2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 592 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,285 Posts

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
I moved your post to a new thread as it doesn't really belong in the thread you posted in. If you check out the last few pages of this thread, it will tell you that forscan and FOCCUS are not yet compatible with 2017 Escapes.

http://www.fordescape.org/forum/diy-garage/30305-focccus-talk-lets-talk-21.html
Woops, with due respect IMHO @jshel101 went one notch too far there .... while Focccus as of this date is still not compatible with the '17 Escape, AFAIK ForSCAN is.

Please note that ForSCAN, unlike Focccus, has no model-specific pre-configured module modification routines - it's those model-specific preconfigured routines that have rendered Focccus incompatible with later models.

ForSCAN, on the other hand, just accesses the Ford HS/MS data busses, making it more 'robust' in terms of working with various years and models of vehicles. Lacking 'pre-configured' modification info (PID address and parameter values), you must get that from other sources such as vehicle-specific forums. Once you find those, ForSCAN likely will let you make those programming changes on your '17 Escape (within the limit of the modules it addresses at all).

If you have specific things you want to effect on your '17 modules, try searching for each specific thing, looking for solutions based in ForSCAN rather than Focccus.

.... Need to get rid of that seat belt warning too.
Have you tried the procedure found in the "Seatbelts" section of your '17 Owners Manual under the sub-heading "Deactivating and Activating the Belt-Minder Feature"?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Woops, with due respect IMHO @jshel101 went one notch too far there .... while Focccus as of this date is still not compatible with the '17 Escape, AFAIK ForSCAN is.

Please note that ForSCAN, unlike Focccus, has no model-specific pre-configured module modification routines - it's those model-specific preconfigured routines that have rendered Focccus incompatible with later models.

ForSCAN, on the other hand, just accesses the Ford HS/MS data busses, making it more 'robust' in terms of working with various years and models of vehicles. Lacking 'pre-configured' modification info (PID address and parameter values), you must get that from other sources such as vehicle-specific forums. Once you find those, ForSCAN likely will let you make those programming changes on your '17 Escape (within the limit of the modules it addresses at all).

If you have specific things you want to effect on your '17 modules, try searching for each specific thing, looking for solutions based in ForSCAN rather than Focccus.

Have you tried the procedure found in the "Seatbelts" section of your '17 Owners Manual under the sub-heading "Deactivating and Activating the Belt-Minder Feature"?
I use forscan on my 16 F150 and am looking to do changes on the wife's 17 escape. Has anyone mapped out the escape yet?

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
I use forscan on my 16 F150 and am looking to do changes on the wife's 17 escape. Has anyone mapped out the escape yet?
Noting this is your first post, Welcome to the forum!

AFAIK not to the extensive detail that has been done for the various year F150s on the 'mega spreadsheet' for those that's floating around the web.

You'll have to do some searching based on looking for car models that have similar modules and features to the Escape counterparts. Fusion and Focus, for example, depending on exactly the features you want to change. IMHO folks on those forums seem more inclined to experimentation and finding the PID/parameter values for module reprogramming that on this forum.

ACM and APIM audio-related mods, for example, both SYNC2 and SYNC3, seem to translate well between those cars and the Escape. IIRC those have been mentioned in the appropriate sub-forum here.

I've not investigated 'lighting, locking and remote window operation' reprogramming mods on the '17 Escape using ForSCAN (the several things that were pre-configured in Focccus for '13-'15 Escapes and popular here).

It may take some 'bold experimentation' to test, confirm and if needed 'back out' of programming changes in the process of finding things that work on the '17.

IF you do find specific 'feature tuning' things that you've proven to work on the '17 Escape with ForSCAN, you'd be a hero on this forum if you bring that info back here

;)

What specific changes would you like to implement on your wife's '17 Escape?

(and please, make a sig-block with drivetrain and trim info on that car so members here can best help you! :) )

·
Registered
137 Posts
I too am interested in doing some mods to the wife's Escape. I am active on the SuperDuty forum and there is a good ForScan mapping for the 2011s and up.

What I'd like to do on the Escape :
Bambi mode (fogs with high beams)
Disable door chime

I have played around with the BdyCM settings but haven't figured anything out yet. Probably need to start building a database of AsBuilt data along with the window stickers and do some comparisons.
I have figured out how to get into Engineering test mode with the SE at least. Will post that in its own thread.

Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Noting this is your first post, Welcome to the forum!

AFAIK not to the extensive detail that has been done for the various year F150s on the 'mega spreadsheet' for those that's floating around the web.

You'll have to do some searching based on looking for car models that have similar modules and features to the Escape counterparts. Fusion and Focus, for example, depending on exactly the features you want to change. IMHO folks on those forums seem more inclined to experimentation and finding the PID/parameter values for module reprogramming that on this forum.

ACM and APIM audio-related mods, for example, both SYNC2 and SYNC3, seem to translate well between those cars and the Escape. IIRC those have been mentioned in the appropriate sub-forum here.

I've not investigated 'lighting, locking and remote window operation' reprogramming mods on the '17 Escape using ForSCAN (the several things that were pre-configured in Focccus for '13-'15 Escapes and popular here).

It may take some 'bold experimentation' to test, confirm and if needed 'back out' of programming changes in the process of finding things that work on the '17.

IF you do find specific 'feature tuning' things that you've proven to work on the '17 Escape with ForSCAN, you'd be a hero on this forum if you bring that info back here

;)

What specific changes would you like to implement on your wife's '17 Escape?

(and please, make a sig-block with drivetrain and trim info on that car so members here can best help you! :) )
Appreciate the welcome.

I've played around a little and haven't discovered much of anything. Comparing my modules to hers and the number value sections aren't near the same.

The most important things I want to change are

Seatbelt minder off, both seats
Bambi mode (fogs on when brights on)
Turn off turn signal indicator noise
Global windows
Disable door chime
Add climate control to sync 3 screen

·
Registered
137 Posts
Inlinesix, 17SE, and anyone else interested in assisting,

Would you be willing to send me a copy of your window sticker? The easiest way to discover how to modify things with ForScan is to determine what is different between vehicles and compile a list. In order to do this, the window sticker, ETIS and AsBuilt data are required. The last two can be obtained from the Ford website but window stickers are no longer available online. The more people who are willing to share their window stickers (and thus the VIN), the better chance of finding modifications.

I will get a Google Drive setup for submitting the window stickers. Once I obtain permission, I will provide links to some outstanding documentation and instructions for using ForScan.

Please note, efforts will be directed at 2017 Escape modifications only. 2016 and older have FoCCCus for mods.

Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts

Would you be willing to send me a copy of your window sticker? The easiest way to discover how to modify things with ForScan is to determine what is different between vehicles and compile a list. In order to do this, the window sticker, ETIS and AsBuilt data are required. The last two can be obtained from the Ford website but window stickers are no longer available online. The more people who are willing to share their window stickers (and thus the VIN), the better chance of finding modifications.

I will get a Google Drive setup for submitting the window stickers. Once I obtain permission, I will provide links to some outstanding documentation and instructions for using ForScan.

Please note, efforts will be directed at 2017 Escape modifications only. 2016 and older have FoCCCus for mods.

Bob
Yup I won't have a problem doing that at all.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Bob
I can do that too. i got a 17 escape titanium. Honestly the only thing i really want is the windows down on unlock hold but i'll contribute in how ever i can.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Window Stickers Needed

I am attempting to map the computer settings for the 2017 Escape in the hopes of discovering what can be modified. Other vehicles (F150, SuperDuty, Fusion, etc) have extensive mapping and there are a number of things that can be changed.

Examples:
Day time running lights can be set to Off, low beam, high beam, fog lights or parking lights
Fog lights remain on with high beams
Changing the Sync display color
Disabled annoying chimes
Changing tire size so the speedo is accurate with larger tires
and many others

In order to map the Escape, I need to compare multiple vehicle settings. I don't need the vehicle, just a good clean, clear copy of the window sticker.

Anyone willing to assist, please upload a copy of your window sticker (2017 Escape only please) to the link below. In order to prevent confusion and lost files, please create a folder and name it with the last 6 digits of the VIN then copy the window sticker into the folder.

Also, window stickers from vehicles on a dealer lot work great too, but I have to be able to read them. I tried getting pics of the ones at my local dealer but the tinted windows didn't make for good photos.

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B80XNmAQK-xVbjJYVGFjaGY3QlE?usp=sharing

You will have to copy and paste the link since I don't have enough posts to embed a link yet. I will fix it when I have sufficient posts to provide an actual link. Sorry for the extra work.

Thank you

Anyone willing to assist crunching through the data, please chime in. I could use the help.

Bob

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll post up the window sticker when I get a minute later this week, coding BMWs and VW/Audis are nothing new to me, we just need to compile a list of tables/hex to turn on/off what we need. Is anyone leaking the production line software? Do we have any friends on EU forums? These days BMW has E-SYS and everything is already indexed, way easier for those cars.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a 2015 which I'm about to modify with a Sync3 kit.

I looked at pictures of 2017 Escapes on Autotrader and noticed that the rear camera image now has an icon in the top right that indicates exactly which sensors are going off (including front sensors if equipped). 2013-2016 Escapes used the colored squares on the bottom of the image, which only indicated rear sensor proximity.

If someone could identify the bits (somewhere in the 7D0 section) which control this feature that would be great.

I managed to enable it in my 2013 Fusion after a similar Sync3 retrofit (thanks to an extensive Fusion Forscan spreadsheet available online), but while studying the As Built Data of 2015-2017 Escapes, I realized that things are a little different between the Fusion and Escape, so I'll have to start from scratch.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
This site currently has 53 MY2017 units, all with viewable / able to save as PDF window stickers. The complete 17-digit VIN is visible on each (below the bar-code):

New Ford Escape Vehicle Inventory - Ford Austin Dealer - Ford Hutto Inventory - Ford Manor Dealership - Ford Buda In Stock - Leif Johnson Ford

.... Anyone willing to assist, please upload a copy of your window sticker (2017 Escape only please) to the link below. In order to prevent confusion and lost files, please create a folder and name it with the last 6 digits of the VIN then copy the window sticker into the folder.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B80XNmAQK-xVbjJYVGFjaGY3QlE
^^^ One-click link enabled in the above quote.

Good luck / have fun with your project!

;)

·
Super Moderator
1,458 Posts
I have a 2015 which I'm about to modify with a Sync3 kit.

I looked at pictures of 2017 Escapes on Autotrader and noticed that the rear camera image now has an icon in the top right that indicates exactly which sensors are going off (including front sensors if equipped). 2013-2016 Escapes used the colored squares on the bottom of the image, which only indicated rear sensor proximity.

If someone could identify the bits (somewhere in the 7D0 section) which control this feature that would be great.
If I'm reading that correctly my 2016 Kuga does that with Sync 2. Each sensor is shown on a vehicle outline and they change colour independently depending on how close you are to an object. So you know which sensor/s or area of the vehicle is close to an object.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wandering mind, thank you. I'll get the ETIS and AsBuilt data pulled and start comparing.

Centex, thanks for the link. I'll start working those as well.

I am currently visiting relatives and don't have the car or my computer so I'm limited to what I can accomplish with an iPad. So far I have found 4 different locations where the VIN is stored in the computers and I think I have found the tire pressure setting but can't verify that until I get home.

I also obtained permission to provide links to LivnItUp's FORscan tutorial so I will post that once I am able to and I'll get a spreadsheet put together showing details as they are found.

Bob

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was perusing a spreadsheet for Fusions, and these feature settings jumped out at me:

1. Power point timeout (default is 1 hour 15 mins; I want them on/off with the car)
2. Tire pressure gauge enable/disable

Maybe tire pressure isn't possible on FE because it has just the one display in the instrument cluster and the code to display the pressures just isn't there. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the option to show them is just disabled until a future model year.

I also want to have Auto Stop/Start disabled by default.

1 - 20 of 592 Posts
About this Discussion
591 Replies
86 Participants
Doctor
2013+ Ford Escape Forum
On Ford Escape Forum discover news, discussions, service tips, & technical help for your 2013+ Escape.
Full Forum Listing