2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can't find this info anywhere...I'm considering a 2020 Titanium and trying to decide if I want to pay the $2,000 for the heads-up display and sunroof.

I had a very similar heads-up display in a Mazda, and it read speed limit signs in real-time and projected the speed limit onto the display. It was incredibly helpful and useful.

My local dealer doesn't have one in stock for me to look at.

Does the Titanium display have this? I've seen no pictures or video with it.

Edit - checked the manual - it does. Will leave the post in case others search for same info.

Edit2 - the HUD does NOT have speed limit info. That actually appears in the dash cluster (which isn't much help since the HUD is there to avoid taking eyes off the road)

·
Registered
46 Posts

here are some pics of what the hud looks like on (this is parked in a garage in “setup mode” to show all portions active. It’s hard to photograph from any angle except straight on, and so having my wife take a pic of it while I’m driving wouldn’t be safe. Hope this is helpful.

also, FYI, the speed limit that shows in the dash is based on the mapping software Ford uses. Not based on the car’s image processing. one of the streets near my house shows up on every GPS as 40MPH, but the signage along the street and printed on the pavement is 35. The car shows 40.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same dash content menu. In the manual (page 136), speed sign recognition is supposed to be an option for the HUD, but it's not a choice in the dash menu. Speed Assistance is for cruise control I wonder how that would be updated, if ever? It would be hugely useful to have the speed sign near the traveling speed in the HUD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts