2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I would really like to know how to remove the front bumper /grille also. I have a 2017 titanium and was drilling the front plate rivets out and mess up one of the holes in my bumper. it is huge now. (the Hole) so any help would be greatly appreciated. Mike
I paid a dealer to remove the stock 2017 grille and install a black one. It took 2.5 hours though they charged me the estimated 3.5 hours ($455).

It required the entire front end removal (including the fender portion below headlamps) just to detach the factory grille from the body. No way I could've done it myself in a few hours.

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,513 Posts
I need to remove my front grill on my 016 ford escape se and helpful advice?
I merged your thread with this existing thread. There are other threads on removing the front grill, if you do a search.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So to someone who bought the black grille does anybody have a part number? I can only find the black grille with chrome bars part.

Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Front bumper and grille

Is it really that hard to change the grille in the 2017 ford escape titanium. I mean the whole thing really needs to come off? Ill a dealer do this?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I actually just replaced my grill on Tuesday. It's probably a 1-1.5 hour job removing the bumper and the same to put it back on. Add another 30 minutes to actually remove and reinstall the new grill. I did the job without removing the wheels. For removal of the bumper, on the first side I didn't even jack up the vehicle, but found it much easier on the other side with the vehicle jacked up so that the tires hung down.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Best Practices for Removing / Reinstalling 2013-2016 Lower Grill Pieces?

I was wondering if anybody had experience regarding the right order of steps to properly remove and reinstall the lower grill pieces on a 2013-2016 (pre-refresh) escape. That is, the left and right cover pieces and the center license plate mount.

I noticed that one of my fog lights would bend backward into my bumper with a very light touch, almost as if nothing was supporting it, where-as the other side was much more secure. I popped off the black cover above the lamp and saw what looks like a tab ontop of the light that isn't behind held by anything.

Originally, I thought the gap between the bumper and the light was damage, but the straight-cut portion of the bumper near the fog light's tab is intentional. It turns out what clips into the fog light's tab is a little "L" shaped piece of black plastic that's part of the side grill cover itself. In this photo, mine looks bent or broke off. I assume the previous owner of my car must have removed this trim piece before and broke it.

Here's a photo of the part (CJ5Z17E810BA) off Amazon. In this photo, the tab looks like it's kind of an "L" shape and should protrude far enough down to clip into the fog light.

Anyway, I have a new set of covers and also a center license plate mount coming in from eBay. I picked up one of these chrome-accent ones that normally go on a Kuga:

https://www.ebay.com/p/2013-16-for-...-Grill-Grille-Kit/3019675085?iid=273227774315

My questions are:

1) What is the correct order of steps for these side grill pieces to be installed? Should I try to get the little "L" tab connector seated into the fog lamp before pushing in the rest of the tabs around the perimeter? Or should I actually be opening my wheel well and moving the fog light aside before the install of the grill piece, and then attempt to pop the fog lamp's tab into the L-shaped tab of the now-installed grill piece?

2) Are there any special tabs to be considerate of for the middle trim piece where the license plate is screwed in? I read a post where somebody said there is one specific tab you need to detach first before you can pry it away, but it went into no other details. I could not find such a tab on my license plate mount, and it feels like it's held in place pretty firmly. I'm afraid to just yank it.

Thanks

·
Administrator
5,513 Posts
I was wondering if anybody had experience regarding the right order of steps to properly remove and reinstall the lower grill pieces on a 2013-2016 (pre-refresh) escape. That is, the left and right cover pieces and the center license plate mount.

I noticed that one of my fog lights would bend backward into my bumper with a very light touch, almost as if nothing was supporting it, where-as the other side was much more secure. I popped off the black cover above the lamp and saw what looks like a tab ontop of the light that isn't behind held by anything.

Originally, I thought the gap between the bumper and the light was damage, but the straight-cut portion of the bumper near the fog light's tab is intentional. It turns out what clips into the fog light's tab is a little "L" shaped piece of black plastic that's part of the side grill cover itself. In this photo, mine looks bent or broke off. I assume the previous owner of my car must have removed this trim piece before and broke it.

Here's a photo of the part (CJ5Z17E810BA) off Amazon. In this photo, the tab looks like it's kind of an "L" shape and should protrude far enough down to clip into the fog light.

Anyway, I have a new set of covers and also a center license plate mount coming in from eBay. I picked up one of these chrome-accent ones that normally go on a Kuga:

https://www.ebay.com/p/2013-16-for-...-Grill-Grille-Kit/3019675085?iid=273227774315

My questions are:

1) What is the correct order of steps for these side grill pieces to be installed? Should I try to get the little "L" tab connector seated into the fog lamp before pushing in the rest of the tabs around the perimeter? Or should I actually be opening my wheel well and moving the fog light aside before the install of the grill piece, and then attempt to pop the fog lamp's tab into the L-shaped tab of the now-installed grill piece?

2) Are there any special tabs to be considerate of for the middle trim piece where the license plate is screwed in? I read a post where somebody said there is one specific tab you need to detach first before you can pry it away, but it went into no other details. I could not find such a tab on my license plate mount, and it feels like it's held in place pretty firmly. I'm afraid to just yank it.

Thanks
I merged your thread with this existing thread that should help you out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2017 Ford Escape grille removal

I am attempting to replace my 2017 Ford Escape factory grille with an all black honeycomb grille. I can't find any videos or guides on how to do this myself. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks everyone.

·
Administrator
5,513 Posts
I am attempting to replace my 2017 Ford Escape factory grille with an all black honeycomb grille. I can't find any videos or guides on how to do this myself. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks everyone.
I merged your thread with this existing thread. There are posts in here on removing the grill form the 2017 Escape. You can also search the forum for other threads that discuss this. There is even a thread on the honeycomb grill.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m needing to replace the grill with a black honeycomb grill I bought. Does anyone have instructions on the removal and install of the new grill

·
Registered
1 Posts
I Just replaced the oem grill to a black grill.. it is a pain in the but!!! If you think That take the front bumper is the hardest part you are wrong,I found more difficult to remove the grill from the bumper itself..anyway I didn’t take pics or videos because I was frustrated with all the work but in the end it looks nice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can somebody help
Me out how to remove and reinstall front grill on my ford escape 2017 se? Can i see any videos for the same ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is replacing the grille on a 2018 the same as the 2017? That way I Can just follow all the ones in here already. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Is replacing the grille on a 2018 the same as the 2017? That way I Can just follow all the ones in here already. Thanks in advance
It should be. 2017-2019 Escapes had the same body style.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts