2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

581 - 600 of 606 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
No, it was a few years ago that I did it, with the help of @Trash Hauler , but have lost all of my notes. From what I remember, t was a mod the he needed a picture of my window sticker, and the As Built data file, and he could tell me what hex I needed to change. It was not just selecting something in Forscan and flashing it. More complex than that, and apparently @Trash Hauler isn't around too much anymore....

:^(
This disabled the double honk in my 2016 and my friend's 2013:

In BCM (BdyCM) module 726-01-01 xx*x xxxx xxxx: *new = *old - 8

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interesting. Open up BdyCM As Built and see how many lines are in it. The 17s and 18s only have 6 lines (726-01-xx through 726-06-xx). It’s possible that the 19s no longer use central configuration but more likely central configuration is a different format and FORScan hasn’t been updated to support the 19 yet.

Bob
So just to update, the new Forscan version does have BdyCM Main. I successfully enabled Bambi Mode on a 2019 FE Titanium. However disabling Auto Stop/Start is a different issue. Yes you can disable it (same procedure you laid out in Post #250). But, ABS Module Initialization/ Relearn Vehicle Data is missing. So you can't clear the usual ABS DTC that pops up when disabling Auto Stop/Start. For now I've re-enabled it and the DTC clears. Hopefully the next version has the Initialization/ Relearn option. Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Can someone comment...
There are, if I remember, a half a dozen options for DRL and lighting...

Is it possible to have it run DRL and the rear tail lights as well? Which setting?
Thanx

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just an update that I was successful in enabling Global Windows, Bambi Mode, and remove the dreaded "Double Honk" on my 2019 FE Titanium. No side effects so far, other than with the double honk removed and you left your car running (key is in your pocket) anyone CAN jump in your car and drive it away! I looked into a previous post mentioning another mod to solve this problem, but don't currently have access to the module I need to change it. It may not be accessible, since it's apparently for Police vehicles..

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just an update that I was successful in enabling Global Windows, Bambi Mode, and remove the dreaded "Double Honk" on my 2019 FE Titanium. No side effects so far, other than with the double honk removed and you left your car running (key is in your pocket) anyone CAN jump in your car and drive it away! I looked into a previous post mentioning another mod to solve this problem, but don't currently have access to the module I need to change it. It may not be accessible, since it's apparently for Police vehicles..
Good to know!
Are we sure not just anyone could jump in the car before and drive it away? Is the transmission normally locked or something?
Since most Escapes already have remote start, I don't think exiting your car while running will mean you're going back in the house or anything else that might put your car at risk of theft...?

Please share the mod you did, please...?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Good to know!
Are we sure not just anyone could jump in the car before and drive it away? Is the transmission normally locked or something?
Since most Escapes already have remote start, I don't think exiting your car while running will mean you're going back in the house or anything else that might put your car at risk of theft...?

I think anyone could jump in the car and drive it away but they will never be able to turn it off if the key fob is not in the car unless you do it remotely for them... :p

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think anyone could jump in the car and drive it away but they will never be able to turn it off if the key fob is not in the car unless you do it remotely for them... :p
Did you delete your post?
Don't wanna shared the double honk bit flip?

·
Registered
197 Posts
My Tapatalk acting up!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Good to know!

I don't know if before the mod you could just get out of your car while it's already running, get the double honk telling you that, and another person without a key could drive it. I never checked before I did the mod, and I don't care to go back. Keep in mind that my vehicle has the "Push Button" start, with the key in your pocket.

There's no way you could do it using the remote start, as you need your key for the dash to light up, and allow you to drive. Give it a try and report back!

I can assure you that after using this mod if you leave your vehicle while it's running, it will not double honk when you leave the vehicle, but it will chime in the interior of the vehicle twice.

I also confirmed that if you do leave the vehicle while it's already running, and leave the keys 30 feet away, anyone can hop in the car and drive!

I hope this information helps out the community!

Doc

·
Registered
197 Posts
I don't know if before the mod you could just get out of your car while it's already running, get the double honk telling you that, and another person without a key could drive it. I never checked before I did the mod, and I don't care to go back. Keep in mind that my vehicle has the "Push Button" start, with the key in your pocket.

There's no way you could do it using the remote start, as you need your key for the dash to light up, and allow you to drive. Give it a try and report back!

I can assure you that after using this mod if you leave your vehicle while it's running, it will not double honk when you leave the vehicle, but it will chime in the interior of the vehicle twice.

I also confirmed that if you do leave the vehicle while it's already running, and leave the keys 30 feet away, anyone can hop in the car and drive!

I hope this information helps out the community!

Doc
So exactly the same as the 2016...as shared in the link?

·
Registered
86 Posts
So exactly the same as the 2016...as shared in the link?
The person in the link I used and shared had a 2017 FE. Mine is a 2019, but the mod was almost exactly the same as when I did my 2017 before it blew up, so I tried it, and it works.

There are actually two mods stating different ways of adding/subtracting the hex values, but the link I shared above works fine on my 2019..

Good luck!

Doc

·
Registered
1 Posts
Start/Stop

Hi everyone! This is my first post here. Lots of great information on this forum.

I just wanted to share my success with disabling Start/Stop with Forscan on my wife's 2017 Ford Escape SE.

First, I've disabled it in the "BdyCM Central configuration (Main)". After doing so, a lot of DTC codes were thrown, as expected. After clearing all the codes, one was left - ABS U2300 (screenshot attached). My ABS dummy lights were also lit on the dash. This was also expected as explained by Forscan developers on their support forum here: "forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1932"

"... many modules (usually crucial ones like ABS, RCM, SASM, EPB, but sometimes also PCM and others) require special calibration/init procedure after some Central Configuration option related to these modules was changed. If a module requires the calibration/init procedure, the DTC U2100 "Initial configuration not complete" should be thrown. These calibration functions are added to Configuration and Programming section with name "Module reset/configuration". If U2100 is displayed and there is no init function in FORScan, please contact support."

I then ran "ABS module initialization/relearn vehicle data"(screenshot attached), in Forscan, which took care of the ABS DTC. I test-drove the car and it works as expected - the engine no longer stops at stoplights! The disable button on the center console does nothing now when pressed - it doesn't even light up. No DTC codes are present.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I read that, and would love to mod mine but at least for now Forscan doesn't have the ability to reset the ABS module to clear the DTC's from the mod on a 2019 (yet)...

·
Registered
197 Posts
I read that, and would love to mod mine but at least for now Forscan doesn't have the ability to reset the ABS module to clear the DTC's from the mod on a 2019 (yet)...
This is the beta version I posted of Forscan? The special one for 2019's?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just to add to this thread. I successfully did the following to a 2018 SEL Escape:

Bambi Mode
Disabled TPMS
Disabled Auto Start Stop (threw a ton of troubles, but they cleared up with the ABS relearn) Also verified a few months later that there were no DTC's.

Unfortunately that vehicle had the front end removed by a driver blowing a stop sign a few weeks ago :rolleyes:. So now I'm going to do the same to a 2019 Titanium Escape. I'll give it a shot tomorrow and post the results.
Hi

I do have a 18' Titanium and want to disable the tpms for winter since my steel wheels don't have them on. Can't find how to do it with Forscan anywhere. Can you help me please?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I wanna try this on the weekend...
Display individual tire pressures in the instrument panel

·
Registered
197 Posts
My Forscan doesn't show the module. Damn...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Having dumb problems with my first go at this and admittedly I'm a little non-savvy with Windows 10, been using mostly all iOS for quite a few years but....using a windows 10 tablet for this. I can scan the escape (its a 2016 SE), get all connected, it finds all the modules via the high and medium can bus switch, go into the main BdyCM Central Config, then it asks me to switch back to HS can. Then it wants to download the F1DT-14C097-AA.vbf calibration file which it does. It stops there asks me to copy it into C:\Users\Documents/CalibrationFiles/F1DT-14C097-AA.vbf then tells me with the red "X" me it has an error opening it thus cancelling the whole procedure. So I look in the users\documents folder and it is there but when I go back in it and reconnect to the car it seems to not be able to find it and tries to download it again, rinse and repeat. I'm missing something stupid I guess....lol

Update: after looking at some stuff....the file is compressed/zipped that I get sent. I attempted to unzip/compress it but it says the file is empty. Went back out to the car went through the process again, same result as in the first few tries above. Is there maybe a glitch with the file I'm getting sent to download currently?

581 - 600 of 606 Posts