2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

561 - 580 of 606 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can confirm that the disabling of the auto start/stop works in a 2018 Escape Titanium.

Just as it says in post 250, follow the instructions for bambi mode, but search for stop, change it to disabled, write the config, clear the DTC errors (some won't clear), perform the ABS relearn, follow on screen prompts, do a final DTC clear. I had a couple errors that stuck around in the BodyCM, I went for a drive to validate that the auto start/stop was disabled, decided to try clearing the errors again and that time it took.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks so much for this! I wanted to add an addendum from my personal experience on a 2017 Escape 2.0l turbo (originally from canada, but I purchased it in Iowa and brought it home to kansas).

I was able to perform the bambi and global window updates, but had a minor hiccup. I cleared the DTC's one time as your guide suggested and rescanned and Forscan didn't find any additional DTC's after power cycling the keys, so I drove to work. On my drive I noticed 1.) The temp gauge was zero and 2.) The transmission didn't shift as aggressively as it normally did, like the car was in limp mode.

I got to work and decided to be a bit late, as I was planning on reflashing my backup and seeing if everything worked. When I booted up Forscan it found another several DTC's which I cleared. I then power cycled the keys and opened the door (doing this shuts of the display normally) and rescanned and found a few more codes to clear. After two cycles of this the temp gauge works again and the transmission shifts like it should. Only 3 dtc remain concerning the central locking mechanism for the passenger and rear doors. That said they all lock correctly, so I'm unsure of what the problem is -- maybe it's looking for a feature the kuga has that my escape just doesn't?

At Last...

At long last, after much gnashing of teeth and many trials and tribulations, I am pleased to announce the initial release of the much anticipated tutorial for modifying computer settings on the 2017 Ford Escape.

·
Registered
197 Posts
So, a couple of things...I have a 2019 Titanium...
I have an OBDLink MX on order, but Ive tried with my OBDLink SX...
All I want is the global windows, so is the MX OBD unit a prerequisite for this write?
Anyway, I connect, but I dont list a "central configuration" on the BCM...
And accessing this module (or any BCM module) doesnt give me any engineering 1 drop-down menu option.
Granted, Im pretty new to this OBD stuff...Ive read thru tons of forum posts though, tried the tutorial posted here...
Forscan is licensed with free 2 month extended license

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi all. So I've made several mods via Forscan to ACM and APIM but now I want to turn OFF the Climate Control icon on the Sync screen.
My AS BUILT for:
7D0-01-01 is 2328 4002 80E6
7D0-01-02 is 0028 1500 00A7

I was using the "Explorer" list to make my changes to get Travel Link and Data Services but can't figure out what to change to turn OFF the Climate icon. I keep bouncing between this board and Forscan.org with no luck.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Hi all. So I've made several mods via Forscan to ACM and APIM but now I want to turn OFF the Climate Control icon on the Sync screen.
My AS BUILT for:
7D0-01-01 is 2328 4002 80E6
7D0-01-02 is 0028 1500 00A7

I was using the "Explorer" list to make my changes to get Travel Link and Data Services but can't figure out what to change to turn OFF the Climate icon. I keep bouncing between this board and Forscan.org with no luck.
You may be stuck with it. Your config is already set to have them off based on the screengrab you sent. Since you're on 3.4, it's meant to run with newer VMCU software (+newer hardware). I have the same issue in my FE that I've made into a test car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You may be stuck with it. Your config is already set to have them off based on the screengrab you sent. Since you're on 3.4, it's meant to run with newer VMCU software (+newer hardware). I have the same issue in my FE that I've made into a test car.
Crap. Well I guess I'll stop messing around with it since I did accomplish getting the Travel Link App on it.

·
Super Moderator
1,718 Posts
I have an OBDLink MX on order, but Ive tried with my OBDLink SX...
IIRC the SX isn't compatible with Ford's Medium Speed Bus protocol- that might be causing you problems depending on what you're trying to access.

·
Registered
197 Posts
IIRC the SX isn't compatible with Ford's Medium Speed Bus protocol- that might be causing you problems depending on what you're trying to access.
I have a MX+ now....
And I can't seem to get anywhere

·
Registered
197 Posts
You seem pretty knowledgeable about Forscan...
I don't think I'm doing anything wrong (followed the pdf step-guide), but my 2019 just doesn't show the same data....?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
You seem pretty knowledgeable about Forscan...
I don't think I'm doing anything wrong (followed the pdf step-guide), but my 2019 just doesn't show the same data....?
I use the Ford tools myself.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Okay folks.... Good news. I PM'd the Forscan dev and he sent me a link to a test build with fixes for the 2019 (and probably earlier) model Escapes...

Initially had com errors, but after setting BT COM port speed to max (defaults 9600 baud lol!), all reading and writing functions went flawlessly...
And even better, after doing Bambi mode and global windows, I did NOT have any DTC's come up at all!

It lists 3 BdyCM module settings (one of which is of course the central configuration)
It's the only one I tested with...

So rejoice community!
Here is the software version I used...

Tested with OBDLink MX+ on 2019 Escape Titanium

·
Registered
197 Posts
Update...
I did have to clear an ABS error upon restarting..

·
Registered
197 Posts
For 2018 and 2019 Escapes

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had a 2017 Escape Titanium, and several years ago I was the one working with @Trash Hauler , and @johngriggs to get this Forscan working with the 2017+ FE.

Now, that car suffered an engine failure at 72K, but Ford stepped up to the plate, and made it possible for me to be driving a brand new 2019 Titanium, loaded!

In the time that's passed between the old and new Escapes, I've forgotten much of what we worked so hard on, so if you don't mind, it's gonna be me asking for help!

What I'm lQQking for is mostly to get rid of the "double honk". Global Windows, and Bambi would be great, but not critical. My car already has a Start-Stop defeat button (that works!), so that's not needed.

I already have @Trash Haulers How To, but before I pull the trigger, I would like to hear from someone with a 2019 Titanium that's done this mod successfully.

All help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Doc

·
Registered
197 Posts
I had a 2017 Escape Titanium, and several years ago I was the one working with @Trash Hauler , and @johngriggs to get this Forscan working with the 2017+ FE.

Now, that car suffered an engine failure at 72K, but Ford stepped up to the plate, and made it possible for me to be driving a brand new 2019 Titanium, loaded!

In the time that's passed between the old and new Escapes, I've forgotten much of what we worked so hard on, so if you don't mind, it's gonna be me asking for help!

What I'm lQQking for is mostly to get rid of the "double honk". Global Windows, and Bambi would be great, but not critical. My car already has a Start-Stop defeat button (that works!), so that's not needed.

I already have @Trash Haulers How To, but before I pull the trigger, I would like to hear from someone with a 2019 Titanium that's done this mod successfully.

All help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Doc
I've done Bambi mode and global windows using the test software (see link ^)...the only issue I ran into was that Windows defaulted my BT adapter COM ports to 9600 baud. Once I cranked them wide open, the writing went without a hitch.

I didn't see a central config option for the double honk...?
Do you remember what it might be labeled as on Forscan?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've done Bambi mode and global windows using the test software (see link ^)...the only issue I ran into was that Windows defaulted my BT adapter COM ports to 9600 baud. Once I cranked them wide open, the writing went without a hitch.

I didn't see a central config option for the double honk...?
Do you remember what it might be labeled as on Forscan?
@wungun, Thanks for the reply, sadly the mod that I really want the most is to get rid of the double-honk when you get out of the car while its running, and you have the key in your pocket. REALLY annoying, and between @Trash Hauler, @johngriggs and myself we managed to get it working on my 2017 FE, but the engine just blew, and Ford stepped up and made good on it with a new 2019. But it honks all the time! :mad:

Anyone????

·
Registered
197 Posts
@wungun, Thanks for the reply, sadly the mod that I really want the most is to get rid of the double-honk when you get out of the car while its running, and you have the key in your pocket. REALLY annoying, and between @Trash Hauler, @johngriggs and myself we managed to get it working on my 2017 FE, but the engine just blew, and Ford stepped up and made good on it with a new 2019. But it honks all the time! :mad:

Anyone????
Did you try the same technique with the 2019 as you did with the older Escape?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Did you try the same technique with the 2019 as you did with the older Escape?
No, it was a few years ago that I did it, with the help of @Trash Hauler , but have lost all of my notes. From what I remember, t was a mod the he needed a picture of my window sticker, and the As Built data file, and he could tell me what hex I needed to change. It was not just selecting something in Forscan and flashing it. More complex than that, and apparently @Trash Hauler isn't around too much anymore....

:^(

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Finally got around to enabling Global open/close on my 17. Ran into a couple issues dialing in the Forscan settings and the device manager settings. But once I was past that it went through the first try.

561 - 580 of 606 Posts