2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am on my way to the airport today. I got a half mile from home and the horn started honking continuously. I tried pulling over and hitting the horn button, shutting off the engine, starting again, and playing with all the buttons on the fob. Nothing would silence it. Since I had a flight to catch I continued to the airport. About 15 miles later it stopped. It seems that much continuous horn was too much for the fuse. This is a 2014 Titanium Escape. All factory. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was just one long continuous 20 minute plus horn blast. Started about a half mile down the road. Came on by itself.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've had my horn honk on it's own several times in the past while driving. Mentioned it to the dealer and nothing came from it. Let us know what you find from the dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will do, Just got home today. I'll bring it in to the dealer on Monday. Still under warranty. I was just hoping someone else had experienced this problem to make it easier for the dealer to diagnose. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was on a road trip w/2 dogs. 4 hours later I was in a shop, come out my horn is blaring. I started the car, it shut off then came on again. So shut car off and restart. I started my trip home and the horn kept going on and off then continually again. Pulled into a gas station and a guy came to help, took the fuse out from under hood. I got home safe, but no horn. So what is wrong with my car.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
I was on a road trip w/2 dogs. 4 hours later I was in a shop, come out my horn is blaring. I started the car, it shut off then came on again. So shut car off and restart. I started my trip home and the horn kept going on and off then continually again. Pulled into a gas station and a guy came to help, took the fuse out from under hood. I got home safe, but no horn. So what is wrong with my car.
My best GUESS is some sort of problem with wiring. Because intermittent, it will be difficult to track down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts