2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
‘15 1.6L AWD 137k miles. 22k miles on the new (reman) tranny. Noticed the 2 halves were separating up and/or down ^v. Not side to side <—>. After a month of keeping an eye on it, it is getting worse. Recently started leaking fluid out of the LH output shaft seal also. Thinking I possibly need motor mount and torque/tranny mount? Don’t do any towing, mostly highway driving 60-70mph.

·
Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
2,750 Posts
If the halves are slipping the case needs to be realigned and the bolts torqued correctly.
Sounds like a case of "that feels like 30#" instead of someone using a torque wrench.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the halves are slipping the case needs to be realigned and the bolts torqued correctly.
Sounds like a case of "that feels like 30#" instead of someone using a torque wrench.
[/QUOTE
I didn’t think about that, it’s a good possibility, food for thought.. Looking at it from the bottom there’s about 1/16” or a smidge more difference between the halves. Idk which side is moving up or down or if they’re simultaneously going different directions. I’d assume the ptu side would be the high side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts