2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Works on my 2017 Escape SE with 210A pkg. Takes longer than the 3 seconds before it actually starting rolling the windows down.
I think you meant 201A, anyway my work vehicle is 2017 with 201A and this does not work on the SE but it does work on my titanium. When it goes back in for service I am going to ask about this not working. I know the ford app starts the car, lock's and unlocks, I wonder what gives on the SE. the SE is FWD and 1.5 ecoboost.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think you meant 201A, anyway my work vehicle is 2017 with 201A and this does not work on the SE but it does work on my titanium. When it goes back in for service I am going to ask about this not working. I know the ford app starts the car, lock's and unlocks, I wonder what gives on the SE. the SE is FWD and 1.5 ecoboost.

Yes 201A.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
If I'm not mistaken in order to use the global open feature you have to have the intelligent access key fob. I dk if the physical keys work for this or not. And maybe it's just setuotk work on the Titanium's. I'm not exactly sure. I just know that I read about it not being enabled on the oldest ones so o tried t and it worked the 1st time. I've used it a few times this summer with this hot weather. Just to air it out some

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have a 2017 FE SE 1.5L and can confirm that global open does in fact work on this model. I have 201A and keys - no fob.
do you have factory remote start? or aftermarket? if any please

My work vehicle went in this morning and I gave them this complaint also as it does not work on mine with 201A, but I think its related to them installing aftermarket remote start that I did not want and sales person assured me one key with key (now I have 2, a key and a remote start button), and service said I needed factory remote start for that, so I said talk to sales person then, that is what i was promised. I also believe that is why this is not working on my FE with 201A.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a 2017 FE and I don't see a 201A package in any of Ford's literature. I see a 300A and a 301A. I have the 300A with Nav but cannot get global open/close feature to work on mine.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have a 2017 FE and I don't see a 201A package in any of Ford's literature. I see a 300A and a 301A. I have the 300A with Nav but cannot get global open/close feature to work on mine.
201A shows up under the SE model (not Titanium or S model). Have you tried holding down the button longer than 3 seconds?

Someone earlier had said they could not get it to work after trying all suggestions and they had pretty much everything in their FE that others who had success had. Maybe they just didn't get programmed somehow in every FE that was supposed to have it.

I would try and reply to the Facebook post that Ford had showing the video of the option working and maybe ask if there are any limitations as far as options go (Or maybe contact them through their social website). Either way, you can always ask Ford Service if you ever bring it in for something soon. Although, from what I've read here, they seem to be oblivious to some things that are new on the 2017 (maybe lack of training?). Not even sure if this is new to 2017 though.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I heard from my work ford dealer and they said 2017's SE with 201A do not have this option (you need titanium), as we know 2 posted here saying do so far here and one titanium saying they don't have it. It must be one person on the line installing these for SE and titanium's and if you get them you have it and if not your out of luck.

Of course my work FE SE sales person lied to me also on the remote start, he went to verify with someone else that day a few times so either he just lied or someone else knows nothing, of course it could be both or many. Just glad I did not purchase my personal titanium from them!
I put a call into him and guess what, no call back! But they call back within an hour before you buy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So, a further update for the Forum, I've been trying to find answers for the last week.

I initially discussed / asked about the "global window feature" with my dealership (Florida), with the "In Vehicle Tech center", and "Customer Relationship Center".
Not one of them knew what I meant by global window open, until I explained it to them! So, apparently they don't specifically refer to this feature in those words.
But, they get it...... and they all checked up on it, and could not come up with whether or not it is supposed to be there or not. Rather puzzling. The feature appears to be disabled on my vehicle.

Bottom line, I have to take it into the dealership next week, where their service "IT guy" will run diagnostics. This is just not a familiar feature, or problem, to them!
My vehicle's build date is June 2016 --- there was a recall for some window issue for 2017 Escapes prior to May 12, not sure if any of that is related or not. Will report back.

·
Registered
725 Posts
So, a further update for the Forum, I've been trying to find answers for the last week.

I initially discussed / asked about the "global window feature" with my dealership (Florida), with the "In Vehicle Tech center", and "Customer Relationship Center".
Not one of them knew what I meant by global window open, until I explained it to them! So, apparently they don't specifically refer to this feature in those words.
But, they get it...... and they all checked up on it, and could not come up with whether or not it is supposed to be there or not. Rather puzzling. The feature appears to be disabled on my vehicle.

Bottom line, I have to take it into the dealership next week, where their service "IT guy" will run diagnostics. This is just not a familiar feature, or problem, to them!
My vehicle's build date is June 2016 --- there was a recall for some window issue for 2017 Escapes prior to May 12, not sure if any of that is related or not. Will report back.
Someone started another thread to give a heads up that the recall fix for the window issue disabled his ability to use the Global Window feature. What I think of when I hear this and what I believe they were talking about is the feature where you can open all of the windows using your key fob when away from the vehicle.

Their build was within the recall window and they had the ability to use Global Open Window before they took it in to the dealer to get the recall fix. They weren't positive but were going to follow up with the dealer and others were going to chime in after taking theirs in for the fix as well.

Here's the thread: http://www.fordescape.org/forum/tsbs-recalls/70762-psa-2017-recall-16c12-may-break-global-open.html

·
Registered
9 Posts
OK, thanks Canes, yes, I posted in that thread also, watching it too. I feel like I'm more knowledgeable about the problem, and the attempted fixes than my Service guy! ;o)

You know how it goes, they have to check to make sure you aren't overlooking something, follow their standard procedure.
But I was a little surprised that they all seem so unaware of this feature. I thought it was around for a while now. And Ford doesn't seem to highlight it as a marketing point.
Sure would come in handy here in Florida!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Doesn't work w/ my 2017 w/ equipment group 200A, it it only Titanium ?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Doesn't work w/ my 2017 w/ equipment group 200A, it it only Titanium ?
From what everyone has posted, it seems like it is only working on 2017 if it was built before a certain date (might be late May or something like that). If you just purchased your FE recently, I'm assuming the build date is probably pretty recent.

There is a recall named "Power Window Configuration" (recall #16C12 ), people are saying that if you take your car in for this recall, it will remove the option of Global Open. The recall description doesn't mention this but some have noted that they had it before they took their cars in for the recall and now they no longer have that feature. Kind of weird since Ford advertised it on their Facebook page as a cool feature.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It's been 6-7 months on this thread. Have any more people asked their dealers about this during regular service? The only excuses given were for a third party remote starter and due to needing a titanium model which of course are false as we've seen. I know it's been cold out but it's starting to warm up again. Where's the fix?! It doesn't work on mine.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
The only excuses given were for a third party remote starter and due to needing a titanium model which of course are false as we've seen.
Well, as long as you have one touch up and down on all your windows. Not sure if 2017 Titanium trim is the only way to get this first step.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have a 2017 Titanium. Built June of 2016. I have all windows one touch up and down, no Global Open. I tried everything. All I notice is if I hold the button it makes the parking lights stay on. A little disappointed since its going to be getting warm out and getting in a hot vehicle. Anyone find out if it can be turned on ? I tried resetting the windows thing, and everything posted how to get it to work. No luck.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have a 2017 Titanium. Built June of 2016. I have all windows one touch up and down, no Global Open. I tried everything. All I notice is if I hold the button it makes the parking lights stay on. A little disappointed since its going to be getting warm out and getting in a hot vehicle. Anyone find out if it can be turned on ? I tried resetting the windows thing, and everything posted how to get it to work. No luck.
I think your build date is already past the time frame where they were including it in the FE. Once they put out the recall (or shortly before), I'm assuming they started to not include that on the FEs coming off the production line and don't think there is a way to have your FE do the global open thing.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I think your build date is already past the time frame where they were including it in the FE. Once they put out the recall (or shortly before), I'm assuming they started to not include that on the FEs coming off the production line and don't think there is a way to have your FE do the global open thing.

I called my dealer service department earlier. I asked the service manager about it. He said exactly the same thing. He said about what I read to with a recall and when members got their older escapes back they found out Global Open didn't work anymore. He said ......... It is no longer a feature and Ford had them disable it for safety reasons. I asked him if it can be turned on, and basically got a "no". I'm not sure if he said the option was removed from the programing or not, but they wont mess with it cause it came from Ford to eliminate it.

So for the heck of it I called another dealer ........ Explained it to the service rep. She seemed lost. She kept telling me how to do it, told her I know how, but its not enabled to work can it be activated by a tech in the service department. She was lost and just said again I have to activate it, "hold the unlock button for 5 seconds" etc....... Told her that don't work the feature is not available. She kept insisting it should work especially on the Titanium. Finally she said its under warranty, bring it in Tuesday morning, they will look at it and see if they can find out why it don't work.
I'm not sure if I should even go cause she didn't know what I was telling her, and if they have a tech start screwing around and messes something up I don't want to cause problems. Not sure if I should go or not.

Can it be turned back on ? I can't remember but from my dealer the impression I got was it's no longer an option to even turn on or off, it's been removed from the software.

I'm not to disappointed cause I guess when its really hot I can use the remote start to cool it off, it's just a little disappointing because I looked at 2105 and 2016 FE's and liked the old Ford Mytouch, and all the features so I figured the 2017 will be newer and better but finding out a lot of things have been eliminated from the 17's. Vehicle Health Report, tons of voice commands, cant change background on Sync 3, voice command climate control, global open, etc........

Not sure if I should let that other dealer mess with it or not.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I'm not to disappointed cause I guess when its really hot I can use the remote start to cool it off, it's just a little disappointing because I looked at 2105 and 2016 FE's and liked the old Ford Mytouch, and all the features so I figured the 2017 will be newer and better but finding out a lot of things have been eliminated from the 17's. Vehicle Health Report, tons of voice commands, cant change background on Sync 3, voice command climate control, global open, etc........

Not sure if I should let that other dealer mess with it or not.
I wouldn't try to get the dealer to do it as it is not an available option for them.
FWIW Remote Global Open/Close was not available from Ford on the '13-'16 either, it was only able to be enabled by re-writing the BCM with Forscan/FoCCCus based on Euro specs by the owner. This may again be do-able on the '17s if/when we get access to updates on these software bits.

Reactions: dannyg

·
Registered
103 Posts
I wouldn't try to get the dealer to do it as it is not an available option for them.
FWIW Remote Global Open/Close was not available from Ford on the '13-'16 either, it was only able to be enabled by re-writing the BCM with Forscan/FoCCCus based on Euro specs by the owner. This may again be do-able on the '17s if/when we get access to updates on these software bits.
It's just odd and misleading because when you enter you're vehicle specs into their online user guide it seems to indicate that global open/ close is available. I mean if it's never supposed to have been enabled on the 17's and never enabled on earlier models, why would they ever say it was an option. Dumb. And no reason global open couldn't still be available at least if it's a safety concern with closing. I mean c'mon FORD.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts