2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for all of the information here. My wife purchased a 2018 escape se 1.5l ecoboost 4WD with 100k miles about two months ago. I’ve read a lot about head gaskets and blocks and overheating. I’m currently experiencing some of the same symptoms others have talked about.
The car overheated the other day and I thought the coolant level was low. Checked it yesterday and the coolant level rose back to normal level. I’m gonna swap the thermostat to start because I’m a hopeful guy. It is intermittently overheating off and on so I’m kind of at a loss and the symptoms tell me sticky thermostat.
Where exactly is the thermostat located on these engines? I haven’t looked really hard but everything looks tight in there. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you

·
Super Moderator
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0l Ecoboost
1,045 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Rayrum60!

Youtube has some videos that show the thermostat location. A search should get you there.

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,625 Posts
Thanks for all of the information here. My wife purchased a 2018 escape se 1.5l ecoboost 4WD with 100k miles about two months ago. I’ve read a lot about head gaskets and blocks and overheating. I’m currently experiencing some of the same symptoms others have talked about.
The car overheated the other day and I thought the coolant level was low. Checked it yesterday and the coolant level rose back to normal level. I’m gonna swap the thermostat to start because I’m a hopeful guy. It is intermittently overheating off and on so I’m kind of at a loss and the symptoms tell me sticky thermostat.
Where exactly is the thermostat located on these engines? I haven’t looked really hard but everything looks tight in there. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you
I moved your thread to this sub forum. The New Member Intro area is just for introducing yourself and your Escape

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts