2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a new one for you guys lol Driving into work today I had android auto crash, didn't notice it right away but when I did, I replugged the USB-A and it came back like it always does when it crashes. Then 5 or so seconds later the car started freaking out with Adaptive Cruise not available / Forward Collision not available / Front Camera Fault Service Required.

When I got to work I shut the car off and opened the door to de-energize, sat for 30 seconds, started her back up and same warnings came up.

I'm sure this will be a dealer fix, but has anyone heard of anything like this happening? I didn't see any posts on the forum.

6k km on the car.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Nothing on/covering front of the radar, forgot to check the camera lol

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,014 Posts
A camera fault will cause all of those since it causes the system to "lose the horizon".

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll check the windshield when I go home. I'm just surprised I can't even use normal old cruise at all. Sucks. Might have to set it, and restart before it will let me.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
If I'm not mistaken you have to go into the options and disable adaptive cruise and lane keeping assistance to get basic cruise to work.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya I've tried that, no worky :( . Windshield was bare, so it looks like it's a failed camera or IMPB maybe. I'll read codes and email my service guy, they're already getting a rain sensor for me so they can hopefully do it all at the same time.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So the related codes were in IPMA:
U3000:42-68
U3000:44-68
U3000:49-AF

There were misfire codes for cyl 2 and 3 as well as general misfire. I've seen these before but just assume it's going to happen with the engine kicking on a fair bit (hybrid) I've never noticed a misfire at least while driving. I'll let you guys know the outcome, I've contacted my service guys.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hopefully Ford didn't start using the bottom feeder Chinese flash chips in their modules to offset the shortage.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The last code is for the BCM shutting down a module due to high current draw, the first two are general module fault codes that generally result from an IC going bad in the module.
Have you checked your fuses?

·
Registered
2020 Escape SE I3 & 2020 Titanium Hybrid
162 Posts
It's possible that it's heat sensitive.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
True cold solder joint will do that or something is expanding enough to short a component to ground.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts