2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I do not think you will find "reproductions" (pics, PDF pages) of any manuals on this forum, they do a pretty good job of protecting intellectual property here. If/when you create original work of your own you'll appreciate that. Maybe a few things 'slipped through' in the early days of the forum and are buried here somewhere.

Paraphrasing (restating in your own words or format) the factual content of a manual does not violate a copyright; nor does clipping/posting short text excerpts (such as your asinine example) verbatim when they are not complete of the subject, but you must accurately cite the source document from which the excerpt is extracted.

Posting pics, pics of pages, PDF of pages, etc DOES violate a copyright because the copyright protects the "the way things are expressed", which includes the exact presentation, layout, format, etc of fact data.

Start here for more education https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-protect.html

"What does copyright protect?
Copyright, a form of intellectual property law, protects original works of authorship including literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works, such as poetry, novels, movies, songs, computer software, and architecture. Copyright does not protect facts, ideas, systems, or methods of operation, although it may protect the way these things are expressed."
Gee, thanks for googling info off the internet. You have no idea what my profession is so please get off your highfalutin soapbox. You sound ridiculous.

What's "asinine" (besides your rambling bombast), is you offering a three-step procedure for removing a '13-'15 grille when the redesigned 2017 front end is entirely different. Even you should know that.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The '17 front end is completely different from the '13-'16s.....don't think the procedure would be the same.....
It's not. Just by popping the hood you can see that.

The new black grille arrived yesterday but was damaged so they had to reorder another!

I removed it from the carton to confirm it's the correct grille, but I didn't remove the plastic until I got home.

Lesson learned. Maybe next weekend this will be completed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So were you able to replace the grille? Any pics of the process?

BTW what was the part number for the all black grille?
I asked the parts desk at my local Ford and they said "GJ5Z8200CB" however I think that's for the "High Gloss Black".
It's also $837 CAD..... so I'll probably wait for a '17 Escape S to end up in the local junk yard.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I was going to suggest PlastiDip also. SO much cheaper and from what I've seen, incredible durability. Looking on line, you can see people removing PlastiDip from WHEELS after 4 years and it looks virtually perfect before the removal. Trying to convince my wife to let me black out her 2017 FE. Don't think my Ruby Red 2015 would look quite as good blacked out.

·
Registered
686 Posts

The new black grille arrived yesterday but was damaged so they had to reorder another!

I removed it from the carton to confirm it's the correct grille, but I didn't remove the plastic until I got home.

Dare I ask, how much the part was? I think the Escape is ugly, and the reason is I hate chrome. I traded in my '04 BMW X3, no chrome anywhere on first year model - they added chrome later even to the kidney grill.
I'm anxious to hear how this works out.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I was thinking of doing that... any pics?

EDIT: Nevermind found your post. Looks fantastic!

Tried looking for the post that Merlin mentioned but did not find anything. Did you post any pics or instructions on how to remove the grille on the 2017?

Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would really like to know how to remove the front bumper /grille also. I have a 2017 titanium and was drilling the front plate rivets out and mess up one of the holes in my bumper. it is huge now. (the Hole) so any help would be greatly appreciated. Mike

·
Registered
706 Posts
I would really like to know how to remove the front bumper /grille also. I have a 2017 titanium and was drilling the front plate rivets out and mess up one of the holes in my bumper. it is huge now. (the Hole) so any help would be greatly appreciated. Mike
Not sure many people on here have removed it yet, but there is another thread about a Ford Raptor style grille that you should probably keep an eye on as someone might post a write up on how to remove the bumper/grille. Here is the link to that thread: http://www.fordescape.org/forum/ford-escape-reviews/94162-ford-raptor-style-grill.html

I've been trying to find out myself but all I've seen on YouTube is a Ford Fusion and older (pre '13 Escapes). I'm assuming the Fusion is similar but I just really want to know if I have to remove the entire bumper to swap out the grille, which looks like I might have to.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I like that grille ! (the raptor style) I was thinking of getting it for my escape but was wondering if the car would have a cel because of the active shutters in the grille? man I have a lot to learn. thanks everyone. P. S. thanks for the link.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I like that grille ! (the raptor style) I was thinking of getting it for my escape but was wondering if the car would have a cel because of the active shutters in the grille? man I have a lot to learn. thanks everyone. P. S. thanks for the link.
I truly don't think the shutters will be affected - they're behind the grill and in the bottom half I think. I will be getting the Raptor grill and plan to post a how-to. However, I have to wait a little bit to get it - hoping by Mid-October.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Front Lower Valence removal

Hope someone can help. I pulled the rear grey lower valence on my wife's 2014 Escape so that we could make it BLACK instead of battleship grey. It was easy. I want to do the same with the front lower part (held in by 6 nuts) BUT when I remove those nuts it seems firmly in place. Are there other serious connections or it is one of those Ford "pry it loose from the tabs" that always strikes fear that something will break :)

In short and minus humor, how do I remove it so it too can be black as she wants ?

THANKS

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,513 Posts
Hope someone can help. I pulled the rear grey lower valence on my wife's 2014 Escape so that we could make it BLACK instead of battleship grey. It was easy. I want to do the same with the front lower part (held in by 6 nuts) BUT when I remove those nuts it seems firmly in place. Are there other serious connections or it is one of those Ford "pry it loose from the tabs" that always strikes fear that something will break :)

In short and minus humor, how do I remove it so it too can be black as she wants ?

THANKS
I merged your thread with this existing thread. Have a look at post # 9 for instructions on how to remove the grill for your year of Escape. Have a look though the other posts as there maybe some other posts that could help you.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts