2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid Titanium
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to put on my new tags for my Titanium Hybrid, and I was really put off by the cheapness of the front plate bracket. It's held on by two screws at the bottom and there are two clips on the top that are supposed to latch into the grill, but mine don't latch at all, leaving the plate and bracket wiggling.

Do others have this problem (that the clips don't latch)?

It's not a reason to invoke the lemon law in my state, but really....

·
Registered
67 Posts
I went to put on my new tags for my Titanium Hybrid, and I was really put off by the cheapness of the front plate bracket. It's held on by two screws at the bottom and there are two clips on the top that are supposed to latch into the grill, but mine don't latch at all, leaving the plate and bracket wiggling.

Do others have this problem (that the clips don't latch)?

It's not a reason to invoke the lemon law in my state, but really....
Hi, I am having the same issue and have been looking for a replacement bracket. I have found a couple that may be compatible and eliminate the latches for the grill. This one states it fits , but I will have to take off the full bracket to be certain. I honestly don't want anything attached to the grill at all.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello..

The front license plate bracket is JUNK. The 'clips' that hold the bracket onto the grill do not stay latched. Anyone have any recommendations for a replacement that is both attractive (as they can be right? ) and doesn't cover up the grill and just attaches using the existing pre drilled holes? Sadly, I am in a state that requires front plates.

Thank you

I have found a couple online, but wanted to reach out to see if anyone has replaced theirs already with success

1 - 3 of 3 Posts