2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
I have a 2017 Ford Escape it started shaking so I took it to Autozone and they ran a diagnostic test which read P0303 misfire cylinder 3.
I changed all 4 spark plugs and 4 coils (there was some oil but not much not sure what that means either) haven鈥檛 been able to use the car in 2 weeks since, dash is now saying overheating immediately when I turn it on. All the fans come on, It shakes and turns off. I added coolant and noticed the the coolant line can be pinched when ON.
Has anyone had this problem and if so what can I do to fix it. Thanks 馃檹馃徎
Ford just replaced the engine in my 2017 for coolant intrusion into a cylinder. Common problem on these engines. Looks like Eco Boost is actually an Eco Brick. Won't buy another!!

Registered
If it's the 1.5l there's a recall out.
Good day mate,
Do you know of such a Field Service Action being done by Ford Australia? I tried to find out to no avail.
Actually just yesterday been to dealer claiming coolant consumption. They did a pressure test and visual inspection, hadn't found anything wrong. No Field Sevise Action was mentioned...
Just wondering if anyone in AU has already done this? Thanks!

Registered
Ford just replaced the engine in my 2017 for coolant intrusion into a cylinder. Common problem on these engines. Looks like Eco Boost is actually an Eco Brick. Won't buy another!!
2.0, the only way to go . . . Not nearly as many problems with that engine.

Super Moderator
Do you know of such a Field Service Action being done by Ford Australia?
Probably not. All Aussie car brand distributors seem very lax in getting recalls/ TSB's released. Your Escape 1.5l engine would most likely be built in a different plant (Bridgend UK) to the North American Escape. There seem to be less issues reported in markets outside North America- I've got no idea why.

Registered
Probably not. All Aussie car brand distributors seem very lax in getting recalls/ TSB's released. Your Escape 1.5l engine would most likely be built in a different plant (Bridgend UK) to the North American Escape. There seem to be less issues reported in markets outside North America- I've got no idea why.
Thanks very much David!
Cheers,
Alex

21 - 26 of 26 Posts