2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Escape SE I3 & 2020 Titanium Hybrid
132 Posts
Sure, If you're willing to make the drive and I can take care of your car for a donation of your choice.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Exactly the same thing with my car, until I discovered the sensor not attached to the windshield.
You nailed it 360! Sensor wasn't in the holder properly. Hopefully it will work ok next time it rains.

Man is that cover hard to pull off lol

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yeah, I almost wonder if it's one guy in a factory that keeps forgetting or maybe just doesn't care or is disgruntled... But you should know that even on the highest setting it's not super sensitive.

Reactions: wiz043

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
You nailed it 360! Sensor wasn't in the holder properly. Hopefully it will work ok next time it rains.

Man is that cover hard to pull off lol
Great news 😊 but sad about poor Ford quality control as obviously yours isn't the only one with this issue however luckily in this case as it resulted in the solution. 🌝

·
Registered
132 Posts
To be fair, it's not a BIG deal...

·
Registered
86 Posts
K so i took out all that I think we don't need in there and ended with :

IPMA
706-01-01 XXXX-XXDB-XX
706-01-02 XXXA-XXXX-XX
706-02-03 F8XX-X8XX-XX
706-02-04 XXX8-XXXX-XX
706-02-05 X8XX-XXXX-X8
706-02-06 XXXX-XXX8-XX
706-04-01 FFFC-27XX- XX

APIM
7D0-01-02 XX4X-XXXX-XX
7D0-02-02 XBXX-XXXX-XX (A for vehicles without Flank guard sensors)
7D0-09-02 XXXE-XFXX-XD

IACC worked no problem. I wish it would read the "ahead" signs and start to decel at those so it is at the new posted speed limit when it gets to it, but i mean it's a first version of it, and it's better than nothing. I'm not 100% convinced it's not taking speeds from maps still. Twice today i had it hard decel to 60 from 80 with 0 signs in sight. (km/h)

Rain wipers: GOOD the ones on the F150 would freak out on the lowest setting, so the idea of dumbing down in the sensitivity in general is welcome :) I should be able to test it out tomorrow or the next day.

·
Registered
132 Posts
If you don't do the IPC stuff the IACC will work but it won't show the speed sign in the cluster and won't do overspeed warnings. (It just flashed the speed limit sign, not audible or anything.)

IPC:
720-09-01 XXXX-XXXX-8X
720-09-02 2XXX-XX (This was changed from 3XXX-XX, either value seems to work )

On mine, I noticed it won't start decelerating or increase speed until right after you pass the sign. That must be a really smart camera to be able to detect the speed sign and also the distance from it. Can you imagine the math involved?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I DO get that sign in the cluster with as built for my vehicle. CAN builds must be different.

One thing that also sucks in Canada, we have these things:

And it will of course set the cruise down to 50km/h when you drive by them. So I DO take back the thought it's using maps, this is clearly the camera seeing that sign. Kinda sucks

·
Registered
132 Posts
Good to know...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Rain sensing wipers: Turn switch to 1st intermittent setting, the harder the rain, the faster the wipers will wipe... At least that is how it is on my Cmax and my Dad's 15' edge sport

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Rain sensing wipers: Turn switch to 1st intermittent setting, the harder the rain, the faster the wipers will wipe... At least that is how it is on my Cmax and my Dad's 15' edge sport
Yep...that is how they are supposed to work but normally you have to have them on a high sensitivity setting to achieve this.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm not absolutely sure the sensor isn't dirty against the windshield. I might get the dealer to just replace it (the rubbery clear gel is dirty from it hanging NOT against the windshield)

It does work but I really want it to be factory clean. I find middle to next highest notch to be about perfect so far.
It's nice the system isn't as sensitive as the F150 was, that thing would go to high speed on the lowest setting, in rain that wasn't really coming down.

I've turned off intelligent cruise for now as well. There's too many signs it picks up, that aren't legit speed changes in my area unfortunately.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was able to turn on the IACC detected speed sign in the HUD as well:

7B2-01-01 HUD XXXX XXX3 43 -- US 2021 is 55 on the end instead of 43, I haven't tried that to see if it gives US sign yet.
7B2-01-02 HUD XXXX XBX8

It shows as a circular UK speed sign, but at least it's there.
I did try changing some values but couldn't get a US/CAN speed sign icon in the HUD.

It updates just like the one in the 12".

Example from Google:

·
Registered
132 Posts
As some of you may have seen, I successfully enabled ACC/LCA/TSR on my 2020 SE here's a full asbuilt mod list to enable both TSR/IACC and LCA.

Attachments

Reactions: KrS14

·
Registered
25 Posts
As some of you may have seen, I successfully enabled LCA and TSR on my 2020 SE here's a full asbuilt mod list to enable both TSR/IACC and LCA
What does the portion that says "edit for your VIN" do? I noticed its not listed on the separate thread for lane centering assist.

·
Registered
132 Posts
That’s only for if you’re adding adaptive cruise, if you already have adaptive cruise you can ignore it. Also, you only edit the sccm if you’re changing the buttons.

·
Registered
132 Posts
What does the portion that says "edit for your VIN" do? I noticed its not listed on the separate thread for lane centering assist.
Just to be more clear on this, my SE didn't even have adaptive cruise or NAV, so some of those values in a car with ACC/NAV are already there.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts