2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to ordering and installing some aftermarket HIDs. Easy install but I’m not sure how I feel about them. I had a Focus ST before this and the HIDs were decent. I ordered 5000k to match the LED accents but it seems to be more towards the 6000k color. It’s about 5:15 and I’m going to try them out tonight so I’ll follow up with another post for anyone that wants to know how they are. (Please excuse the dirty garage. A little too chilly in MD to spend an hour cleaning it.)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Are those HID's not installed in projector housing? Matching HID vs LED will be a little off since they are different, but that is something you'll have to play with temp wise. If those aren't in projectors, I'd highly recommend getting some, that light pattern will be pretty meh if not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are those HID's not installed in projector housing? Matching HID vs LED will be a little off since they are different, but that is something you'll have to play with temp wise. If those aren't in projectors, I'd highly recommend getting some, that light pattern will be pretty meh if not.
They are in projector housings. I ordered a second set of 5000k and they are more on the 5000k temp than the ones I had in the photo which still look more blue. Must of been a mix up on my order.

they dont look too obnoxious. assuming the light pattern is good, I'd say the're fine.
Light pattern is great. Thrown much further than the stock halogens so I'm happy with them. Couldn't beat the $40 price either.

·
Registered
2017 For Escape Titanium
2 Posts
Finally got around to ordering and installing some aftermarket HIDs. Easy install but I’m not sure how I feel about them. I had a Focus ST before this and the HIDs were decent. I ordered 5000k to match the LED accents but it seems to be more towards the 6000k color. It’s about 5:15 and I’m going to try them out tonight so I’ll follow up with another post for anyone that wants to know how they are. (Please excuse the dirty garage. A little too chilly in MD to spend an hour cleaning it.)
What brand HID did you install?

·
Registered
2014 Ford Escape Titanium
1 Posts
What brand HID did you install?
OP hasn't been on the site since April of 2019 so I don't think you'll get a reply. I'm hoping to install some aftermarket HID's on mine as well, but haven't gotten around to doing a search on the site to see suggestions. Someone else will chime in with a suggestion.

·
Registered
2017 For Escape Titanium
2 Posts
OP hasn't been on the site since April of 2019 so I don't think you'll get a reply. I'm hoping to install some aftermarket HID's on mine as well, but haven't gotten around to doing a search on the site to see suggestions. Someone else will chime in with a suggestion.
I bought some Morimoto, but a lot of wiring couldn't install them cause they got damaged during shipping and had them for months couldn't do a claim. I was looking into the GTR lighting HID kit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts