2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Cześć, świetna robota, chciałbym zrobić podgrzewane kierownice jak ty, nie mogę nigdzie dostać tej sprężyny zegarowej na moją ucieczkę z forda 14 lat, czy masz jakieś informacje, gdzie ją kupić, resztę mam już zdjęcie sprężyny i tego, co już kupiłem.

Mod edit to add this outcome from translator: Hi, great job, I would like to do heated steering wheels like you, I can not get anywhere this clock spring for my escape from ford 14 years, do you have any information where to buy it, the rest I already have a picture of the spring and what I have already bought.

Automotive design Motor vehicle Rim Steering part Automotive wheel system

· Registered
1,294 Posts
Wish I learned Polish when I was a kid. Went to the Polish delis in Worcester, MA on Saturday. Stocked up on pierogi. :)

· Registered
2,866 Posts
Wish I learned Polish when I was a kid. Went to the Polish delis in Worcester, MA on Saturday. Stocked up on pierogi. :)
He is trying to find a clock spring for a heated steering wheel for a 2014 Ford Getaway. He has the wheel already.

Reactions: PaulOinMA

· Registered
1,294 Posts
I thought a heated steering wheel was a "why do I need this?" Kinda nice to have. I'm a convert.

My wife is really going to like it in her BS.

· Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
2,926 Posts
I dropped one in my 2014 Fusion with a good bit of work, but that was doable because Ford started offering it as an option 3 months after mine was built....
It was a case of adding/changing components and logic changes to the FCIM & APIM

· Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,964 Posts
The US 2013-2015 Escapes didn't have heated steering wheels in any trim.
Would parts from a 2017-2019 fit e.g. clock spring and steering wheel?

I looked into doing it on my 2016, but there weren't any RHD 2017-2019 models with it. So it would mean the indicator stalk and headlight switches would change sides too.

· Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
2,926 Posts
From what I can tell the 2017+ has the heated steering wheel logic built into the BCM, so while the wheel & clock spring may fit you'd be lacking the wiring and the you'd need to replace the BCM to get the logic (which probably wouldn't work)..
On the Fusion, F150, Edge besides the wheel you have to add the Heated Steering Wheel Module, change the clock spring, and wiring to the column side of the clock spring to for the heat power and temp sensor. You also have to tie the HSM into the MSCANBUS and add flip some bits in the FCIM and APIM.
Here's a write up for that:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts