2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just love the Sport Appearance Package so much! Dammit! And it has the 2.0! Double dammit! Could not find a Lightning Blue, which was my first choice.

A used 2017 with 20,000.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E AWD
5,341 Posts
You only live once and you can't take it with you. Bet you can find that Lightning Blue with just a bit more diligence .... why compromise, you know you've earned it.

>:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Lightning Blue with the Sport Appearance package and a 2.0 is like finding a unicorn, lol. I looked everywhere for one and most of the lightning blues were the S model. About 99 percent of the Sport package escapes had the 1.5 as well.:( I did end up with a lightning blue sport package 2.0 and it was at a dealer about a mile from my house.:eek:

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lightning Blue with the Sport Appearance package and a 2.0 is like finding a unicorn, lol. I looked everywhere for one and most of the lightning blues were the S model. About 99 percent of the Sport package escapes had the 1.5 as well.:( I did end up with a lightning blue sport package 2.0 and it was at a dealer about a mile from my house.:eek:
You are so corrects about finding a unicorn! Most of them have the 1.5, which is a deal breaker for me. Why o why does Ford put 1.5’s in most of the Sport Package models is beyond me.

And then in Fords infinite wisdom, the 2018 SE doesn’t get the 2.0.

My first choice is Lightning Blue. Second is Ruby Red. Third is Canyon Ridge.

Trim level: SE is fine for me.

Must haves: 2.0 engine, Pano Roof, Sport Appearance

Would be nice to have: Leather upgrades, Sync 3 with large screen or Tech Pacage, Cold Weather Package, AWD

The Tow Package would be nice. If not included, I would add an OEM hitch. I’ve done it before and it’s not hard to do.
That reminds me, I have not seen a Sport Appearance Package with the black rear facia and a cut out for the tow package. Tasca parts does not list a black one with tow. Can anybody elaborate on this?

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You only live once and you can't take it with you. Bet you can find that Lightning Blue with just a bit more diligence .... why compromise, you know you've earned it.

>:D
On Cargurus I expanded the search radius to 200 miles (around DC area). No joy.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You are so corrects about finding a unicorn! Most of them have the 1.5, which is a deal breaker for me. Why o why does Ford put 1.5’s in most of the Sport Package models is beyond me.

And then in Fords infinite wisdom, the 2018 SE doesn’t get the 2.0.

My first choice is Lightning Blue. Second is Ruby Red. Third is Canyon Ridge.

Trim level: SE is fine for me.

Must haves: 2.0 engine, Pano Roof, Sport Appearance

Would be nice to have: Leather upgrades, Sync 3 with large screen or Tech Pacage, Cold Weather Package, AWD

The Tow Package would be nice. If not included, I would add an OEM hitch. I’ve done it before and it’s not hard to do.
That reminds me, I have not seen a Sport Appearance Package with the black rear facia and a cut out for the tow package. Tasca parts does not list a black one with tow. Can anybody elaborate on this?

I was in a similar situation as you. I wanted the 2.0, lightning blue, sport package and sync 3. AWD would have been nice but wasn't a big deal for me. My plan was to order a 2018 but I found out that the se was not available with the 2.0 so that began my search for a 2017. lol.

Can you even get a sport package that has leather seats? The sides of mine are, but the part that you sit on is not.

Another thing that I think is stupid about the escape is there is no physical difference between a vehicle with the 2.0 and the 1.5. On the fusion that I had, the 2.0 added a completely difference rear lower fascia with integrated flush mounted tips. That bumper was unique to the 2.0.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was in a similar situation as you. I wanted the 2.0, lightning blue, sport package and sync 3. AWD would have been nice but wasn't a big deal for me. My plan was to order a 2018 but I found out that the se was not available with the 2.0 so that began my search for a 2017. lol.

Can you even get a sport package that has leather seats? The sides of mine are, but the part that you sit on is not.

Another thing that I think is stupid about the escape is there is no physical difference between a vehicle with the 2.0 and the 1.5. On the fusion that I had, the 2.0 added a completely difference rear lower fascia with integrated flush mounted tips. That bumper was unique to the 2.0.
Totally get what you are saying. You may be correct about the all leather option. No big deal, I would gladly have custom leather put in (better anyway if you choose wisely, young Jedi) if I got everything else I wanted.

The one I test drove in the showroom.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So another question on top of my other question above. A little off topic but related to this situation. Will my 2013 roof rack cross bars fit a 2017 roof rack? If they do, I want to keep my cross bars if I pull the trigger on a 17.

·
Registered
71 Posts
So another question on top of my other question above. A little off topic but related to this situation. Will my 2013 roof rack cross bars fit a 2017 roof rack? If they do, I want to keep my cross bars if I pull the trigger on a 17.

Yes the cross bars will fit. I've been researching on trying to remove my roof rack and all years have the same roof rack or roof trim if the rack is not present.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Lol wait a minute...I thought you said a few times your '13 was your first and last Ford?

I gotta admit, even as a defector, the Sport package looks NIIICE. :D

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E AWD
5,341 Posts
Nope not available with full leather trim; FYI from the '17 SE 'Build / Order Guide' (emphasis added):

SE Sport Appearance Package (code 65Q; new for this model year)
• 19” Ebony Black-Premium Painted Aluminum Wheels (235/45R19 All- Season (A/S) BSW Tires)
• Beltline Molding – Black
• Front Fender – Black
• Headlamps – Halogen Projector with Black Bezels and LED Signature Lighting (LED Signature
Lighting (non-configurable) replaces the standard Configurable Daytime Running Lamps (DRL))
• Leather-Wrapped Gear Shift Knob
• Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
• LED Taillamps with Black Bezel
• Mirrors, Sideview – Gloss Black-Painted Caps
Partial Leather-Trimmed Sport Seat
• Roof-Rack Side Rails – Black
• Skid Plates – Front and Rear, Gloss Black-Painted
• Upper Grille – Gloss Black-Painted Bars and Plinth
Note: Not available with the SE Leather Comfort Package (66A)

>>>>>

Nationwide search quickly finds these blue with the sport package ...
very similar miles and price; 'fly and buy in Minnesota'?

an '18 AWD with only 3k miles at $22k; and ~50 miles from me, lol

Nothing like a little 'road trip' to realize your dream car :D

But yeah, it does seem to be a fairly limited combination .... IMHO even more reason to 'make it happen' >:D

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol wait a minute...I thought you said a few times your '13 was your first and last Ford?

I gotta admit, even as a defector, the Sport package looks NIIICE. :D
Haha. I’m so superficial. There just isn’t anything out there that looks this nice, at this price point and with the HP. IMHO.

But I do like the Jeep Cherokee, but that’s more like an Edge as far as price.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
I’m in my first Chrysler product in fifteen years, and so far it hasn’t impressed me with reliability. It almost needed a tow less than a week after I traded the Escape for it courtesy of a leaking coolant line.

Reliability stats for the Cherokee look pretty ugly, but of course that’s not always the complete picture. And just about everything is easier to work on than an Escape. I’m curious to know what you ultimately decide on. I’ve become a proud minivan dude after being spoiled with power sliding doors and a cavernous interior. :grin:

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks. Very difficult to find a 2017 with what I wanted. The only colors I was interested in was lightning blue and canyon ridge. My wish list was sport appearance package, 2.0 engine, pano roof and tow package. This one has all that and happens to be a titanium. A true unicorn, only a couple in the US. Only 7000 miles on her.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts