2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
My Titanium AWD built in October 2020. Six weeks and about 2000 miles on the clock. So far everything is perfect, with the slight exception of the right turn signal can't decide if it wants to click fast or slow (BLINKS normal rate, all bulbs good).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Please tell me about the HUD. It seems every time I get in the vehicle I have to adjust the display to raise the image. Is this setting supposed to be saved by the memory settings?
Mine never moves - at least I have not seen it move. I told my wife she just needed to put her seat higher to see it. I guess wen need to do more testing with this. I did have to fine-tune the settings several times early on, trying to get the right balance between tall me and short wife. I also noted that it took a while for me to begin settling into the same seating position each time I got in the car (had to fiddle with the seat adjustments for a while too).

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
817 Posts
It's saved in the seat memory settings.
That said, if you use the remote start after you get in and hit the seat button you have to hit the seat button again if you did it before you hit the start button. (The HUD module isn't initialized until the start button is hit.
Default settings save under seat setting 1 and you can pair a remote to seat settings, after the car is running, with the doors locked and your seat settings selected hit the lock button on the remote once and then press and hold the SET button. That specific remote is now paired to that seat button selection.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's saved in the seat memory settings.
That said, if you use the remote start after you get in and hit the seat button you have to hit the seat button again if you did it before you hit the start button. (The HUD module isn't initialized until the start button is hit.
Default settings save under seat setting 1 and you can pair a remote to seat settings, after the car is running, with the doors locked and your seat settings selected hit the lock button on the remote once and then press and hold the SET button. That specific remote is now paired to that seat button selection.
I will have to test mine again, but this is NOT what I thought I saw initially. I was quite certain that my HUD settings were NOT changed by recalling the seat settings for either my wife or myself. But I will test it again and report back...

UPDATE: Confirmed, the HUD position settings ARE saved with the seat and mirror settings.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
817 Posts
Just remember that: 1) The engine has to be running and ready to drive (not just running under remote start waiting for someone to hit the button) when you commit the HUD and seat settings; 2) That the engine has to be running, ready to drive and the car in park when you hit the button you've saved under.
Yes, I know it seams "weird", but the driver's seat module and the driver's door module power up when the door is opened while the HUD only powers up in RUN just like the rear camera.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts