2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Ford Escape it started shaking so I took it to Autozone and they ran a diagnostic test which read P0303 misfire cylinder 3.
I changed all 4 spark plugs and 4 coils (there was some oil but not much not sure what that means either) haven鈥檛 been able to use the car in 2 weeks since, dash is now saying overheating immediately when I turn it on. All the fans come on, It shakes and turns off. I added coolant and noticed the the coolant line can be pinched when ON.
Has anyone had this problem and if so what can I do to fix it. Thanks 馃檹馃徎

Premium Member
I have a 2017 Ford Escape it started shaking so I took it to Autozone and they ran a diagnostic test which read P0303 misfire cylinder 3.
I changed all 4 spark plugs and 4 coils (there was some oil but not much not sure what that means either) haven鈥檛 been able to use the car in 2 weeks since, dash is now saying overheating immediately when I turn it on. All the fans come on, It shakes and turns off. I added coolant and noticed the the coolant line can be pinched when ON.
Has anyone had this problem and if so what can I do to fix it. Thanks 馃檹馃徎
If you have 1.6 EB likely coolant intrusion. You really have not provided enough information for us to be helpful. See the many posts on this engine and coolant problems.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
If you have 1.6 EB likely coolant intrusion. You really have not provided enough information for us to be helpful. See the many posts on this engine and coolant problems.
Hi. Thank you. Yes it鈥檚 the 1.5 EB. Before the coil and spark plug change the vehicle was stalling, wouldn鈥檛 accelerate past 40mph even when stepping on the accelerator completely. After changing the coils and spark plugs, we began getting excessive heat warnings on the dash as soon as we turn the car on, the fans turn on and the car begins to shake until it turns off. Also noticed the heater wasn鈥檛 warming up very much. Hope that鈥檚 better. Preciate your help.

Super Moderator

Super Moderator
You posted the same time as me.

Also noticed the heater wasn鈥檛 warming up very much.
That suggests low coolant is possible. I wouldn't be driving it until you get it checked out properly.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
You posted the same time as me.

That suggests low coolant is possible. I wouldn't be driving it until you get it checked out properly.
thanks. Yeah, It won鈥檛 even stay on long enough for me to drive it even if I wanted too. I鈥檓 stuck.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Need more model info- particularly the engine. If it's the 1.5l there's a recall out.

It wouldn't be a 1.6l EB if it's a 2017.
correct it鈥檚 a1.5EB. I spoke to Ford. They indicated no recalls!

Super Moderator
Has the recall been done yet? Quite likely you'll be looking at an engine replacement.

Premium Member
thanks. Yeah, It won鈥檛 even stay on long enough for me to drive it even if I wanted too. I鈥檓 stuck.
2017. 1.5. How many miles? You should be under drive train warranty.

Super Moderator

Premium Member
Almost 50,000 miles
You should be under drivetrain warranty. Read other threads on this issue and they should provide you guidance of what to expect.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
UPDATE!!!!! Hi everyone, I鈥檓 so grateful for this forum. It was so so helpful to me.
So I called Ford on Monday for the Field Service Action and was able to get my Escape towed in on Tuesday at 2pm to the dealership. They did all the diagnostic and turns out the problem got so bad I need to have the engine rebuilt. Praise God it鈥檚 all gonna be covered and they even provided me with a rental for the entire month it鈥檚 going to take to fix the problem. Couldn鈥檛 of done it without you guys. Thank you.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts