2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, new around here. Just got my 2015 Escape a few weeks ago and been modding it ever since. Loving it.

I just have a question about the front emblem. Do I have to remove the entire upper grille to get at it? Is the center bolt the only one I need to remove the emblem? I think I can get to that one with the grille still on. Has anybody replaced their emblem? I searched a lot but couldn't find anything. Any help/tips would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I'm giving it a go tomorrow, I'll update here with my findings and maybe some pictures.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it done. They don't make it easy. Had to take the cover piece off, then a second piece behind the grille to get to it, then there are 3 bolts holding the emblem in. Was able to do it with with the grille still on. Unscrewed 'em, popped out the emblem, put the new one on, screwed the bolts on to it, put everything back together and there you have it. Like stock, but not.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Where did you get your replacement emblem? I have looked at the vinyl overlay style but haven't seen any full emblem replacements out there. Looks great by the way!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks guys!

There's a guy on Etsy who gets OEM emblems and hand paints them. Really high quality, looks factory and in real life looks way better than the picture on the listing. The listing says it's for F-150, but add a note to the purchase and be clear that it's for a Ford Escape and your year. Takes a week or more to get them, but worth the wait. I tried stick ones before, they look cheap. In my opinion, if you want a factory look, getting real emblems is the only way to go.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/253292910/2015-new-design-ford-95-inch-emblem?ref=shop_home_listings

·
Super Moderator
1,718 Posts
You used to be able to sand the back off the really old Ford badges- which removed the blue background and left the chrome bits (oval and Ford writing.) You could then paint them whatever background colour you wanted and stick them back on.

PS: Danimal, I admire all the effort you have put into blacking everything out.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,718 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got it done. They don't make it easy. Had to take the cover piece off, then a second piece behind the grille to get to it, then there are 3 bolts holding the emblem in. Was able to do it with with the grille still on. Unscrewed 'em, popped out the emblem, put the new one on, screwed the bolts on to it, put everything back together and there you have it. Like stock, but not.
Danimal,

i have been trying to this on my 2014 Escape myself as the shop quoted me CAD$ 252 for the job saying they had to pull the bumper down. i felt it was a rip off and tried to do it myself. I took out the 10 plastic tabs that hold the plastic cover with the hood cable off, then the 8 odd bolts that hold the top of the bumper to a plastic plate at the back of it and took the 2 bolts that further hold the plastic plate onto the car frame.

This is where it gets tricky for me, i fear i will wretch the plastic palte that is secured to the frame by the 2 bolts as there are 2 flexible plastic sheets that are slightly inside that hold the plastic PLATE for support. i can see the grille that has 3 more bolts holding another cross frame member and the 2 screws that hold the emblem. But i just cant seem to do it.

Any advise you'd like to share would be appreciative. Since you are the only person who has successfully done it so far and nothing available online.

Den

1 - 12 of 12 Posts