2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that both of my headlights are fogging up at the bottom. Looks like this is a defect on all Escapes

·
Registered
447 Posts
I noticed that both of my headlights are fogging up at the bottom. Looks like this is a defect on all Escapes

View attachment 78682
Had a '99 Cougar that did that-passenger side, too! There is a bad seal between the housing and the lens, and is a material and safety defect. It should be covered under your 3/36000 bumper-to-bumper warranty.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
722 Posts
Our's doesn't do that.
The headlamp assembly has a bad seal on it or one of the rear rubber caps is missing..

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It's not very noticable but I would bring it up with service but since both fog up at the exact same place and just the lower part I have suspicion it's a design flaw.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Is there a chance that what you're seeing from that angle is the DRL strip?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I do not know if there is anything abnormal about your situation - our humidity is so low out here I doubt if fogging would ever be an issue. But I do note that there is a rather detailed section in my 2020 manual that describes "normal" headlight fogging. Rather odd for them to document the issue if it was not really to be expected. Maybe this is predominately to enable them to deny warranty claims, but that would seem a little far fetched. You might want to check that out to make sure your issue is beyond what they describe before you push your dealer to fix it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Fogging vs condensation.
It is possible that the LED headlamps might have routine fogging due to whatever extra ventilation they require.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there a chance that what you're seeing from that angle is the DRL strip?
No, it's quite clear that drl strip is right below and behind the fog line

·
Registered
13 Posts
your dealer may just replace the lamp but the warranty information the dealer has states that fogging up isn’t a warrantable issue until there is droplets of water on the inside of the lens or puddling water in the bottom of the lamp. There’s breathable gortex patches on the headlights and if it works like it should the moisture should dissipate. I’m just telling you what the manual says that dealers go by on what’s covered and what’s not and fog isn’t covered but like I said you can take it in and they may go against protocol and just order a new one.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I read about that and I understand some fogging is normal hence my initial suspicious that it's by design and all Escape exhibit this. If there was random fogging on each lamp or it varied I would be concerned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts