2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a wierd one for you. When opening the passenger door, the horn honked twice, the passenger door was able to open, but the rest of the doors locked. This has happened twice now. It was also early morning, and my neighbors house is very close by. This doesnt make me very neighborly.

One possible reason, maybe my a button got pushed on my key faub while in my pocket? Really wierd.

· Registered
230 Posts
The double honk is the indicator that the keyfob has been used to lock the car when one or more doors are not closed. Maybe that is what happened, since you say the other doors locked at the same time.

The buttons do seem to be sensitive. I have hit the panic one accidentally a few times now. That was such a bad problem with my 2005 Escape that I took the remote apart and removed the panic pushbutton switch to prevent it from going off.

· Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
7,580 Posts
This usually happens when you move your intelligent access fob away from your Escape, when it's running. Since you are in the vehicle, maybe you're battery on your fob is low. Replace the battery and see if that fixes your issue.

· Registered
1 Posts
Random Horn & Door Lock Issues

My 2014 Ford Escape Titanium will randomly honk when I pick up my key fob. Or it will honk when I walk past the garage while fob is in my pocket. Sometimes while driving, the door locks will activate on and off as well. When I'm standing right next to the car it won't activate and unlock my doors sometimes.

The first thing I did, is realize it maybe the fob battery, so I replaced the fob battery. Then my car battery kept draining and it wouldn't hold a charge either, so I replaced my car battery. Is there anything that needs to be sync'd when you replace fob & car batteries?

But the random honks door lock issues still happen.

· Registered
6 Posts
2013 Ford Escape Titanium Ecoboost. My wife's car just started acting funny today. I'll pick up my key fob and walk to the car and the horn starts honking and lights flash. It was acting funny and after we drove some where and tried to come home it wouldn't start and it said it didn't recognize the key fob.
Got it to start finally and drove home but I could hear the door locks clicking
Pulled into the garage and got out and it started honking and lights flashing. Tried the wife's fob and everything worked fine. But it was still honking and lights flashing in the garage until i took the battery out of my key fob.
I'm hoping it battery CR2032 for the fob. Sent my daughter to pick one up.
So far it's not making any noises in the garage since I took the battery out of my key fob.

· Registered
0 Posts
Random Horn & Door Lock Issues

My 2014 Ford Escape Titanium will randomly honk when I pick up my key fob. Or it will honk when I walk past the garage while fob is in my pocket. Sometimes while driving, the door locks will activate on and off as well. When I'm standing right next to the car it won't activate and unlock my doors sometimes.

The first thing I did, is realize it maybe the fob battery, so I replaced the fob battery. Then my car battery kept draining and it wouldn't hold a charge either, so I replaced my car battery. Is there anything that needs to be sync'd when you replace fob & car batteries?

But the random honks door lock issues still happen.
Did you get an answre yet. This is exactly what is happening in my 2013. Randomly honks in my garage or when I leave my vehicle with the keys. Also it locks itself in my garage. Not sure, but this may have started after I changed my fob battery??? Not sure about the timing.

· Registered
2109 Ti White 2.0L
77 Posts
If the second fob is in the car and I try to lock it, then I get a double honk. This happens if I use the outside black button to lock the car or the inside lock button. 19 Ti

· Registered
6 Posts
Got a wierd one for you. When opening the passenger door, the horn honked twice, the passenger door was able to open, but the rest of the doors locked. This has happened twice now. It was also early morning, and my neighbors house is very close by. This doesnt make me very neighborly. One possible reason, maybe my a button got pushed on my key faub while in my pocket? Really wierd.
I had to get a new fob. Called a pro locksmith. $200 for everything and an after market fob.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts