2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

601 - 606 of 606 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Having dumb problems with my first go at this and admittedly I'm a little non-savvy with Windows 10, been using mostly all iOS for quite a few years but....using a windows 10 tablet for this. I can scan the escape (its a 2016 SE), get all connected, it finds all the modules via the high and medium can bus switch, go into the main BdyCM Central Config, then it asks me to switch back to HS can. Then it wants to download the F1DT-14C097-AA.vbf calibration file which it does. It stops there asks me to copy it into C:\Users\Documents/CalibrationFiles/F1DT-14C097-AA.vbf then tells me with the red "X" me it has an error opening it thus cancelling the whole procedure. So I look in the users\documents folder and it is there but when I go back in it and reconnect to the car it seems to not be able to find it and tries to download it again, rinse and repeat. I'm missing something stupid I guess....lol

Update: after looking at some stuff....the file is compressed/zipped that I get sent. I attempted to unzip/compress it but it says the file is empty. Went back out to the car went through the process again, same result as in the first few tries above. Is there maybe a glitch with the file I'm getting sent to download currently?
Looks like you are missing a folder with your Windows 10 username between Users and Documents.

The file location should look like this:

C:\Users\Username\Documents\CalibrationFiles\F1DT-14C097-AA.vbf

·
Registered
210 Posts
Looks like you are missing a folder with your Windows 10 username between Users and Documents.

Ok, very well could be. I'll give it a look. Thanks!! Like I said been a bit since I've had the "displeasure" of dealing with Windows and seem to have forgotten alot of simple things that I should know.

·
Registered
210 Posts

Actually that is all correct. User name is in there. Seems the zipped/compressed file I'm receiving is empty so it cant do anything with it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Never mind I figured it out. Went directly to the ford service website and downloaded the same file from there which was useable. Guess the one I was getting sent via the link Forscan was sending me to was no good. Had nothing in it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know if before the mod you could just get out of your car while it's already running, get the double honk telling you that, and another person without a key could drive it. I never checked before I did the mod, and I don't care to go back. Keep in mind that my vehicle has the "Push Button" start, with the key in your pocket.

There's no way you could do it using the remote start, as you need your key for the dash to light up, and allow you to drive. Give it a try and report back!

I can assure you that after using this mod if you leave your vehicle while it's running, it will not double honk when you leave the vehicle, but it will chime in the interior of the vehicle twice.

I also confirmed that if you do leave the vehicle while it's already running, and leave the keys 30 feet away, anyone can hop in the car and drive!

I hope this information helps out the community!

Doc
Has anyone tried the Secure Idle mod that is on the F150?
726-42-01x*xxxxxxxxxxSecure Idle Enable Cfg: 0=disabled, 1=enabled

My understanding is that this locks the shifter if the FOB is outside the vehicle... FWIW, it seems that as of 2018, F150s came with this enabled.

Al
2019 F-150, 2019 Platinum Escape

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone tried the Secure Idle mod that is on the F150?
726-42-01x*xxxxxxxxxxSecure Idle Enable Cfg: 0=disabled, 1=enabled

My understanding is that this locks the shifter if the FOB is outside the vehicle... FWIW, it seems that as of 2018, F150s came with this enabled.

Al
2019 F-150, 2019 Platinum Escape
I should have added that this change is in the BdyCM module for F150s.

601 - 606 of 606 Posts