2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We love going to the drive-in in the summer, but can't sit through the movies with our headlights on. Is there ANY way to get all the headlights (fog lights, running lights, etc) to turn off? It seems like there should be a simple override solution like in other cars, but I can't seem to find one. We just bought the car last night :D.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Unless your Escape is different from ours, there should be a multi-position headlamp switch on the left of the dash. Off, Park, On, and Auto positions.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
We love going to the drive-in in the summer, but can't sit through the movies with our headlights on. Is there ANY way to get all the headlights (fog lights, running lights, etc) to turn off? It seems like there should be a simple override solution like in other cars, but I can't seem to find one. We just bought the car last night :D.
Here you go. You probably have Automatic on (far right setting).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Problem u may have if you go to a drive in without a speaker and have to use a radio frq ur vehicle will turn off for battery saving after 30 min. At least it is I the push start FE's

·
Registered
25 Posts
Headlights?

I don't think you provided enough information to make sense... of course I could be missing something you said... but won't the lights all go off when you turn the vehicle off? I understand they may be on for a few seconds or so. But you can have the vehicle off and still listen to the radio if you want.... Don't drive ins have a speaker next to your parked vehicle or use the radio?

What am I missing about your question? I apologize for not understanding your question appropriately...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, our drive-in doesn't have outside speakers. You tune into an FM station to hear the movie. We usually keep it running part of the time so the battery won't die, get a kick of A/C, etc. But if the car is on the running lights are always on (even when headlight switch is in the "Off" position as shown in the diagrams posted). This is what I'm trying to figure out- is there any way to get ALL the lights to turn off while the car is on? Seems silly not to have that option.

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
I think next time I go to the drive in, I'll stop at the local Wal-mart and pick up this old thing called a radio :p and throw some batteries in it and call it done. That way I don't have to mess with turning on and off the car, or playing with the other features that turn the car off. FYI, I have successfully sat at a drive in watched two full length movies via the FM station using my car's radio and started and left without a hitch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
using the radio power button only works for 30 mins..then what......i watch 2 to 4 movies at the drive-in...and it says it wont come on cause it is in battery saver mode...cant even turn the truck on cause you cant get the lights to stay off

·
Registered
164 Posts
do you have day time running lights? If so try to turn the head lights to off and set parking brake, that should turn of the day time running lights ie in a GMC truck it will

·
Registered
310 Posts
But if the car is on the running lights are always on (even when headlight switch is in the "Off" position as shown in the diagrams posted).
I'm guessing your from Canada with daytime running lights. Cars build for the states don't have them except for fleet sales. We are at a disadvantage not having them trying to help you out. Does the dealer offer a solution?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Remove fuse F39 from the box under the hood, be sure to put it back in when the movie is over. It's the "Daytime running lamps and headlamp control module ignition feed"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Headlights?

I don't think you provided enough information to make sense... of course I could be missing something you said... but won't the lights all go off when you turn the vehicle off? I understand they may be on for a few seconds or so. But you can have the vehicle off and still listen to the radio if you want.... Don't drive ins have a speaker next to your parked vehicle or use the radio?

What am I missing about your question? I apologize for not understanding your question appropriately...
I think the basis of the question was how to turn off the headlights while the vehicle is running.....
Do you know how?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Glad I got your response to read as a reference.

Mine is supposedly from Canada, as mentioned, so lights are on at night even if you're parked. My LEDs are super bright, and since I'm driving for Uber and go to the airport, the tower is requesting we turn off our headlights. It doesn't help that I can't turn them off an keep it running in the winter. Summer will be no problem, unless I have to turn it off due to airplane noise, being a couple hundred feet from the personal aircraft. I can turn it away from the field and hope they don't still complain. I'll check out the fuse deal.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts