2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Escape S 2.5L (Frosted Glass Metallic)
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SYNC version in my 2013 Escape is listed as DG1T-14D544-AC. How does one tell which version of Gen1 SYNC this is? Like 4.1.2 (orig) vs 4.4 vs 4.6 (current) etc. Why isn’t the more user-friendly, layman’s nomenclature used? Trying to update via download/USB stick. Haven’t been able to find a chart anywhere to clarify

·
Registered
744 Posts
My SYNC version in my 2013 Escape is listed as DG1T-14D544-AC. How does one tell which version of Gen1 SYNC this is? Like 4.1.2 (orig) vs 4.4 vs 4.6 (current) etc. Why isn’t the more user-friendly, layman’s nomenclature used? Trying to update via download/USB stick. Haven’t been able to find a chart anywhere to clarify
Refer message #16 here and possibly subsequent messages..apparently it is v4.1.2.

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
Two ways. Go to setting and general and somewhere there should be a screen that will tell you Sync version and perhaps build. Sync 1 is small screen. Sync 2 or MFT is large screen. Sync 3 started with 2016 MY .

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, the tech told me to get SYNC version by going to...
Menu button > SYNC > Sys set > Advance > Sys info > Fpn > #
...which is where i get the long # i posted (not 4.1.2 etc). There’s no “setting” & “general” menu options

Two ways. Go to setting and general and somewhere there should be a screen that will tell you Sync version and perhaps build. Sync 1 is small screen. Sync 2 or MFT is large screen. Sync 3 started with 2016 MY .

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Been working on this for 3 days, since i’m not near a dealer. Got the install pkg loaded on a properly-formatted USB drive per website & technical sup’t center, just can’t get the car to recognize & run it. Even ran the car (2013 Escape) for an hour trying to do so, per technician’s request 30min-1hr. Still stuck on v 4.1.2. Anyone successful going the USB route? Very aggravating after so much time online & on phone...

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
No, the tech told me to get SYNC version by going to...
Menu button > SYNC > Sys set > Advance > Sys info > Fpn > #
...which is where i get the long # i posted (not 4.1.2 etc). There’s no “setting” & “general” menu options
Sorry. Been too long since I had my 2013 and MFT. Concept should be same. The version you gave should be on the screen somewhere. I always had difficulty finding it. If not there go to your my owner page.

·
Registered
744 Posts
@KyleEscape...like I said, according to research DG1T-14D544-AC relates to version 4.1. 2. Is there an 'about' section on your advanced settings anywhere, separate or within system info?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, i saw that, & thats what i’m going with; there is nowhere else it is listed, or where it would be intuitively listed. The Ford rep on phone said once it is updated the long alphanumeric combo i am seeing would be replaced by “4.6”, but i’ve been trying for 3 days to get it updated via USB with no luck, following Ford instrux to the T

@KyleEscape...like I said, according to research you have version 4.1. 2. Is there an 'about' section on your advanced settings anywhere, separate or within system info?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Yeah, i saw that, & thats what i’m going with; there is nowhere else it is listed, or where it would be intuitively listed. The Ford rep on phone said once it is updated the long alphanumeric combo i am seeing would be replaced by “4.6”, but i’ve been trying for 3 days to get it updated via USB with no luck, following Ford instrux to the T
https://www.reddit.com/r/Ford/comments/4fhpx3 Don't know whether you would like to try downloading these files after the 'edit' on a new USB stick and give it a try. Apparently worked for this guy who was previously having problems like yours.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats the same compressed file i’ve pulled down sev x, unpacked, & installed on 2 diff correctly formatted flash drives. There are no “.ds” files. Thx tho
Don't know whether you would like to try downloading these files after the 'edit' on a new USB stick and give it a try. Apparently worked for this guy who was previously having problems like yours.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually, i pulled them down & those linked files are from 2016 (the latest on Ford site are from 2019) & contain 2 fewer “SyncMyRide” files, so they seem outdated
Don't know whether you would like to try downloading these files after the 'edit' on a new USB stick and give it a try. Apparently worked for this guy who was previously having problems like yours.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Actually, i pulled them down & those linked files are from 2016 (the latest on Ford site are from 2019) & contain 2 fewer “SyncMyRide” files, so they seem outdated
Looks like you have tried everything. Have you tried a factory reset of your sync before you attempt the USB update?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, i finally got SYNC Gen 1 updated to 4.6, but it is not listed as such (as promised by tech); it is listed as GG1T-14D544-AB. At least its updated...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, just in case anyone comes across the problem here, as documented on many of the Ford (your model here) SYNC forums:

Get this: you dont run the update like Ford Owners website says to (automatically via USB, with car running for 30-60 mins) at all! You run it manually via “Install Applications” which is via Menu Button>SYNC>Sys Set>Advanced menu. I only found this out via a Focus SYNC forum - how can Ford not have this info & not post it?!? I wasted many hours & much gas trying to do it per their posted instrux, whereas this very simple approach took 5-10 mins w/out running the car (per their insistence), yet no mention of it on their Owners/SYNC Support site. Just WOW...

·
Registered
744 Posts
Well done... GG1T....AB relates to version 4.6 but does not show up as such which makes it very difficult to establish what version you have as you have stated. Why are Ford so unkind... 😖 😖 😖.
With sync3 for instance the file is JRT.... whatever, but it is listed as vers. 3.0 on the menu settings screen.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Been working on this for 3 days, since i’m not near a dealer. Got the install pkg loaded on a properly-formatted USB drive per website & technical sup’t center, just can’t get the car to recognize & run it. Even ran the car (2013 Escape) for an hour trying to do so, per technician’s request 30min-1hr. Still stuck on v 4.1.2. Anyone successful going the USB route? Very aggravating after so much time online & on phone...
One thing you must do is make sure youR USB drive is formatted to FAT32. It can't read other formats. Also I believe it has to be 32gb or less. it's the older system.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One thing you must do is make sure youR USB drive is formatted to FAT32. It can't read other formats. Also I believe it has to be 32gb or less. it's the older system.
Yeah that wasnt the issue, as mentioned prior. Issue was that Ford posts instructions that don’t seem to work for anyone, & there’s a (quicker, easier, & much less complicated) method they don’t post at all. Mind-numbingly inexplicable...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts