2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I’ve had my 2017 For Escape Titanium for about 6 months.
About a month after I bought it my passenger low beam headlight went out. We replaced it and the driver side light just to be safe. About a month later the driver side headlight went out! We replaced it as well. It’s been about a month since then and driving home tonight I notice my passenger low beam headlight is OUT AGAIN!! There’s clearly something else going on. Anyone had similar issues? What should I check? Thanks for the help!!!

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
I would check your fuses. Maybe one of the fuses are bad or is about at the end of it's life.

Reactions: wiz043 and SJR20

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
818 Posts
Assuming you don't have HIDS here...

Fuses won't magically repair, so if you're just changing out bulbs to get things working...

Things to look at: 1)Brand - eBay 9005s that are non-standard 5000k-6500k are not known for their life expectancy; 2) Do you see a blown filament in the bulb or? If you don't, check the bulb with a multi-meter, 3) if the filament is blown this can be a case of handling it wrong, simple oil from a fingerprint can cause a bulb to pop because one side heats differently, clean it with alcohol before you put it in and use a pair of latex gloves, 4) the BCM could be seeing a low current draw and turning off the bulb (people who put in aftermarket HIDs and LEDs run into this a lot if they don't support CANBUS), this can be caused by a bad connection at the bulb or at the wiring harness to headlamp housing connector.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
As stated make sure you are buying the correct bulbs and replace relevant fuses as whilst they may look ok often they can work initially but fail when they heat up due to being faulty.

Reactions: SJR20

·
Registered
1 Posts
SJR20 if you find out the answer to your headlight problems please let me know because I have the exact same problem. It is always the low beam sometimes it’s the one on the passenger side sometimes it’s the one on the driver side but I had my car to Ford today and they replace the drivers side bulb this makes the sixth time I have had my car to Ford and they have no idea what’s wrong with it or how to fix it. So if you find out please let me know.

·
Registered
2014 Ford Escape Titanium 2.0 AWD
12 Posts
Depending on how much you drive and the bulbs you use it could just be that they're wearing out, the Sylvania SilverStar Ultra are only rated for 200 hours of use. So depending on exactly how much you drive and also depending on whether or not you have daytime running lamps and what that setting is on your car it could just be that they're wearing out. I drive for Uber in my 2014 with standard halogen bulbs and I have to replace my headlight bulbs about every 3 months but I drive at night and have my daytime running lamps set to off so on the occasions and I am driving during the daytime I'm not eating into my lifetime of my bulbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts