vin info to give it to you guys to help out?

·
Registered
3 Posts
So whoever made that tutorial, I love you. Bambi and Global worked flawlessly on 2018 Escape Titanium. Only problem I had right before step 11 clearing DTC's it finished all operations I turned the ignition on then back off and forscan completely disconnected. I had to shut down forscan, reopen, reconnect to the car and then clear the DTC's

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm not a programmer / IT-type but that strikes me as a 'logical' notion, thanks for that.

Pursuing that a bit further with the assumption that you are correct .....

Would that 'system-self-generated code' lend to editing, or would any edit be 'overwritten' by the self-generation process? Or perhaps that would depend on the 'rules' programmed into the system governing the self-generation process?

I'm also curious about the apparently substantial differences between the '13-'16 vs '17 Escape programming. I have the impression that at least some modules and their programming is the same across those years (ACM and programming related to ACM output, for example). Is that correct, and have you been able to discern any other 'common points' across the years?

Would working to identify 'common points' be a useful step in your effort to identify PID's and code uniquely applicable to '17+ models? If yes, is there a way that we pre-17 owners can assist in your effort?
Do you know how to change the acm output?

·
Registered
2019 Escape Titanium 2.0L
46 Posts
ForScan used to modify my FE - so far just enabled the global down. Changing the lane change flash and the double-honk is proving elusive

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well, I apparently broke something. I got the double-honk and stop/start to go away, but now the parking brake indicator is always on, the ABS lamp is on and the traction control lamp is on. Any guidance will be appreciated.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Well, I apparently broke something. I got the double-honk and stop/start to go away, but now the parking brake indicator is always on, the ABS lamp is on and the traction control lamp is on. Any guidance will be appreciated.
That's why most people don't try to disable the auti start stop. Forscan are working on a new release...
Maybe something better comes soon.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Grrrr! I just turned it back on - all the warnings went away. [email protected], I hate that "feature". Guess I'll start a pre-launch checklist: seat belt? Check. Badge in console? Check. Weapon stashed? Check. Both phones in car? Check.

At least I got rid of the double-honk and turned global-open to on.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Grrrr! I just turned it back on - all the warnings went away. [email protected], I hate that "feature". Guess I'll start a pre-launch checklist: seat belt? Check. Badge in console? Check. Weapon stashed? Check. Both phones in car? Check.

At least I got rid of the double-honk and turned global-open to on.
Double honk? For leaving the car on and getting out? I haven't done that one!

·
Registered
46 Posts
It also appears the latest and greatest ForScan contains some better descriptions for many settings but retains the "726..." entries for other settings.

·
Registered
224 Posts
It also appears the latest and greatest ForScan contains some better descriptions for many settings but retains the "726..." entries for other settings.
What version you on? They say 2.4 is full of bugs (pertaining to firmware updating)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I installed fresh from ForScan last week. "2.3.33 beta"

·
Registered
46 Posts
Double honk? For leaving the car on and getting out? I haven't done that one!
My Mustang did that. Scared the h3ck outta me every time, especially after I added an air horn. I've made several minor changes to the Mustang: Panic button two-press, lane change to five flashes (still wanna set that on the Escape), fog lights for cornering lamps, headlight sensitivity.

Reactions: wungun

·
Registered
46 Posts
This seems to be the definitive thread for Forscan for the 3G Escapes. So I was wondering, has anyone been able to increase their turn signal blink count from the default 3? Obviously these escapes do not have an SCCM (which is where this change can be made in the F150s) so I am guessing it's somewhere in central config, but I've searched through here and Google but can't seem to find anyone who has done this mod in their Ford escape.
I want to make this change as well. It was relatively easy in my Mustang, since it has the SCCM. I can't find the related entry in my Escape. Defeating stop/start had bad results, so I had to turn it back on.

·
Registered
224 Posts
My Mustang did that. Scared the h3ck outta me every time, especially after I added an air horn. I've made several minor changes to the Mustang: Panic button two-press, lane change to five flashes (still wanna set that on the Escape), fog lights for cornering lamps, headlight sensitivity.
My Titanium has cornering lights in the headlights already :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Was talking with the developer, and he confirmed that new configurable options will be in the next version... Depending on car, model, etc.

621 - 640 of 652 Posts