2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have a 2013 Titanium Escape. I enjoy this car immensely. It fits me and my personality. I have put 40,000 miles on it since buying it in Sept 2013.

I'm just now joining the forum because I've been recently challenged with Fuze#60 blowing (it's the one that controls the driver door window controls, interior lights and glove box lights). The dealer couldn't determine what the cause was. Maybe someone on the forum has experienced a similar issue.

Cheers from Southern AZ!
K

· Registered
3,677 Posts
I would start by watching this. It's not an exact match to your problem, but it does show some good procedures. Especially when he gets to the chaffed wires. Point being it really takes effort to track these kind of things down. Let's us know the outcome. Oh, and are you the original owner? Any mods?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb15sNNd-FY

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,
I have a 2013 Titanium Escape. I enjoy this car immensely. It fits me and my personality. I have put 40,000 miles on it since buying it in Sept 2013.

I'm just now joining the forum because I've been recently challenged with Fuze#60 blowing (it's the one that controls the driver door window controls, interior lights and glove box lights). The dealer couldn't determine what the cause was. Maybe someone on the forum has experienced a similar issue.

Cheers from Southern AZ!
K
I realize this is an older post, but was there ever a resolution found?

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 Ford Escape and Fuse #60 kept blowing and it would kill the engine, I could restart it and drive it, but I would lose my drivers window control console and courtesy lights. I called my mechanic and he told me that I should check the wiring that goes in the vanity mirror lights, sure enough, I pulled the visor off and the small red wire was bare and touching the frame causing a direct short. I separated the black and red wires and re-taped them, this fixed the problem. It took me less than 15 minutes to fix.

· Registered
1,294 Posts
#60? Good Lord!

Please tell me they started the numbering at 40 or something.

My wife's 1966 Austin Mini Moke has 2 fuses. Two. :)

· Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2015 Ford Escape and Fuse #60 kept blowing and it would kill the engine, I could restart it and drive it, but I would lose my drivers window control console and courtesy lights. I called my mechanic and he told me that I should check the wiring that goes in the vanity mirror lights, sure enough, I pulled the visor off and the small red wire was bare and touching the frame causing a direct short. I separated the black and red wires and re-taped them, this fixed the problem. It took me less than 15 minutes to fix.
I had the exact same problem with my Escape. Thank you. You saved me a lot of time.

· Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same problem with fuse #60. Driver window control and interior lights are not working. I checked the fuse and it appeared to be blown so I replaced it, but that didn't resolve the issue. Could someone walk me through how to check the wiring on the visor mirror?

· Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,964 Posts
Reactions: Ozekuga
1 - 11 of 11 Posts