2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Escape SEL, 1.5L I3 DI FWD, Metallic Blue
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK.....I give up. Where are the holes for the front license plate? I am in Texas and we have to have one installed. I guess I have to drill my own??? Very strange!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you bought it in a location that requires a front plate, the dealer is required to provide you with the mount at no charge. If you imported it into a state that requires a plate, you'll need to buy the mount, or get creative. Part # LJ6Z-17A385-AB
$40 + install

·
Registered
2020 Escape SEL, 1.5L I3 DI FWD, Metallic Blue
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you bought it in a location that requires a front plate, the dealer is required to provide you with the mount at no charge. If you imported it into a state that requires a plate, you'll need to buy the mount, or get creative. Part # LJ6Z-17A385-AB
$40 + install
So I just drill the holes myself???? I would have thought that Ford would have put the holes there!!!!!
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So I just drill the holes myself???? I would have thought that Ford would have put the holes there!!!!!
Thanks for the info.
The front bracket connects to the bumper and grille, and has holes for the plate to attach.

·
Registered
2020 escape se awd
44 Posts
I just realized how old the license plate is. Are we seeing 30s, or 40s technology 80 yrs of states requiring plates. Why have we not come up with a better way! A small badge with a chip in it you could mount it elsewhere and a police car can scan and record. We are covering up a very pleasing grill IMO with a slab. Nuff said.:rolleyes:🤐 mike

·
Registered
126 Posts
Our Safety Camera Partnerships in the UK would not like the idea of vehicles not having front number plates. All speed cameras, fixed and mobile will trap speeding cars mainly from the front. By the time you see the camera, it;s too late unless you are on or under the limit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts