2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading on some older forums about global open not being activated on the Ford Escape. So I check today and noticed that it works on my new 17 titanium 4WD. Just hit the unlock button on the key Fob once and let go. Than hit the unlock button again and hold it down and all the windows roll down. Pretty cool of you ask me! Glad it's now activated.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Very nice. In many of the older threads we discussed the fact that the pano roof does not open during this operation. It does open with the windows on the Kuga model. Did yours?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I didn't even know that this was a thing, but my husband did it right away the day we took delivery....show off! :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No the vista did not open which is fine with me because I don't tend to you it that often. Was just glad to see that all the windows opened up and closed when I hit the lock button

·
Registered
36 Posts
Can"t seem to get this to work on my 2017. Do you have to activate this option somewhere in the setup menu?

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Just hit the unlock button on the key Fob once and let go. Than hit the unlock button again and hold it down and all the windows roll down.
Actually the procedure is to just hold down the unlock button for about 3 seconds, per Ford instructional video's. I have confirmed this on my 2013. But I have also done it the way your describing. So its probably just a timing thing.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Does not work on 2016 Titanium (sigh).

·
Super Moderator
5,944 Posts
Does not work on 2016 Titanium (sigh).

The 2013-2016 Escapes didn't have this feature. It had to be programmed using FOCCUS to work, which is discussed in another thread. Sounds like the 2017 came with it enabled.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Folks, I wish this could be definitively explained. My 2017, like several others have mentioned, cannot get this global open to work.
There is another thread just a week ago with a video, describing some of the problems. And SOME successes!

Why do some '17's work, others don't? I've tried every suggestion out there. Could it be the options installed?
Mine is 2017 Titanium 2.0L FWD, 301A package, pano roof, tow package, all 4 windows have "one touch" that works fine individually, but no "global open".
Any further insights?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Folks, I wish this could be definitively explained. My 2017, like several others have mentioned, cannot get this global open to work.
There is another thread just a week ago with a video, describing some of the problems. And SOME successes!

Why do some '17's work, others don't? I've tried every suggestion out there. Could it be the options installed?
Mine is 2017 Titanium 2.0L FWD, 301A package, pano roof, tow package, all 4 windows have "one touch" that works fine individually, but no "global open".
Any further insights?
I can tell you that it's NOT the options. I have pretty much the same options as you (except FWD, which should not matter for this feature) and it works on my 2017 FE. The only suggestions I have is to try the other key fob, if that doesn't work, maybe try going to the dealer for something and start up a conversation with a salesperson or service guy/gal to see if they know about and then mention your FE doesn't do it. Not sure if this is something that you would want to take into the dealer for repair as they seem to take long and will hold your car, maybe wait until it's time for an oil change and then have them look into it then.

Not sure if I had responded to you in the other thread but, did you try holding the button down for about 5 to 7 seconds? Mine seemed like it took longer than the 3 seconds before it actually starting rolling the windows down. I have not messed with any settings on my FE so anything that it does is presumably default from the factory or the dealer was playing with it during any previous showings of it before I purchased it (if any).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks again Canes and OT7,

So yes, I did try all your suggestions earlier. I've tried both fobs, tried single taps, double-taps, 1 second, 3 seconds, 7 seconds, 10 seconds!
I've tried with the rear windows locked vs unlocked. I've tried with security opening one door, vs all doors. Just doesn't work on mine.

Perhaps it got overlooked when the car was built and programmed? Or is it some user setting that I enabled / disabled along the way?
Or, is there some reason it is deliberately disabled by Ford? Wish we knew a definitive answer!

Sure, when I do the first oil change, I'll ask about it! It's not a deal breaker, but would be nice to work....... Will report back anything I find.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Thanks again Canes and OT7,

So yes, I did try all your suggestions earlier. I've tried both fobs, tried single taps, double-taps, 1 second, 3 seconds, 7 seconds, 10 seconds!
I've tried with the rear windows locked vs unlocked. I've tried with security opening one door, vs all doors. Just doesn't work on mine.

Perhaps it got overlooked when the car was built and programmed? Or is it some user setting that I enabled / disabled along the way?
Or, is there some reason it is deliberately disabled by Ford? Wish we knew a definitive answer!

Sure, when I do the first oil change, I'll ask about it! It's not a deal breaker, but would be nice to work....... Will report back anything I find.
Please perform one last test. Go to each window and perform the one touch up and one touch down operation. Do all 4 do this flawlessly?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Please perform one last test. Go to each window and perform the one touch up and one touch down operation. Do all 4 do this flawlessly?

Wow good thought! What made you think of that? When I get my escape back from warranty service I'll have to see if this is the case. Maybe I need to reset the bounce-back feature first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks Hayai,

Tried your suggestion, all 4 "one touch" working perfectly at each door, and at driver side control. Still no "global open".

This may be a bit of a stretch, but I notice that AWD owners all seem to be reporting success. It's the only thing different from mine that I see in the comments.
Does anyone with a 2017 FWD see it working in "global open" ?

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Wow good thought! What made you think of that? When I get my escape back from warranty service I'll have to see if this is the case. Maybe I need to reset the bounce-back feature first.
Whenever I disconnect my battery it wipes the volatile memory of my window modules. So I have to reinitialize each window every time for one touch. Otherwise my global won't work. It's funny, many folks have had their battery disconnected with no ill effects to the window modules.

Electrically speaking, these cars are crazy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
1 - 20 of 63 Posts