2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in 2013 when I bought my Escape. I was getting pretty good mileage. 28kms / litre. After about 2,000 km on it I started seeing it go down. I asked service manager at City Ford why I’m getting less gas mileage. He asked how far I drive etc and I was going about 1/2 hour drive to work. He said and I Quote “ you have to drive at least 2 hours at appropriate speed to get a correct reading on gas mileage. I said so I have to burn more gas so I can get a good gas mileage??? Should I be taking the long way to work ??? It is now 2020 and live in the city. I have 110,000 kms on it now. New tires, battery,regular oil changes. The sensor for windshield washer don’t work, back hatch is rusting , paint peeling off, low tire sensors not working, hatch doesn’t close all the time.....but WORST of all I’m getting 5.8 kms/litre or 13 miles per gallon. Any tips? Other than you shouldn’t have bought a Ford? I realize cold weather and we burn winter gas right now...but really? ? Should it be that bad?

Jan

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
28 km / litre is an astounding 65 mpg, so that must be a typo.
short, city, stop and go trips are not good for mileage. and the car doesnt run efficiently when it is trying to warm up. so longer hwy drives would get better mileage, but no, dont take the long way to work. it doesnt work that way...

we have a whole sub forum for fuel economy, so i wont reiterate too much, but here it is for research.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
28 km / litre is an astounding 65 mpg, so that must be a typo.
short, city, stop and go trips are not good for mileage. and the car doesnt run efficiently when it is trying to warm up. so longer hwy drives would get better mileage, but no, dont take the long way to work. it doesnt work that way...

we have a whole sub forum for fuel economy, so i wont reiterate too much, but here it is for research.
Sorry typo for sure... It should have been 13-15 but now I’m down to 5.8 . This is city driving but Ford says it should be at least around 8-10.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts